Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sandy has been making this prediction since at least the Model Y teardown if not back after the model 3 teardown, I don't remember. He often comments about the parallels he see between the rise of Chinese BEV production being ignored and the rise of Japanese ICE production decades ago.
Cool. But some of us predicted it long before that. Course, there are some who still believe Gov’t bailout will go on indefinitely. Place your bet.

Im in an odd state of mind currently. First time we went this high I was amazed. Now after getting crushed (financially, emotionally) since the first part of 2021, I have a feeling never had before(im a noob I guess)

With my work being back to a semi-normal state. Money coming in which is good. if the stock price held steady for the next full year I could afford to pay for a nice home in the city here with cash(after a years worth of wages)

I don't know where its headed. Im worried to death of macro events and potentially falling again. I have no complaints though, my rent is cheap for where I live, my health is ok (minus my constantly breaking teeth)

Whats a guy to do? Hold for another 6-12 months is my plan as of now. Dont know any more.

Congrats to everyone here on the board. We rode it out. The last 10 months have been difficult(but this IS TESLA)
For starters, never post poetry again.

Secondly, stop watching the ticker if you’re emotionally attached to money/emotional about money. Just go about your life, make it a good life, invest as much as you can afford in TSLA along the way without negatively affecting the good life you’re leading and forget about the investment.

Come back here in 2025 some time and tell us how life has been going for you.

Whats a guy to do? Hold for another 6-12 months is my plan as of now. Dont know any more.

Congrats to everyone here on the board. We rode it out. The last 10 months have been difficult(but this IS TESLA)

Hold it until you are too old to work and then start spending it a teeny little bit each month - no more than $10K each month because you want to make sure it lasts as long as you! ;)

Im in an odd state of mind currently. First time we went this high I was amazed. Now after getting crushed (financially, emotionally) since the first part of 2021, I have a feeling never had before(im a noob I guess)

With my work being back to a semi-normal state. Money coming in which is good. if the stock price held steady for the next full year I could afford to pay for a nice home in the city here with cash(after a years worth of wages)

I don't know where its headed. Im worried to death of macro events and potentially falling again. I have no complaints though, my rent is cheap for where I live, my health is ok (minus my constantly breaking teeth)

"Worried to death." Speaking from personal experience, worry is a contributor to most ailments, from cancer, to heart desease, to mental illness. If this is how you feel after TMC offers continuing support of execution of Tesla's mission in the next several quarters and fiscal years, I would suggest you have too much exposure to TSLA. There is nothing wrong with selling at these levels, although as per my previous sentence things for Tesla (not necessarily representative of TSLA true) are looking up and the future of BEVs is much more certain than even a couple of years ago.
My advice is you is to not use leverage (may be forced to sell during a down cycle), do not go "all in TSLA", spread your risk and carry a long term horizon for your investments (one year minimum), and don't invest any money that you can't afford to lose. It may be a good idea to take a break from watching the markets daily and to take a break from TMC.
You will know you have the right amount of TSLA when you are able to sleep well at night, regardless of the daily gain/loss drama in TSLA.
Wishing you and your family all the best in health and happiness. Fortune (zeros in your bank account) is not a requirement for either.

Wow, what a great trading day.

I know it's nothing like the 5-10% pops we used to get, but gotta love today's action. Light-to-moderate volume, both SP and volume increasing into the close, SP ending much higher than MMs would have liked. Great send-off to the weekend before earnings.

Congrats to all longs!

It's funny how significant a 3% increase feels these days.