Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exercise
He holds more shares now (and a higher percentage) than he did before.
Overal I think it would be more shares and lower IWF resulting in a small decrease in float adjusted value.
Considering TSLA's weight in the SP 500 is calculated by SP x active float, it was the sale that released more shares into the float, which increased TSLA's weight in the index, regardless of the purpose of the proceeds. The stock price is a corrective mechanism that changes TSLA's weight in the index on a day-to-day basis. For today, SP 500 rebalancing is the main driver.

Yeah and only 19.75% up off the week's low.
..."I may not always borrow on my margin account (in fact, this is my first time!), but when I do, I was lucky" I couldn't let that low SP go unanswered! I'm up 17% in 4 days. I kinda feel bad for the person who sold them to me - impatience unrewarded!

1647636878381.png

I have a sell limit order for 35 of those 50 shares in at $1,098.50, so I'll gain ~15 shares for 'free' (okay, a few % of interest) if and when that happens. I'd say by Q3 - but who knows?

1647637195765.png

MMD = MANDATORY Morning Dip

More than 6 years ago I brought the terms "MMD" and "capping" into regular use within this forum. Here's a link to my using that term in April, 2016. I was mostly ridiculed for suggesting that short-selling could have such a profound effect upon the stock price. How things have changed! Mandatory morning dip was originally used at a time when you could count on a dip between 9am and 10:30am no matter what the macros were doing. Thus "mandatory". Since the dip often happens right at market open, "Mid Morning Dip" is not accurate.

Congrats my friends on a breakout week for our TSLA holdings!

Last edited:
So what are you going to do about it, Salty Guy? ;)

I came upon a bird hunter while hiking the Scottish Highlands and asked him if he was having any luck. He looked haggard and frustrated when he told me he wasn't giving up until he had bagged a Firebird. Knowing there was no such thing, I wished him well and quickly moved on.
I think ya kan buy a pint of Firebird in Invurness!

MMD = MANDATORY Morning Dip

More than 6 years ago I brought the terms "MMD" and "capping" into regular use within this forum. Here's a link to my using that term in April, 2016. I was mostly ridiculed for suggesting that short-sellers could have such a profound effect upon the stock price. How things have changed! Mandatory morning dip was originally used at a time when you could count on a dip between 9am and 10:30am no matter what the macros were doing. Thus "mandatory". Since the dip often happens right at market open, "Mid Morning Dip" is not accurate.

Congrats my friends on a breakout week for our TSLA holdings!
Thanks for all you input and wisdom throughout all these years!!

Thanks for all you input and wisdom throughout all these years!!
You are most welcome! One of the byproducts of spending hours each day explaining what I saw going on with TSLA stock was that my conviction about TSLA solidified stronger than ever. I ended up making boatloads of money along with the rest of TSLA investors who hung in there all those years. Looking back over my shoulder I have seldom given selflessly without being rewarded abundantly, it's been quite a life lesson.

I learned how getting greedy with option plays could devastate your capital back in the days of the troublesome Model X ramp. I was sorry to see some of the long-timers such as Neroden disappear (over Tesla service, of all things!). I shared an extra ticket to a Tesla event with him, got to meet him, and appreciated his contributions to the forum at the time.

Now it's great to see new useful voices in the forum. What a ride it has been!

I think ya kan buy a pint of Firebird in Invurness!
I might just do the poor 'Merican version of that here at home later... to express my happiness for the weekend... in consideration of our futures, and all that.

...and especially in appreciation of so many here, many long-missed, many currently, and the likewise smarter-than-me folks (almost everyone here) who are just turning up. instilling me with incredible wisdom.

Last edited:
I'm going to watch closely for signs that China is aiding Russia, I presume a tit for tat agreement of Russia/Ukraine and China/Taiwan. It could lead to a *real* fight between China and the 'West'. Even hints of it will roil the markets.

I don't see anything else that could derail Tesla.
There's absolutely nothing to gain from China helping the Russians. The Chinese doesn't even like the Russians as workers from China are treated poorly due to discrimination in Russia. They always thought of themselves as superior people. Xi is just looking for profits while maintaining an understanding between all parties. There's also not much to gain for the Russians to stop fighting so peace is also not in Xi's best interest. It's pretty sweet now that they can buy oil in Yuan instead of dollars at a discount.

Best course of action, do a whole lot of nothing and keep watching Putin shooting himself in the foot.