Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is no one paying attention earnings and growth? What has changed?

tsla-earnings-png.783985

If two more dots follow that progression over the next 4 months, this will be the most undervalued company in the history of flame throwers!

They will.
The people buying since last week are the same people dumping the week before. Short term, it's all a game to them. The people who buy TSLA for its execution have been averaging all the way down, myself included.

Last edited:
Groan. This phrase needs to be abolished. Eventually there will be legitimate competition. But nothing or no one will take out Tesla as a major player.

Last edited:
Well, Giga Berlin actually finally delivering cars tomorrow (and every day from now on) certainly might have something to do with TSLA performing strong today. 🤔
This is no longer new news. The market has been pricing it in for 2 weeks now IIRC. Maybe there are some people buying here on FOMO but history has shown these paper handers won't last.

Tomorrow is an important milestone for Tesla the company. I've never been more bullish. That's why I'm forcing myself to stay cognizant of the tricks being pulled everyday so that I can maximize my short term gains and buy more shares.

Respectfully disagree. The original post suggested that Starlink would/could be used at every cell tower for backup. Let’s start with the basics:

• There is amount of bandwidth available per user. That varies by type of signal. 3G is being phased out. Today it is 4G and 4G LTE, and 5G for which there are also variants. Bandwidth per user can vary across those from a few Mb to Gb(s) per user
  • Each tower can have multiple radios and sectors which serve many users
  • Cell towers back-haul their traffic to a carrier’s main network to deliver the call to wherever you are calling. That is typically many G of data
500Mb is not nearly enough back-up for many towers. You need enough bandwidth to back-up all the users for that tower. Net net, the original post implied that Starlink could have a market opportunity as backup for every cell tower. I don’t think so.

I did a quick google search on it just to check myself - see quora What is the data carrying capacity of a cell tower? We see data throughput to an enduser device, such as a phone or wireless broadband do...
Actually Starlink (+ solar + battery) has a massive opportunity to economically provide backhaul to cell towers in thinly populated rural locations with difficult terrain where terrestrial backhaul is just way too expensive. I can see jurisdictions around the world eventually mandating carriers to use Starlink to fill these coverage gaps around the edges of their networks such as we have dotted around New Zealand. It's worth noting that New Zealand is a long skinny mid-latitude country, and is extra lucky with Starlink capacity that is designed for much wider northern hemisphere coverage areas.

This is no longer new news. The market has been pricing it in for 2 weeks now IIRC. Maybe there are some people buying here on FOMO but history has shown these paper handers won't last.

Tomorrow is an important milestone for Tesla the company. I've never been more bullish. That's why I'm forcing myself to stay cognizant of the tricks being pulled everyday so that I can maximize my short term gains and buy more shares.
Nobody buying or selling here moves the SP one penny.....well maybe @Krugerrand, but that's it.

This is about hedge funds, big banks, mutual funds/ETFs, options market, and market makers shorting. This stock shoots up when that massive shitshow of an equation gets too far out of balance.

My thesis is that one or two more dots on that chart pushes it way out of balance. Not that is matters, as mentioned plenty of times upthread.

Model X killer confirmed :)

1647888160822.png

We've already seen a concept of what an electric G-Wagen would look like, and it seemed nearly production-ready. If you need more proof that the idea is real for the skeptics, Mercedes has finally confirmed the new, all-electric Mercedes-Benz EQG is slated for sale in 2024. The confirmation comes from the very top: Mercedes-Benz Chairman Ola Kallenius.

Nobody buying or selling here moves the SP one penny.....well maybe @Krugerrand, but that's it.

This is about hedge funds, big banks, mutual funds/ETFs, options market, and market makers shorting. This stock shoots up when that massive shitshow of an equation gets too far out of balance.

My thesis is that one or two more dots on that chart pushes it way out of balance. Not that is matters, as mentioned plenty of times upthread.
It's all a big concerted effort to jack the market up. TSLA went from very bullish relative to the market prior to the war, to bearish on par after Putin attacked, then super bullish as soon as FOMC ended. This is not a coincidence. Ask yourself: how many times have we told ourselves that big money has finally figured it out, that this trend bucking move is real, or that Wall Street is finally on our side, only to find out it was just an illusion?

In fact, I predicted the turn around 3 weeks ago here.

I'd like to present another view:

Next week is quad witch and max pain on SPY is 443. This means that the amount of puts ITM is much, much larger than the amount of calls ITM. If FOMC is dovish, put holders will trample on each other for the exit, which leads to a squeeze on the entire market. Then we'll see a retracement as call holders take their profit. The general direction afterward for the market will be up. TSLA can easily run 100 points if SPY goes up to 443.

If FOMC turns out to be hawkish, we'll see a bloodbath, followed by a dead cat bounce and the general direction afterward will be down, aka a prolonged bear market.

I've been tracking the performance of SPY during quad witch weeks. Without fails, it has always hit its max pain at some point during the week. What also important is whether the Friday marks a turning point for the market or serves as a continuation of the current trend. Since the end of the COVID crash, every quad witch Friday has been a day for traders to roll their existing positions to new positions, meaning the market dropped but then came roaring back the week after. There's only one exception and it was the January LEAP OpEx. The market dropped way past its max pain (SPY 460) and never was able to reclaim it. That was a sign of trend reversal. This coming quad witch day is super important. It scenario 1 plays out, I have no doubt SPY can overshoot 443 and signal a new bull run. If scenario 2 plays out, we go much deeper from here as the market will perceive hawkishness as a trigger for an economic recession.

Last edited:
Batter plant in Turkey. No. That’s not my typo.

That's correct, as it later goes on to point out - "batter" for "batter-electric vehicles"
Must be a secret sauce Ford has developed and kept secret, until now. Quite an exclusive by thestreet.com. :rolleyes:

I think it's kinda silly to compare a car delivery with picking up a Phone. How about compare it to ya know......buying a car from a car dealership. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have Tesla's car delivery subpar service verses sitting in a car dealership for 4 hours as they try every attempt to upcharge/price gouge me.

Mods can delete this post if they want, I won't bother responding if someone quotes this. It's just silly to compare car delivery to picking up the new Iphone.
But...some are really improving. Volvo, for example, in several countries has set fix commissions with MFR doing OTA updates, and doing some customer service directly. A number of others are doing similar efforts, with highly variable success. My XC 40 Recharge buying experience was superior to my Model S Plaid experience, the two made within a couple of months apart. Tesla definitely needs improvement.

My Plaid handover was easy, I suppose, because I explained to my delivery guy how the shifter worked and showed him how to place the various RFID devices so they'd work.

My Volvo delivery guy showed em how everything worked, explaining everything to my spouse separately while paperwork was executed.

No haggling in either case, but the Volvo people and my sales guy all contacted me to ask if I had any questions, problems or issues they could resolve.

Tesla never responded to my only issue, unimportant enough that I ignored it because my detailer fixed it during New Car Prep.

Finally if I could take delivery on a Tesla, any Tesla, tomorrow in Rio de Janeiro my Volvo would vanish immediately.
So, there is that.