Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why on earth are you people discouraging me from trying to help my friends get rich like most of us are? It’s not like I’m manipulating anyone, they just need more information than what they have. And I have suggested all the sources mentioned above. Clearly I know they are great, but there’s quite a time commitment and maybe somebody needs a little bit of information on a simple spreadsheet so they can look at number comparisons to want to give that time commitment to those videos. This is starting to feel like Reddit, Jeez. I didn’t come to convince anyone here or ask for advise, I’ve made my decision. I simply asked for a source.
I think you have completely missed my point ... the time/research commitment is what is required to gain the conviction in TSLA... if you don't gain the conviction you will sell the stock since you will be a weak long ... subject to the regular doses of FUD from MSM
.. if they don't want to do the work , then they will not understand ... i am not trying to discourage anyone ... in fact i suggested a Tesla rental

Sometimes amputation is necessary for the survival of a patient. It could be that best chance of survival is to split the company between EV and legacy.
It is really interesting that now obviously the analogy of the "bad bank principle" of 2007 is resorted to. Currently, we have identified the "bad car manufacturer" that needs the spin-off of its EV division to survive! However, success is not guaranteed! It's really incredibly exciting to watch (as a TSLA investor :))

Last edited:
Anyone else remember the days where an article like this would cause a 5-10% drop?

That guy is a clown who claims to be a $TSLA bull but touts BYD with superior battery tech and builds a better car. He gets called out and then proceeds to block people..I don't believe a word of his BS.
Yup. He blocked for me asking that exact question. He's very young and it's odd that he "runs" a fund anyway.

Anyone else remember the days where an article like this would cause a 5-10% drop?

This is only going to lead to more ppl looking for a payday after the previous ludicrous judgement.

I think I am trying real hard to figure out how I can get a discrimnation law suit against tesla in California after that really fat amount was awarded for the race bs.

Apologies if someone made this point already...

I think the recent GM/POTUS lovefest is actually a trap for legacy OEMs with all this public aggrandizement of Ford/GM etc. and giving them credit for their leadership it makes it harder for them later when they are ... looking for a bailout, not meeting the objectives as a "leader" .. Tesla is like "A" student , they don't need to be pulled along by the govt ...

and we get the bonus narrative of Tesla still an underdog ....
I think we can hope (although it seems unlikely) that the administration is keeping communications open with Elon. And what they're saying is something like "Well, your approach has had years to work and it's accomplished pretty much nothing in getting legacy auto to change their evil ways. So let's try it our way." And their way is what we're seeing. With luck it won't do any worse.

Reactions: UCF3 and Zero CO2
That is strong AF by Ford. It has got to mean they are about to do their own thing...perhaps the "failure" of the Mach-e GT et al was in part due to Rivian's input?
I suspect it means that he's confident enough in the F-150 lightning chassis that he feels like he doesn't need them. It'll probably end up as the basis for all of their electric vans and panel trucks.

Reactions: Andy O
Why on earth are you people discouraging me from trying to help my friends get rich like most of us are? It’s not like I’m manipulating anyone, they just need more information than what they have. And I have suggested all the sources mentioned above. Clearly I know they are great, but there’s quite a time commitment and maybe somebody needs a little bit of information on a simple spreadsheet so they can look at number comparisons to want to give that time commitment to those videos. This is starting to feel like Reddit, Jeez. I didn’t come to convince anyone here or ask for advise, I’ve made my decision. I simply asked for a source.
Back in very early 2013 I convinced my hair cutter, my gardner, and a handful of poor musician friends into buying TSLA at about $35 or $40 pre-split. They all bought $5k or more, and a couple bought about $40k. Every last one of them still have the stock and a couple of them are well over $1 million. They are very happy. I have made many times as much as they, yet I am happier for them than for myself. I really can't think of anything to buy with all this TSLA that I have. I am a minimalist, I hate owning stuff, I hate to fly, I only like to camp on BLM and Forest Service lands which is free anyway.