Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bitcoin is up. I saw a mention that Elon would be selling TSLA and buying BTC.
So the rumor is valid, let's see if it comes true so I can sell a few.

Wow, congrats!
We should make (recommend) a new rule - If anyone here buys a new Tesla, they get to show it here On Topic, complete with pics, options, region, how long waited, story, and amount paid for some realtime data points.
Yeah that's what people are hoping he would do. Higher chance he will buy Tesla with his spare cash

Sorry for the OT - I know some others have received theirs earlier - but I just got my PLAID!!!!
Picked up Friday afternoon - ordered October 1st..
I haven't even had a chance to see what it can do because of crummy weather!
Cheers to the longs!
Also OT, can you command it to do donuts in the rain and snow? (Feature request) I would be all over those roads just decimating my Driving Score. I'm so sick of driving like grandpa as I managed to pull it up from 97 to 98 by Fri but no eMail and probably doesn't matter anymore.

Tear it up for me, have fun, and be safe.

Nearly 3M shares traded in the Pre-market. Dam, Elon can tweet... :p

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated Nov 08, 2021 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on Nov 09, 2021 04:00 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$1157.19 -64.90 (-5.31%)
Pre-Market Volume2,965,839
Pre-Market High$1229.91 (08:58:55 AM)
Pre-Market Low$1130.5 (04:24:08 AM)

TSLA.2021-11-08.09-30.png

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-11-08.09-37.5.png

Little chance Elon's broker(s) hadn't already lined up dark pool sales b4 da poll. ;)
Exactly this

…………then Elon puts a little ice on those pools over the weekend with a Twitter poll. And then while those buyers that are anticipating those shares spend this Monday morning with uncertainty hanging over their heads…..and after a weekend that resulted in GJ going full-tilt on Robert Reich and the Internet exploring possible trading history of US Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon in the wake of the Twitter poll aftermath, Elon puts his pants on one leg at a time and goes to work today. He is The founders-series prototype Tesla Bot in full Dojo-mode, breaking the existing paradigm and rewriting the code everywhere he turns. Keep those spreadsheets coming @The Accountant , they appear to be an integral input for Dojo.

1636382319081.jpeg

Hopefully that's the bottom, I'm no connoisseur, mostly hunches based on input I find here.
@ArtfulDodger gave me that key info needed with the uptick rule and I just cut it in half for 2 tranches. Then I changed it. Thanks buddy!
I got more orders lined up if it dips further :)

Just followed your idea to have the half point also covered. All minor orders compared to HODL position

I was expecting -5% for the day.
The fact it is -5% is compatible with my expectations. I wonder at what low it will trigger buy orders and stock to rally back. First phase, wallstreet sells on uncertainty.
Second phase, Elon sells 0.5% of his stock daily.
Third phase, recovery.

My covered calls I sold at 1325 for 26/11 seems to get safer and safer thanks to Elon for helping greatly

I wouldn't take too much solace in Elon's comments protecting your CC's looking two weeks out!

I hope you were paid a very handsome premium for putting yourself in such a precarious position! Personally, I would find it difficult to sleep.

Did your order actually go through at THAT price?

If so, good for you.

Trying to buy some now, but keep setting too low a limit price--because I'm cheap;-)
I actually had an order in for 1140 (watching premarket pricing), and it filled at 1137.19 right at open. I think I got lucky, but we’ll see. Seems like there is quite a bit of buying pressure still.

I got more orders lined up if it dips further :)

Just followed your idea to have the half point also covered. All minor orders compared to HODL position

Max Pain this morning was at $1,160 and there is also a large "Put wall" at that Strike Price: more than 8k Open Contracts. So, MMs will want to keep the SP above $1,160 if they can because it will save them money.

There's an even bigger "Put Wall" of 20K Open Contracts at the $1,100 Strike, so that SP would be heavily protected by the self-interested MMs.

Its the shortzes and hedgies that want it lower no matter what... :p

Cheers!