Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I admit it looks solid, but the skeptic in me can't believe it's going to be that high. I mean I'd love to see it, but man its quite the jump up.
Using a golf analogy . . my Q3 forecast is a layup shot avoiding the hazard of over-shooting. Rob is going right for the pin for the win.
He deserves the win - let's hope he does.

I see GJ is down grading his living expenses.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1634262994047.jpg
    FB_IMG_1634262994047.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 80
So my university's alumni magazine came in the mail yesterday. Cover was a picture of the EV Hummer. Apparently even a top university can't see through GM's BS. How did this get published?

They played the “ alumni helping build a greener future” card.
Anchor down👍

Thank you for the link. I enjoyed the article. Almost anyone who does not own a Tesla sees the world though that lens. My father always told me that Vanderbilt was a good school. If you look at the roles the graduates have in one of the biggest companies in the world, it is impressive. They are doing good work with the framework/constraint set they have. The Volt was a significant vehicle.

One thing you will see there is a lot of reactive behavior, just like the Harvard folks. Here is an example straight out the textbook.

Elon is building the best car.
GM is investing in the niches (that is why they need 20 models and preach that every customer is different).
All the places that GM is investing in have hard ceilings on market size.

Tesla is (by the book) giving new entrants into the EV space expensive to serve markets of finite size. Places from which you can hardly ever (never win). I remember some story about light bulbs... in Germany or something,,,

Key point, GM is moving into the market spaces Tesla wants them to move into - expensive to serve and growth limited. You see that in the article, but every player in the story is a good soldier.

Elon has said Tesla will have at least one entry into each automotive segment.

"Models" doesn't matter. It is platforms. If GM has the same platform selling a CUV as a Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac from the accountants POV that is 1 vehicle.

Tesla is making a subcompact for Europe and a supposedly completely different subcompact model for China.

S3XY Cybertruck, Model 2 Europe, Model 2 China, Van or high density people mover, and Roadster. Tesla Semi. Model S and X didn't end up sharing as many parts as hoped for neither do Model 3 and Model Y. In large part because of Tesla's process of continuous improvement.

Plus whatever else may come about from Elon's brain.

GM's problem is running essentially two companies at the same time.

An ICEv company serving all the segments. As it shuts down in 10-15 years.

And another BEV company serving all segments that needs to ramp up. Ramp up platforms, vehicles and battery supply. Hummer EV, Silverado-e,Suburban-e,Tahoe-e,Express-E, all their GMC equivalents plus Cadillac Escalade will be from one platform. From $113k Hummer EV to Plumber Van Express-e . This is the segment that generates over 100% of North American profits. The rest is a net negative margin.

I admit it looks solid, but the skeptic in me can't believe it's going to be that high. I mean I'd love to see it, but man its quite the jump up.
Yeah but now that Rob’s put out that high estimate, I’ll toss out mine.

I’ve been thinking $2.12 for no real reason, but didn’t say anything for fear of jinxing things especially with the estimated 83K units I have from a reliable source. ;)

Benzinga - hour ago: Tesla Co-Founder Has Warning For Legacy Automakers Investing In Electric Vehicle Production

Excerpt:

“So many different OEMs, countries, factories, customers are leaping into EVs. I don’t think they’ve done the math fully (on) what that entails on the supply chain and tracing it all the way back, literally all the way back to the mines,” Straubel said on “This Week in Startups” with Jason Calacanis.

not an hour ago, just a rehash of last week, like seriously did you not watch the video interview with JB? And then see the 3 other tweets and articles quoting this same thing after the interview that were all mentioned in this thread?

Oct 7

If Bezeniga brings it up on Oc7 2022 as a "this day in history" will we see it again?

To phrase it in simple terms: You only live once. YOLO. Also die, unless your name is Bond. :cool:
Yes! A little OT, but as with you this resonates loudly in my life. I repeatedly tried to impart this concept to our kids (now adults) with respect to speeding. Both had to get burned, before changing behavior. One appears to have a much higher risk tolerance:). A fair warning for those who visit Virginia - 20+ miles over the speed limit or greater than 80 is reckless driving and is a criminal offense, not a traffic violation. One child learned the hard way.. Asymmetric risk definitely informs my decisions, which is why I don’t own a mountain..

Benzinga - hour ago: Tesla Co-Founder Has Warning For Legacy Automakers Investing In Electric Vehicle Production

Excerpt:

“So many different OEMs, countries, factories, customers are leaping into EVs. I don’t think they’ve done the math fully (on) what that entails on the supply chain and tracing it all the way back, literally all the way back to the mines,” Straubel said on “This Week in Startups” with Jason Calacanis.
@Curt Renz

I really like it when you link Benzinga articles....the name alone makes it sound like its going to be very exciting and interesting.

Today I Learned>
We got a lot of first world people in here with first world problems.
Ya all pay more in taxes more ways than I have made in my life.
@lafrisbee

You are a valued contributor! I've enjoyed your posts over past 1+ years. I remember the early posts about investing in $TSLA and making enough to pay for the Cybertruck. Can't wait until that becomes a reality in 2022.

It's worthwhile to pause and take a look at the big picture. Back over $4000 pre split. Crazy. And before all this craziness happened, we all have meaningful lives outside of $TSLA. We can't lose sight of that no matter how many "free" Cybertrucks we are up in this crazy game.