Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but we need to acknowledge that this UAW pork handout will slow real change. It will make people feel good that they "did their part" by buying a hybrid and they'll receive a fat credit for doing it. It slows the real transition away from oil, costs US taxpayers to do so, and rewards legacy manufacturers for continuing total idiots. Bravo!
Two things to consider
1. Customer is much more aware now and will be able to have better judgment
2. Resale value for the pieces of crap

Ok one more
3. If Tesla decides to go with model Q early a well

Who wants a blackberry on the sales aisle once you have seen the iPhone

Last edited:
When the Hertz Tesla purchase (partnership?) was announced I immediately downloaded the Hertz app and joined the Hertz “Gold Plus Rewards” program. I then took the time to write Hertz and tell them they now have a new loyal customer specifically due to their wise decision to purchase Teslas, the most efficient, low cost of operation vehicles on the planet. I also congratulated them for taking active steps to address climate change and that this partnership will serve them well in this regard. Finally, I told them I would buy stock in the restructured company because their future is very bright as a result of their decision to embrace Tesla and EVs. The last part is a bit disingenuous, as I’ll probably just buy more TSLA once my money tree blooms again in January. But, you all get the point. ☺️

🚀 🌙
Same. I also let them know here. They definitely seemed to appreciate it based on the response.

Attachments

• 393E03E7-A9B7-4FE3-A95E-A18481A0E2CA.jpeg
    393E03E7-A9B7-4FE3-A95E-A18481A0E2CA.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 75DB2FB4-CCBE-4B65-AEFF-DE3ED37341DB.jpeg
    75DB2FB4-CCBE-4B65-AEFF-DE3ED37341DB.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Two things to consider
1. Customer is much more aware now and will be able to have better judgment
2. Resale value for the pieces of crap

Ok one more
3. If Tesla decides to go with model Q early a well

Who wants a blackberry on the sales aisle once you have seen the iPhone
While what you say is true, people are not universally informed and are easily manipulated. I know some smart people (lawyer, finance guy) who bought a Toyota "self charging" car thinking they were doing a good thing for the environment. Not everyone will want to dedicate the time to understand why those ideas suck.

On top of that, incentives work. Many people will think if they're going to save $12k on a hybrid they're getting a good deal.

Over the long run it will become obvious to people why EVs are better but the process will be slower if hybrids are subsidised and other irrelevant facts to the zero carbon transition (i.e. union workers) are muddying the message.

Actually, I'm a lot more concerned that something happens to him (crashes driving a plaid, pancreatic cancer, whatever!). Although Apple moved on w/o Steve Jobs (before he came back), it wasn't pretty for a while there, and Elon is certainly part of the Tesla magic/mystique.
I agree. That's the biggest existential risk now.
  • It's not if their cars (X) are too complicated and expensive to be just niche.
  • It's not if can they ramp the Model 3.
  • It's not if they can build in China.
  • It's not that competition will swamp them.
  • It's not if Panasonic will produce enough batteries.
  • It's not if they will go bankwupt.
All this is in the past.
  • They DO know how to manufacture better than the century-old OEMs.
  • They WILL build their own batteries.
  • They CAN - and ARE - growing at 50% / year.
  • They will disrupt the energy sector also.
  • They will start and lead an AI industry.
  • They will innovate and disrupt other sectors in unknown ways
The biggest risk to Tesla and TSLA is Elon's health and well-being. There are no more insurmountable external threats. That's one reason why I was so upset when he broke off from Grimes. For him to stay safer, I wanted him to have a loved one to go home to every week! Selfish, I know.

Be well, Elon.

lol... $20,000+ stock price? C'mon.
@StrongGuy
should i remind you, that, pre-splits (plural)

Cisco CSCO is a trifle over $16,500/share
Micro squish/Microsoft MSFT is a bit over $95,000/share
look up AMER/AOL and a bunch of others as well.

for a real hoot tho, look at one of the favorites of one of the vanished TSLAQ crowd J Peterson
AXPW which in the split database has a 1:1,750 reverse split (1:35 and 1:50, but actually much worse as there were at least 3 reverse splits from memory, now AXPWQ, down 100%

Thirty years ago, I was were you are now (engineering student at a Belgian university, electronics/software though) and also found my education pretty lame, certainly compared to the stuff I was learning on my own. But over the years I got more satisfied with my education because it gave me a useful background in lots of stuff I wouldn’t have investigated on my own. I hope you’ll find that too over the next decade.

In particular, I find that community colleges in the United States offer extraordinary value for money in science education. For the price of a good quality headset each, I have taken several semester-long courses that include lectures by highly qualified instructors passionate about the subject matter and passionate about teaching. That small fee includes the cost of amazingly well-equipped laboratories and often times, I was able to borrow the textbook from the college library at no cost. Sometimes I even borrowed the laptop from the library at no cost if the course required use of software that did not operate on my own laptop's OS. I say this as a matter of fact, not intending to dispute the OP idea that "software is eating the world" applies to the field of education as well.

They can also run out of money too…? (Or is that not a thing 🤔)
not while they can “pop into existence thanks to the Madoff rule” “virtual/counterfeit shares” that can get rolled into the indefinite future to “short/keep markets working”

perhaps “dee-risking” by “dee-rivatives” should be “dee-need” and “dee-stroyed” so only actual stocks exist.

it’s almost like there is a ginormous pile of nonexistent virtual cash, supported by a mountain of nonexistent virtual stock, a consensual hallucination awaiting someone to try to take a withdrawal from this nothingness that was hypothecated and rehypothecated.
(leverage works both ways, up and down, like skaters playing “crack the whip”)

do the shares you supposedly own exist? or are they a tiny few passed around at the speed of an HFT.

By the way,

How many Teslanairs did this forum mint this time after it run up to $1000?
Nobody knows the true definition. It will always be a mystery. I thought it was 1M in TSLA holding when it fitted me best then I thought it was 1M in TSLA profit in CAD and then 1M in TSLA profit in USD when it fitted. It seems to be an evolving concept lol.

Does anyone here remember what was the SP when the board took the decision to issue a stock split? Not the stock price the day it was announced but the SP the day the decision was taken?

Does anyone here remember what was the SP when the board took the decision to issue a stock split? Not the stock price the day it was announced but the SP the day the decision was taken?

Split was announced on Aug 11, 2020 and the stock closed that day at $1374.

Edit - and the day of the split, Aug 31 - it effectively traded at $2492

Climbed from $1374 to $2492 in 14 trading days. Hmm - wonder if there were any naked shorts who had to scramble?

Last edited:
Nobody knows the true definition. It will always be a mystery. I thought it was 1M in TSLA holding when it fitted me best then I thought it was 1M in TSLA profit in CAD and then 1M in TSLA profit in USD when it fitted. It seems to be an evolving concept lol.

Does this answer the question?

Did I miss anything today??

Have to keep pinching myself and asking why I am still working… congrats TSLA longs! Maybe I’ll get a grad degree from Elon’s TITS university 😂
I’ll stop working when my kids have the age to attend to the TITS U and I’ll go get my degree in mechanical engineering which was my first choice. I got accepted in medschool after 2 interviews, the woman interviewing me didn’t like my answer to her question “So, why medicine?” My answer was “I really don’t wanna get absolutely into medicine, I love engineering so much and astrophysics, the way things are created passionate me so much, but on the other end, studying how things became so complex like the human body is also very interesting.” Finally fell in love with orthopedics because it reunites both. But my degree in engineering is only a matter of time before I pull the trigger. Hope my oldest son will apply in engineering, my 2nd son always says he wants to be an engineer like my wife. That will be the official day I pull the plug on taking calls, start my second life, do some ACL, cuff repairs or joint replacement 2 times a month in the private system instead of seeing 80 patients a day and doing 4 cases a day/evening through that when I’m not call not having time to pee, eat or drinks during the day.

Attachments

• EFE87706-CFF6-4D5B-A11E-FB00DB058727.jpeg
    EFE87706-CFF6-4D5B-A11E-FB00DB058727.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Informative
Reactions: FireMedic
I think it is pretty clear. Elon has said that he is planning to exercise options that expire next year, in August?, and he has to pay taxes on the gains when he exercises them. So you pay taxes upon exercising the option, not upon the granting of them.
Correct, taxes are paid when the options are exercised. I've been granted options, but they have all expired underwater. It's the problem with working for older large corporations. Their stock value never increases, and often reduces substantially.

I'm glad I held onto my shares. Unlike most people here, I plan on exiting when it approaches $2K and then rebuy at $1K.
just copy Gary Black moves, he has a good history at selling in the 900s then Buying back in the 600s. He just sold some position in the 1050s, just watch when he will buy back in the 1500s.

I tried to time the peak and bottoms before and lost 5M doing so in waiving gains during the 2770% run up. Sold at 1250 and was expecting to buy back in the 700s. Finally bought back at 1550 the same number of shares, and had to borrow on margin to get the sa,e number of shares, my worst mistake of all time. However, I realized it, accepted it and acted accordingly.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT. Even now most people in the USA are clueless about EV's. They do not see a reason to understand the whole thing. I bet most are stimulated to learn by commercials such as those done by OEM's and now Hertz.
Until 2 years ago I knew Teslas made expensive electric cars that ran on computer batteries. And I AM smart compared to most Americans. I didn't give a crap about climate change. I still don't because I lived through the absolutely most terrible catastrophic global unstoppable environmental disaster EVER! No one can argue that it had an even better PR department than "Global Warming." Global Warming sounds good.
Now ACID RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACID RAIN! It is raining ACID. It was going to kill the forests. It was already sterilizing trout streams. Paint was dissolving off of cars. The World was ending. And then all they had to do was force Ohio Coal plants to put some scrubbers on their coal plants. And Acid rain was gone. POOF. Gone.
So really "Global Warming" Less harsh Winters, Longer Summers! Yippee.
My point is most don't care about Global Warming. We will have to do is something eventually. no big deal. So no, EV's aren't really the solution to "us." We want to have a better ride. Period.
But the Cyber(nota)truck hooked such a large percentage of the "real" people. So "we" learned things because we liked the cyber(nota)truck, not to save the world.
I'll let you in on something, I still don't care about the future of the Planet. I live my life so not to do any more harm to it, but after I am gone I don't care. I got a shitty planet to live in when I was born, and I expect the next generation will do what they want.
But the truth is EV's are better cars. And that is all that is needed to get us to want and buy them. Unfortunately the truth is not of any value. It is the perception. Somehow the perception of EV's is changing...not to save the world.
And regular people are easily deceived by the business entities of the world. The truth won't sell vehicles when more powerful lies are given center stage.
Almost all the people that have learned to drive a gas car are hardwired to accepting that a car is a petrol-driven necessity. We have closed off trying to add anything to that understanding. "We" have accepted that.
I consider that "youngsters" love Teslas because they have not been indoctrinated to the Petrol Culture. "Us"? Not you, but the common man and me, we quit accepting any other data. And the OEM's and Oil saw the EV Threat and they started lies and FUD. And have been very effective. But now the truth is here. The game has changed. We did not change the game. The OEM's and Oil have decided it is time to tactically withdraw. They have an exit strategy working now.
BTW the eyeball maxpain this morning was $1070 to the lowside and $1090 to the highside, And $1100 being almost impossible. Then again that was before opening.
I raise my kids by teaching them to have the lowest carbon footprint in every decision they take and that is how everyone should try to be reasoning. I try to lead by example and have converted all the gas heating with heat pumps and resistive heating from hydroelectricity. I have converted the gas water tanks, I have converted all the gas cars to EVs. Not because my life will be better, but to show my kids how the planet will be a better place, by changing the way we live. We’ve reduced our cattle meat intake, I feel healthier and perform better in sports. Now I told my kids it will be their generation to create engineering processes for an effective, profitable way to recapture the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and store it in an efficient way. That will be the challenge if their lifetime, to avoid en masse migrations and political unstable countries from worsening droughts in other countries. But they are always being taught about the importance of climate change at school and how they can positively Have an impact on it, some knowledges their grand parents never learned or acknowledged because they would never feel the direct and indirect impacts of climate change, apart from staying inside air conditioned house for the whole months of a July and August this year.

What I like from TSLA, is that you can enjoy the most fun product to drive ever, you can definitely do an impact on climate by funding the company by buying more stock to help them acquire more liquidity when needed, all this while making a profit and having good conscience.

By now there must be a few Teslanaire Flash Gordon’s- those that make/lose 1M on a single day? ;)
Flash Gordan preferred unit is GJs
(Not me)

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and traxila