Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry but this theory of Elon purposely trying to hold the stock down for the sake of future employees continues to be nonsense in my opinion. I don't think he cares one way or the other tbh. The only reason the past 2 months have been wild swings is because Wall St ignored Tesla's progress through much of 2021. The only reason 2020 was wild as it was, was because Wall St pinned the stock down for 5 years in a narrow trading range. Elon's not creating the volatility, Wall St is.

Most of what you're writing isn't applicable today. Did Tesla workers that were there before 2020 become millionaires? Sure.....and the ones that wanted to retire or move on have.

But for all new hires and those that were hired pretty much since second half of 2020, TSLA could be at 1500/share right now and it's not going to even remotely mean retirement. They're all bound by 4 - year RSU vesting anyways which further means there's not going to be a mass exodus of talent from Tesla, regardless of what the stock does this year or next.

This theory really is a non-issue and I'm not sure how it's caught on. MSFT, Apple, and many other companies are at their ATH's and yet they have no issue retaining talent.

Everything Elon has done since the Hertz deal suggests(tweets causing confusion) he does not like the stock shooting up like crazy or going down very fast(check his stock sale plan).

Stock price volatility , not so much ATHs, is a distraction for the employees and the company. Elon also has toned down his end of quarter emails. For example the email leak in 2020 about scaling semi production vs last month when he basically said on twitter the semi deliveries to Pepsi are no big deal.

As for MSFT or Apple how often do they have swings that remove or add 100B in market cap?

I still think running a host of Model 3s with a driver and one passenger in each car is a dumb idea. Automated Trams similar to those at airports will be a better solution. We will see..
Pace of innovation = (Frequency of iterations) * (Progress per iteration)

They needed an initial project for proof of concept, following the Hawthorne test tunnel. Las Vegas Convention Center was the perfect client.

The best available vehicle option for iteration #1 was off-the-shelf Teslas, and that was good enough to make a great system for the LVCC use case and budget. They saved $165 million on construction costs compared to the competing train project proposal, for a better level of service. That can pay for a lot of driver salaries until autonomy begins.

For single person travel in future iterations, I expect small, extremely aerodynamic two-seater vehicles about the size of a Smart ForTwo car. I hope this is mentioned at the upcoming Tesla product roadmap, along with the promised 12-passenger trams.

Did anyone else watch the Limiting Factor video on the BYD blade battery. Jordon reckons the price per KWh might be as low as $65 - compared to $88 for CATL cells.

1641597690467.png

Here's a link:

Last edited:
Personally I find it hard to believe that environmentally conscious Germans want Tesla to throw 2000 working cars on the trash heap. So I believe they can eventually be sold to customers - but not until permits are final.

Some of the cars may be scrapped by Tesla after inspection of course - but at least one of the first 250 has made it all the way to Norway so most of those 2000 cars will be top notch IMHO.

So P&D from Berlin for Q1 will be > 2000 cars. :D
Surely they would aim to make 2,000 cars that could eventually be sold to customers, just like they would on a normal production ramp.

And the success rate would be about the same.

Even if the cars need to go through some rework process, they would eventually be sold,.

I am assuming the crash test results are all good, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the design, in other words what they are making is the same as a regular production ramp.

I don't believe the theory that Tesla intentionally makes 1,000s of cars, that are later discarded.
However, if there is evidence that this is standard industry practice, then I've learned something new.

Time to sell guys. GM will be releasing heavy duty EV trucks in 2035. That's not a typo.

Now, this is getting ridiculous...
It is one thing to make vaporware announcements of vehicles 5 years down the line for which they do not even have an early blueprint, just some vague idea.
But "projecting" product releases 12+ years into the future ?!?
They totally deserve to go bankrupt and NOT get bailed out before the end of this decade.

Surely they would aim to make 2,000 cars that could eventually be sold to customers, just like they would on a normal production ramp.

And the success rate would be about the same.

Even if the cars need to go through some rework process, they would eventually be sold,.

I am assuming the crash test results are all good, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the design, in other words what they are making is the same as a regular production ramp.

I don't believe the theory that Tesla intentionally makes 1,000s of cars, that are later discarded.
However, if there is evidence that this is standard industry practice, then I've learned something new.
Permit specifically says can't sell those 2000 cars

Reactions: navguy12
looking at the drone flyover video, giga Austin is still working on parking lot pavement and roof insulation. The rumor of immediate production this week tuned out to be just rumor. neither Austin nor Berlin would be up running before er in late January.
Tsla was down a lot this week. Other growth stock like roku/sq were down more than 50% from ath. Tsla has better fundamentals and growth. But it’s not immune to macro. Short therm there will be multiple compression going on. Really don’t like those Twitter heads chanting immediate catalysts without solid evidence. Just lure ppl to trade on short term hopium.

Now, this is getting ridiculous...
It is one thing to make vaporware announcements of vehicles 5 years down the line for which they do not even have an early blueprint, just some vague idea.
But "projecting" product releases 12+ years into the future ?!?
They totally deserve to go bankrupt and NOT get bailed out before the end of this decade.
You have to remember the goal here. Mary gets her stock increase bonus, and prepares her golden parachute. This is all about Mary making money and not about a future for GM.

That's what I'm doing because I don't trigger capital gains tax in my retirement accounts, so for basic share HODLing that's in my brokerage account and all options activity in in tax sheltered accounts.
yes tax sheltered account when the net asset is still low. But once the number us significant it doesn't make sense to do options in it. Maybe sell some covered calls.

• Informative
Reactions: capster