Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...and FWIW yes, IMHO I think Tesla could be the biggest company in market cap...by 2030.
You think it will be another 8 years or so before Robotaxis are monetized? Once that happens, I think Tesla will easily be the largest market cap.

I don’t think it will take another 8 years. I give it 3-5.

You think it will be another 8 years or so before Robotaxis are monetized? Once that happens, I think Tesla will easily be the largest market cap.

More than 2, LESS than 8 me thinks. I think there is “another” way to do this, but it’s not 8 years out for the current way. but I really think from what I’ve seen with FSD, we’re into 2023 AT LEAST for robotaxis from Tesla.

Reactions: EVCollies

IMHO 3-5 years for Telsa to hit Apple's current Market Cap of $2.648T is realistic, however Apple is not going to stand still waiting for Tesla to catch up. So IMHO Tesla will overtake Apple in 2030 when they both reach a Market Cap of over $10T. This will allow Apple to quadruple in the next eight years which is fair albeit slower expansion based on their most recent history (Apple has more than quadrupled over the last five years).
Disclaiminer: I have no AAPL nor do I plan to purchase AAPL in the next 60 days

IMHO 3-5 years for Telsa to hit Apple's current Market Cap of $2.648T is realistic, however Apple is not going to stand still waiting for Tesla to catch up. So IMHO Tesla will overtake Apple in 2030 when they both reach a Market Cap of over $10T. This will allow Apple to quadruple in the next eight years which is fair albeit slower expansion based on their most recent history (Apple has more than quadrupled over the last five years).
Whew, double and a half in 3-5 years, I think that might be a stretch but I’m putting in a calendar reminder for Jan 2025 (I’ll spot you a. Month or so) to circle back and see where we’re at by then. I’ve already got a $1 bet with a friend that I will be able to have my Tesla drive itself to the airport and pick me up by Jan 2024, and I’ve already re-insured that bet with Alilianz at this point.

On ordering a Tesla Roadster II with rocket boosters I heard that prior to activation of the boosters one might need to get a medical exam due to the high G force.
Not sure when this new vehicle will be made but may want to get medical clearance prior to ordering the boosters. I believe the cost is $250,000 without boosters?

Just a terminology thing here guys, they aren't rocket boosters.

Rocket = A rocket engine uses stored rocket propellants as the reaction mass for forming a high-speed propulsive jet of fluid, usually high-temperature gas

Rocket Booster = something you strap to the side of a vehicle (often with solid fuel, but liquid or solid it's going be burning the fuel)

cold gas thruster = something that uses a gas as the reaction mass without burning it. Could be the air around you stored in a cylinder, doesn't need to be anything exotic.

The roadster will have a SpaceX package with "cold gas thrusters" but it won't have "rocket boosters".

You can bet when it goes up on the Tesla website they will call them SpaceX Thrusters or SpaceX cold thrusters but they won't call them SpaceX Rocket Boosters.

In the picture below the tall tower in the center is the "rocket booster" and the "thrusters" are those little dots spewing gas out the side of the booster.

The SpaceX Thrusters on the Roadster will be subtle, small holes in various places that spew out cold gas, not hot fire.

Last edited:
Whew, double and a half in 3-5 years, I think that might be a stretch but I’m putting in a calendar reminder for Jan 2025 (I’ll spot you a. Month or so) to circle back and see where we’re at by then. I’ve already got a $1 bet with a friend that I will be able to have my Tesla drive itself to the airport and pick me up by Jan 2024, and I’ve already re-insured that bet with Alilianz at this point.
TSLA has gone up almost 30.8X in the last five years, but you think going up another 2.5X in the next five years is a stretch? And I thought I was conservative.

TSLA has gone up almost 30.8X in the last five years, but you think going up another 2.5X in the next five years is a stretch? And I thought I was conservative.
Well, that 30X made up roughly 1 trillion in market cap. 2.5X from here is another 1.5 trillion.

So it's not the same really. Having said that, I think if Tesla executes the way they have been doing this year for the next 8 straight quarter, I do see a market cap of at least 2 trillion if not 2.5 trillion.

Well, that 30X made up roughly 1 trillion in market cap. 2.5X from here is another 1.5 trillion.

So it's not the same really. Having said that, I think if Tesla executes the way they have been doing this year for the next 8 straight quarter, I do see a market cap of at least 2 trillion if not 2.5 trillion.
Well, ARK indicate 3T in 3-4 years, I suspect they may even have sandbagged what they really believe, to avoid the ridicule…

I find those articles quite misleading.

$ shorted tells a complete different story. 20% x 75B at end of 2019 = 15B shorted. 3.3% of 1.1T = 36B shorted. So, total value shorted has actually more than doubled in that time frame. That doesn't sound like capitulation to me.
I guess that depends whether the % shorted is based on market cap or % of float. If based on the latter, then it would have decreased dramatically. If based on the former then your point stands.

Tesla is growing at a much faster rate than Apple currently is, and I think it will continue that way from here on out. My hunch is Tesla passes Apple's market cap much sooner than 2030, I'd agree it happens sometime within the next 3-5 years. Probably closer to 5 years though, 2026 or so. After the Cybertruck, Semi, and "Model 2" are all in volume production.