Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Nurburgring was used as an F1 track for 25 years. I've watched races at COTA, and an electric production car event would be awesome, imo. They had stock Ferrari 458s race prior to the main event F1 race I watched there.
That has nothing to do with anything now cuz 1976 was the last time it was used in F1. Today the Ring is too unsafe, road conditions are too variable, surface is crap for F1. There's a dense forest that covers the track, like yo want deaths? The last time F1 was held there... lmao almost melted Nikki Lauda's face off.

That has nothing to do with anything now cuz 1976 was the last time it was used in F1. Today the Ring is too unsafe, road conditions are too variable, surface is crap for F1. There's a dense forest that covers the track, like yo want deaths? The last time F1 was held there... lmao almost melted Nikki Lauda's face off.
Nah, the European Grand Prix(F1) was held there most years from '95 to '07. There are multiple circuits at Nurburgring.

The Nurburgring was used as an F1 track for 25 years. I've watched races at COTA, and an electric production car event would be awesome, imo. They had stock Ferrari 458s race prior to the main event F1 race I watched there.
F1 was very different then to what it is now (as in the Nordschleife). You can't compare COTA to that. And yes it is possible to race production cars on F1 circuits of course, but no unmodified Tesla would last more than a few laps without the brakes and battery overheating and that includes the MS Plaid.
Anyway, I feel we are going too far OT and will get grrrrrrr'd soon.
Those 'stock' 458s wouldn't have been 'stock' anyway. They're Challenge cars which are closer to a race car than a road car and weren't even road legal. They were built just for those races.

Last edited:
Is the generalization true that such organizations may have corrupt members, but in the case of many major unions it’s the bosses not the rank and file that have been corrupt? Teamsters, UAW, etc.

So, you're saying it's only the highest-ranking people in the UAW, etc, those who run the union, form policies, handle the money and develop budgets and make the big executive decisions that are corrupt?

Oh, OK. Whew! I thought the whole organization was corrupt. Thanks for putting that to rest!

TL: DR: "Tesla became the world's best-selling EV brand in 2021 with a 14.4% market share. The manufacturer's sales were so strong that the nearest competitor fell behind by almost a half."

"In fact, no other EV manufacturer even came close to Tesla last year. The closest competitor of the Texas-based manufacturer is BYD, which sold 593,878 electric vehicles, according to data released by CleanTechnica."

TL: DR: "Tesla became the world's best-selling EV brand in 2021 with a 14.4% market share. The manufacturer's sales were so strong that the nearest competitor fell behind by almost a half."

"In fact, no other EV manufacturer even came close to Tesla last year. The closest competitor of the Texas-based manufacturer is BYD, which sold 593,878 electric vehicles, according to data released by CleanTechnica."
Even those numbers can be understated when we put the BYD sales into context of vehicle price. BYD's are at the bottom of the scale and Tesla nearer the top end. Point is, it's a lot harder to sell in volume when your sales price is three times that of BYD.

This is the way. :cool:

@Jack6591 - have you been moonlighting?!?
;)

1644431693852.png

Would you extend that same reasoning to other labor organizations? Say the American Bar Association and the American Medical Association?

The AMA is NOT a labor organization. Not in any shape, form or fashion. It's a political association essentially, that uses the bulk of their funds for lobbying politicians. There are no unions for physicians.

Neighbor is an attorney, and she states the Bar is more of an "enforcement" organization, like the state medical board for physicians. Also, not a labor union.

Adamas have just put out their 2021 battery production report

Interestingly they seem to have taken the decision to release their own graphics in more detail. Maybe I won't have to do it again myself this year :)
1644433116713.png

286GWh delivered onto roads. 2021 up 113% on 2020. Tesla first with >21% used in 3/Y.