Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla will quietly package insurance AND FSD into the "Insurance paid by the mile policy". The savings for the riders will make it a no-brainer. You are likely looking at a lower amount than your current "Monthly" insurance policy.
And when occasions arise where you must take over and drive the vehicle Tesla will start the meter on your Driver's Insurance based on how "good" a driver you are during that time. And it will do it seamlessly with in car camera driver recognition at the level of ease of using a super charger.
The question here is "FSD is now used for 99.9% of driving. How do you determine how good a driver you are when FSD use nears 100%". The corollary is that no one is likely to be a good driver if FSD use approaches 100% because driving takes practice. So after you have been using FSD exclusively for, say, a year, you're likely to be worse in a situation if takeover is required, then you would be with FSD and no takeover.

Cybertruck secured! My employee has one on order, maybe this will ease the pain of the long wait. But, what the heck is that thing in the frunk??? 🙄
View attachment 721878
I have one in the cart but afraid to pull the trigger. Perfect for rich kids. Might go for $500 if they do sell out before the holidays. How big is this toy anyway?

I saw this generally positive article about the Jeffries upgrade this AM on marketwatch, but what the heck is that picture. Where do these pictures even come from?

That is the original prototype Model S. I was privileged to get a look at it in the (original) Santa Monica store/service center. Beautiful color that they ended up never using; the Signature red was a little darker while the multi-coat red released later was lighter. The picture doesn't do justice to the color.

Model S.JPG

Others have mentioned not knowing about collectable drops.
Mattel is making a MEGA (Lego clone) Cybertruck. On sale now (preorder for Dec 8th), seem to still be in stock.

MEGA Tesla Cybertruck
Thank you Mongo. Ordered. Will give this, along with with the two already received Mattel RC Cybertrucks, to my sons on Christmas. Mattel knows how to make a premium by leveraging the brand.

Reactions: UncaNed
Docs tend to be risk averse in my experience so you might use the rhetorical judo move of presenting the risk mitigation side of TSLA as an investment. It may be particularly useful for Canadian investors especially those in Canada’s oil country.

The energy transformation will drive massive shifts in the world’s economy. Obviously fossil fuel companies will suffer stranded assets and legacy automakers will continue to struggle. However, that is not all. There will be many unpredictable ramifications in many other sectors and, so, many traditionally "safe" investments are in fact already at risk. Hence, TSLA can be used as a hedge.
As a former oil and gas engineer in the heart of the Canadian oil country I can confirm that most people in these parts see Tesla as a risky investment. Most people thought I was crazy for investing in Tesla. It’s hard for them to see through their bias cause their wages depend on oil money. I was lucky that I was able to see through my bias and I did use Tesla as a hedge against my job as you say.

Now the dilemma I face is I own a house in Calgary and Calgary house prices directly correspond to oil prices. Hopefully, Calgary will be more diversified by the time oil prices collapse cause I love this city. I am watching fsd progress closely cause I think robotaxis could collapse oil prices faster than what people are expecting. I’ll be half tempted to sell my house and move once fsd is solved.

As a former oil and gas engineer in the heart of the Canadian oil country I can confirm that most people in these parts see Tesla as a risky investment. Most people thought I was crazy for investing in Tesla. It’s hard for them to see through their bias cause their wages depend on oil money. I was lucky that I was able to see through my bias and I did use Tesla as a hedge against my job as you say.

Now the dilemma I face is I own a house in Calgary and Calgary house prices directly correspond to oil prices. Hopefully, Calgary will be more diversified by the time oil prices collapse cause I love this city. I am watching fsd progress closely cause I think robotaxis could collapse oil prices faster than what people are expecting. I’ll be half tempted to sell my house and move once fsd is solved.
While I generally favor primo* real estate under most any market conditions so long as the time horizon is long and also agree with the sentiment that all real estate is local, the overall picture is veiled at the moment (yet seductive, too).

Even if we ignore the near term issues (potential for inflation/higher rates implying softening prices, for implosion in Chinese real estate with repercussions for the rest of their economy and the export thereof, …) and look at transformation related effects, there are going to be some pockets of drama—regional effects including what you mention, retirement of parking structures due to FSD/robotaxis, etc.

There will also be opportunities that might be anticipated and acted upon sooner than later by those with foresight.

* location, location, location; ultra-primo may be riskier than some realize or so I’ve heard

Last edited:
Why are LEAPs\ IV still dead?

I have been wondering the same. My last purchase of shares at $644.53 is up 29.29%, but the Jan2023 $1000 LEAPS purchased on the same day is up only 5.00%.

The IV Percentile Ranking is showing 0% level but is still trending lower.

Regardless, I think by Jan 2023 the LEAPS will still outperform the shares. We'll see.

Screenshot 2021-10-15 at 2.44.28 PM.png

Source : Market Chameleon

Last edited:
Thank you Mongo. Ordered. Will give this, along with with the two already received Mattel RC Cybertrucks, to my sons on Christmas. Mattel knows how to make a premium by leveraging the brand.
Are the batteries included? I'm thinking 9-Volts packs.
1634323693329.png