Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trailing 12 month revenue comes in at $62.1B.
Here are corresponding Price to sales ratios and share prices:

Price to sales ratioshare price

We have recently traded in this 15-25 price to sales ratio range. With improving margins and strong indications of future growth I Co tinue to like an average price to sales valuation of 20 on trailing 12 month revenue.

All the other manufacturers EV advertisements during Super Bowl sold some cars.

1650486621318.png

Tesla cars

With results like this, I really don't care what the share price does tomorrow (because there is no way I would sell now for less than $2K/share). The share price simply doesn't matter - it might be behind reality for years to come.

Haven't you ever read Hemmingway? When you've hooked a whopper, you don't lament how long it's going to take to reel him in, you are just pleased you have a whopper on your line and you do everything in your power to not let him get away before you can get him to port! It's not about getting him quickly, it's about playing him out so as to be sure he doesn't get away.
I agree with you 1000%...reports like this make me giddy like when you had your first crush on someone...and to think this is only the beginning.

Tesla has bought down their debt again? Very interesting. Would be good to know why they have been so aggressive with this.

"Our total debt excluding vehicle and energy product financing fell to less than $0.1B at the end of Q1."
In preparation to buy Twitter of course!!

/s

While this is certainly a beat, I'm curious to see how the market actually reacts. As in tomorrow, when the SP drops because everyone thought a beat should have taken it up. We've all been down this road before. I'm happy they beat as a miss could have resulted in a precipitous Netflix drop, but I'm not convinced the Market is going to respond the way most think it should.
No doubt the less liquid extended market can look different. Gonna have to see how the earnings call goes. Tesla says factory production is limited by supply chain issues so that concern ain't going away for now. We'll see how long Tesla can ride the gravy train of increasing prices and cherry picking builds based on upgrade options.

• Informative
Reactions: aGreenGuy