Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not proud of this. But I knew you guys would understand!
E6E81096-674E-4EE7-BDFB-E1EC591684A9.jpeg
Legos are the only thing my son is more obsessive about than CYBER-not-a-TRUCKs. He’s got all the CYBER merch (with his allowance) and about 100 shares of TSLA @$86/share (with his garbage college annuity-thanks Grandma)

Last edited:
I need anti FUD help guys.

There is that financial independance group with a long standing member spreading constantly FUD about Tesla. He has been doing that over more than 3-4 years. He has shifted the view on Tesla for many Canadian MDs in the group over the years and has been bashing Tesla in the group of 10,000+ MDs. He has been praised as one the best investor over the years and the majority have been listening to his investment advices. He is deeply invested in oil and has just moved all his assets offshore because of the upcoming raise in capital gains from. Canadian government.

I have been enduring his anti-Tesla posts for couple years know but now it has reached a point of non sense that needs to be adresses. What approach would you recommend to counter his FUD? https://m.facebook.com/comment/repl...mention&notif_id=1634257519434959&ref=m_notif

He keeps linking CNN articles and his main arguments is that Chinese EV manufacturers bill beat Tesla price and quality and that nobody wants to own specifically a Tesla, that people want to own EVs and that’s what people are missing. He expects TSLA to reach a peak and collapse, he sold 75% of his position in 2020.
If he expects TSLA to reach a peak and collapse...why did he only sell 75% of his position (holding 25% in the event of another run up which is what we are witnessing now?) Sounds to me that he is just another bitter paper hands investor who is salty on missing out on the recent run up.

1. I would just ignore this idiot
2. He has been praised as one the best investor over the years - Past performance is not an indication of future returns
3. Sit back and enjoy holding the best company ever built, we know the catalysts coming in the near future....long term....this is the only generational company i can see myself buying at any price level.

JMHO

I need anti FUD help guys.

There is that financial independance group with a long standing member spreading constantly FUD about Tesla. He has been doing that over more than 3-4 years. He has shifted the view on Tesla for many Canadian MDs in the group over the years and has been bashing Tesla in the group of 10,000+ MDs. He has been praised as one the best investor over the years and the majority have been listening to his investment advices. He is deeply invested in oil and has just moved all his assets offshore because of the upcoming raise in capital gains from. Canadian government.

I have been enduring his anti-Tesla posts for couple years know but now it has reached a point of non sense that needs to be adresses. What approach would you recommend to counter his FUD? https://m.facebook.com/comment/repl...mention&notif_id=1634257519434959&ref=m_notif

He keeps linking CNN articles and his main arguments is that Chinese EV manufacturers bill beat Tesla price and quality and that nobody wants to own specifically a Tesla, that people want to own EVs and that’s what people are missing. He expects TSLA to reach a peak and collapse, he sold 75% of his position in 2020.

So he's been wrong about Tesla for 3-4 years and people still listen to him?
I can't recall -- is this guy an anestethiologist? Maybe passed too much gas? Just a thought.

I concur: Pass him silently. You will still be remembered though.

I have been wondering the same. My last purchase of shares at $644.53 is up 29.29%, but the Jan2023 $1000 LEAPS purchased on the same day is up only 5.00%.

The IV Percentile Ranking is showing 0% level but is still trending lower.

Regardless, I think by Jan 2023 the LEAPS will still outperform the shares. We'll see.

View attachment 721919

Source : Market Chameleon

IV is at it's lowest point in nearly 2 years. That's why options haven't moved much, even LEAPS.

Battery cell supply chain coming together:

based on

EDIT: Both sites are connected via rail (takes 1h 20 for passenger travel via Frankfurt/Oder) so lithium hydroxide can efficiently be transported

Wow... should have traded on that info, was anyone smarter?!

Screenshot 2021-10-15 at 21.16.11.png

Others have mentioned not knowing about collectable drops.
Mattel is making a MEGA (Lego clone) Cybertruck. On sale now (preorder for Dec 8th), seem to still be in stock.

MEGA Tesla Cybertruck
You all realize that MEGA Cybertruck comes unassembled. 3,283 parts to this puzzle.
Many of you will have your fully assembled Tesla Cybertruck delivered before build out of the MEGA Cybertruck.

Of the $250 USD price, how much of that is going to Tesla for licensing rights @The Accountant will need to start adding a new revenue line with all the new Tesla 3rd party merchandizing products that will be flooding the market.

PS. I think Tesla's Cybertruck will have less parts than the MEGA Cybertruck version.

Last edited:
Sandy’s 3 years late making that prediction, but better late than never I guess.
Sandy has been making this prediction since at least the Model Y teardown if not back after the model 3 teardown, I don't remember. He often comments about the parallels he see between the rise of Chinese BEV production being ignored and the rise of Japanese ICE production decades ago.

Last edited:
Im in an odd state of mind currently. First time we went this high I was amazed. Now after getting crushed (financially, emotionally) since the first part of 2021, I have a feeling never had before(im a noob I guess)

With my work being back to a semi-normal state. Money coming in which is good. if the stock price held steady for the next full year I could afford to pay for a nice home in the city here with cash(after a years worth of wages)

I don't know where its headed. Im worried to death of macro events and potentially falling again. I have no complaints though, my rent is cheap for where I live, my health is ok (minus my constantly breaking teeth)

Whats a guy to do? Hold for another 6-12 months is my plan as of now. Dont know any more.

Congrats to everyone here on the board. We rode it out. The last 10 months have been difficult(but this IS TESLA)

Im in an odd state of mind currently. First time we went this high I was amazed. Now after getting crushed (financially, emotionally) since the first part of 2021, I have a feeling never had before(im a noob I guess)

With my work being back to a semi-normal state. Money coming in which is good. if the stock price held steady for the next full year I could afford to pay for a nice home in the city here with cash(after a years worth of wages)

I don't know where its headed. Im worried to death of macro events and potentially falling again. I have no complaints though, my rent is cheap for where I live, my health is ok (minus my constantly breaking teeth)

Whats a guy to do? Hold for another 6-12 months is my plan as of now. Dont know any more.

Congrats to everyone here on the board. We rode it out. The last 10 months have been difficult(but this IS TESLA)
When in doubt....zoom out on the chart....$TSLA is just beginning the next leg up...it def will not be linear. You may feel better if you sell and maybe it goes down 10-20%, but what will you do then? You're still on the hook for capital gains....Buy back in? Nah...human behavior suggests that you wait for it to dip more and then it doesn't happen, and next thing you know, you're paying a higher price than what you sold for.

Don't ask me how i know it will play out.....maybe ive been around the block more than once on this :)

HODL.