Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay slightly off topic, while I know that the CyberTruck will have a form of crab steering, does anyone think that it might also have a form of tank steering (ala Rivian)? It would be cool if the wheels on one side went one way and the wheels on the other side went the other. I don't know the practical application for that (except maybe on TV and in movies) but it would be cool. Maybe as an option on the higher end CT's.

This makes me a little verklempt... text among yourselves, which is more popular, the Ford F-150 Lightning (which has 200k reservations or the Tesla CyberTruck (which has over 1 million reservations)?

Just speculating but if they require some parts from China which are held up because of the ongoing lockdowns even outside of Shanghai it might cause delays.
Still it doesn’t change Tesla’s position from a business standpoint. Tesla doesn’t suddenly go bankrupt, they don’t suddenly need a capital raise, they don’t suddenly stop making industry leading margins, they don’t suddenly stop expanding and growing etc…. All the things that the TSLA SP is supposed to be based upon.

Okay slightly off topic, while I know that the CyberTruck will have a form of crab steering, does anyone think that it might also have a form of tank steering (ala Rivian)? It would be cool if the wheels on one side went one way and the wheels on the other side went the other. I don't know the practical application for that (except maybe on TV and in movies) but it would be cool. Maybe as an option on the higher end CT's.

This makes me a little verklempt... text among yourselves, which is more popular, the Ford F-150 Lightning (which has 200k reservations or the Tesla CyberTruck (which has over 1 million reservations)?
Quad motor Cybertruck could do a tank turn.

Somewhat OT, but today is a very macro-important day for TSLA investors. So this is somewhat relevant when trying to figure out where things are going.

You have to give some credit to the Federal Reserve for poking this market just enough to tip it into this mild capitulation. Cramer just yesterday was complaining that "this isn't enough pain" to get things where they need to be. Didn't watch today, but I assume he's changed his tune.

Inflation is peaking and the Fed didn't even have to take drastic action. This trainwreck of a week should reset things nicely and move us into the next buying phase.

I think earnings-less growth gets absolutely crushed, and the rest of big tech is allowed to move forward and unwind some of this spring coiling. We all know TSLA is undervalued, but does GOOG really need to open trading tomorrow with a PE of 19? Is Uber even worth $60B?

The sooner we get this market bottomed the better. Let the fundamental analysis begin so these clowns can start doing the math we've been doing for 5 quarters.

Ugly day, yes. Maybe tomorrow also, who knows. Nothing material has changed. My guess is TSLA is being played by the many who haven’t understood what they’re about to do. When in doubt, zoom out. HODL.View attachment 797830

There's no way that chart is 2 AU across and it can't be 2 ångström either, 2 Annum?.

Somewhat OT, but today is a very macro-important day for TSLA investors. So this is somewhat relevant when trying to figure out where things are going.

You have to give some credit to the Federal Reserve for poking this market just enough to tip it into this mild capitulation. Cramer just yesterday was complaining that "this isn't enough pain" to get things where they need to be. Didn't watch today, but I assume he's changed his tune.

Inflation is peaking and the Fed didn't even have to take drastic action. This trainwreck of a week should reset things nicely and move us into the next buying phase.

I think earnings-less growth gets absolutely crushed, and the rest of big tech is allowed to move forward and unwind some of this spring coiling. We all know TSLA is undervalued, but does GOOG really need to open trading tomorrow with a PE of 19? Is Uber even worth $60B?

The sooner we get this market bottomed the better. Let the fundamental analysis begin so these clowns can start doing the math we've been doing for 5 quarters.
Hard to see the FED continuing to raise aggressively through the end of the year if this continues for sure. I have always been in the camp that the FED will not get to do what it wants. This market looks to be on life support and they have not even properly begun QT, much less raising interest rates. The market has done a good job of frontrunning, demand destruction has been here for a while.

Could see TSLA at 700 very soon, and the way stocks are being punished... not sure where to call bottom.

I know I am usually a contrarian indicator, but don't feel so hot today. All I can say is glad my use of margin is limited. There is one account however I let myself get a little overextended on. Hope it does not detonate.

GOOG really does not help and I am afraid AMZN will follow with even worse earnings so the macros are definitely hungry right now.

Today TSLA plunged beneath both its 50 and 200-day SMAs (simple moving averages). Not good. My weekly TSLA covered calls collapsed to nearly worthless today (meaning I'll likely keep the full premium), so I wrote more calls expiring next week a little early. Capital gains tax rules dissuade me from selling any more shares this year than the few I already have. In any event, I still expect Tesla to continue proving its profitability and industry dominance, then for my shares to move significantly higher once the macro worries dissipate.

And with that, Tesla has now permanently surpassed GM on quarterly earnings.

Astonishing. Near 90% growth and higher earnings than GM.
Lots of good info in the earnings deck, but also lots missing...here's the one graph to rule them all

Screenshot 2022-04-26 2.34.39 PM.png

We all know TSLA is undervalued, but does GOOG really need to open trading tomorrow with a PE of 19? Is Uber even worth $60B?
So, this question does seem relevant to TSLA. What's the right PE for GOOG? They are both still growing, but doesn't today's results indicate deceleration in GOOG growth? What's the right PE for GOOG and TSLA? They are both growing, but on different time lines along the proverbial "S curve". This market seems to be compressing PE expectations, so I'm a little confused where to predict us on this chart!