Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who else (besides Murphy) gets excited whenever someone publicly announces they are shorting TSLA?

🚀🌛

A lot of folks are misunderstanding this story sadly, and kind of understandably given Einhorns previous horrible record.

In this case though what happened is a 13F became public showing his firm bought 1000 TSLA puts in Q4 2021.

We don't know the specifics- not the strikes, or expirations, or premiums paid- but given TSLA has been down quite a bit since then it's quite possible they made a nice profit on this trade.

The press doesn't help either as many of em just report the "notional" # of shares the puts represent and the market value of said shares, which is about 99.98% useless for figuring out anything worthwhile about the trade.

I just convinced myself that it did not, devoid of any other facts. The other theory is that he's endowed a future Texas Institute of Technology. Let's see how these would read in today's news.

Story 1. UN World Food Program - Noble, but doesn't help Tesla grow faster. This is a safer story.
Story 2. Texas Institute of Technology - Elon shortcuts Universities to hire the best talent. This could affect the stock and growth.

Since nobody knows, they are directing the narrative away from Tesla. Again, with no other facts known, why did the media choose the Food Program?

Probably so when it turns out not to be the Food Program, they can say that Elon continues to break his promises (even though he didn't).

Don't forget that the early prototype Tesla Roadsters had a two-speed transaxle. I don't remember if it was a manual transmission or automatic. But I got a ride in one and they had locked it out because it didn't work. Of course they abandoned it for the production cars. (That prototype was also very loud and VERY uncomfortable.)

I'm not a stock trader. I sold some of my shares way back when I thought they were overpriced (and of course regretted it), but kept most, and have just sat on them since. But the drop from almost $1,200 almost down to $850, and now about $900, has been hard to watch. I need to stop looking at it but it's hard. Especially since, like art, I have no way at all of knowing what it should be worth. The price seems to be based on the market's assessment of future potential, rather than current numbers. And the market can be very fickle.
Hmmm. You write, "I have no way at all of knowing what it should be worth."

I have a hard time understanding that sentiment and can only conclude you have yet to watch any of SMR or Rob Mauer's hundreds of YT videos; see "Solving the Money Problem" and "Tesla Daily Podcast."

May I please be blunt? You need to get smarter on TSLA and Tesla STAT as your lack of knowledge has likely cost you dearly, and will do so again, as you "sold some of my shares way back when . . . " .

Wayback machine time.

This certainly is Tesla-related; if you use it to demonstrate to non-owners this specific metric then you can, at a stretch, call it TSLA-related, too -

HERE is what we carried in the Model S in a single trip, plus driver & passenger. Note especially the two cases of diesel engine oil and 5-gallons of diesel….

Eighty-mile trip, too.

Attachments

• 97F19589-26EE-4C9B-913F-8346D4BE1FE9.jpeg
    97F19589-26EE-4C9B-913F-8346D4BE1FE9.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 96
Probably so when it turns out not to be the Food Program, they can say that Elon continues to break his promises (even though he didn't).
The breakdown of how funds would be spent (in theory on the food program) had some hefty overhead for executing the system. Plus, I don't think a one time investment could end hunger really without some Jack and the Beanstalk solution. And I believe it was allocating the funds when in fact it should hoard the stock and spend only as needed.

I believe it was @Artful Dodger who introduced the concept of an endowment for Texas Institute. I'm sticking with that solution, (and sparing you my Education beliefs, strong ties, and experience in Technical Trade Schools).

Hmmm. You write, "I have no way at all of knowing what it should be worth."

I have a hard time understanding that sentiment and can only conclude you have yet to watch any of SMR or Rob Mauer's hundreds of YT videos; see "Solving the Money Problem" and "Tesla Daily Podcast."

May I please be blunt? You need to get smarter on TSLA and Tesla STAT as your lack of knowledge has likely cost you dearly, and will do so again, as you "sold some of my shares way back when . . . " .
I recall Daniel is VERY comfortably retired, living in HI. I endeavor to be as smart as Daniel so I don't feel compelled to follow Tesla during every waking moment.

Daniel, my apologies for speaking for you.

Surprisingly balanced article from Barron's / Al Root.
I find myself looking forward to articles by that author, Al Root. My own observation is that his articles are well balanced, informative, and if there are mistakes in knowledge they don't also appear to be intentional and/or twisted to make as big of a mountain out of the mole hill as possible.

I don't always agree but I've never left an article I knew was written by him thinking he was something other than an honest journalist.

I find myself looking forward to articles by that author, Al Root. My own observation is that his articles are well balanced, informative, and if there are mistakes in knowledge they don't also appear to be intentional and/or twisted to make as big of a mountain out of the mole hill as possible.

I don't always agree but I've never left an article I knew was written by him thinking he was something other than an honest journalist.

It’s hard for me to believe that an honest and intelligent journalist, in the course of trying to investigate the company‘s ongoings and the bull and bear communities for perspective, doesn’t come around to be a fan (or shareholder) themselves. Seems like you‘d need to be biased toward one of many disrupted industries or just a pretty sad, aggrieved person not to.

Fisker Begins Taking Orders for Its New EV. The PEAR Starts Below $30,000.​

The PEAR can be reserved on the company’s website for $250. Fisker plans to make 250,000 PEAR vehicles a year, beginning in 2024 at a plant in Ohio.

🍐
That would be a great match for my pear MacBook

• Funny
Reactions: Khamul