Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've changed my mind, Fed is definitely raising by 100 bps at the next meeting... market is going nuts for it (over 80% up from less than 20 yesterday chance priced in and we know the Fed is listening) and 'all things are on the table' after it accelerated.

I'm going contrarian. This Fed has shown they are behind the curve. 75bps is the "safe" play for them, and that's what I expect they will do. WS won't be happy, and stocks will trend down for a day or two, then level off.

• Helpful
Reactions: kcveins and traxila
can someone tell me that rule that makes it so us novice idiots can't sort of day trade. I am considering what I did last Thursday and this Monday.
Selling today and buying in when it goes back down to $700. ( YEs picking up more pennies in front of a steam roller.) Can I sell today and buy back tomorrow after doing the same thing thursday and last monday?

EDIT The distribution of Puts and calls seems to have below $700 for Friday's aim

there isn't exactly "a" rule preventing day trading.

There's several that can get you into trouble using unsettled funds though, and certain special rules for PDT...here's a few examples of such rules/violations:

But what you're describing isn't even day trading (so no PDT concern), since you're selling TODAY and buying TOMORROW, which are different days- might still have fund settlement violations depending on timing and how much other $ you have though.

For anyone that cares, here is a map of US railways:

Lawrence KS --> Topeka KS --> Wichita KA --> straight through Oklahoma --> Ft Worth, TX --> Waco, TX --> Austin, TX
~700 miles, or less than one day for a loaded train

Freight on that should be dirt cheap, compared using trucks.

Imagine telling a younger version of yourself that you would hit middle age and enjoy studying railroad maps for optimizing battery transport.

Imagine telling a younger version of yourself that you would hit middle age and enjoy studying railroad maps for optimizing battery transport.

I really wish Panasonic would have just gone all-in and built the dang plant within 50 miles of GF Austin . . . but perhaps they know something we don't, like the likely location of a future GF and they want to supply to both easily.

More likely, however, they got some sweet tax breaks to put it where it is going.

Just went to the local IKEA outside of Copenhagen. Sitting in my Model S in the enormous parking lot with windows open after a stressful visit inside the Swedish furniture madness.

A mom and her daughter searching for their car is passing me. The mom: “If just we had a fancy app connected car so it would be easier to find it…”

Demand is still there FYI 😎

Looking forward to the day when the Tesla can go park itself and pick me up at the exit. So close!

I really wish Panasonic would have just gone all-in and built the dang plant within 50 miles of GF Austin . . . but perhaps they know something we don't, like the likely location of a future GF and they want to supply to both easily.

More likely, however, they got some sweet tax breaks to put it where it is going.
Austin is getting crowded and expensive. If you don't need the software talent, KC is a great pick that isn't so far away. Although for that matter there is more tech talent in KC than most would think.

For Electrify America, it might be construed as going against their court order if they offered Tesla plugs. I seem to remember that the order specifically was for CCS and Chademo.
I'd be willing to bet that there would be no major objections (they could get the order modified) to replace Chademo with Tesla.

All the old school leaf owners can replace the chademo port with a CCS or just not fast charge (quite a few Leafs don't have the Chademo port, any one that does could be upgraded to CCS aftermarket or is range limited enough the owner wouldn't care).

I'd be willing to bet that there would be no major objections (they could get the order modified) to replace Chademo with Tesla.
EA is already dropping CHAdeMO in new installs, but California won't let them, so they are still putting one CHAdeMO in new CA installs.

I'm pretty sure that there would be no problem with adding Tesla cables/connectors to stalls. (i.e. instead of 2 CCS connectors on a cabinet have 1 CCS and one Tesla.) Shoot they wouldn't even have to change any software in the unit, it would just work for any CCS enabled Tesla. (Which could be a little confusing for people.)

Best quote of this article:

"If you're a public figure it's probably better to be edgy," Reed said. "Like, eh, whatever, the CEO of Ford, who cares?"

I wonder if someone from TMC was interviewed.

images

Non-Tesla companies and their dollars created the standard so that Tesla's wouldn't become the standard. CHAdeMO was Japanese, and I suspect that was the best their engineers could do.
They all messed up because Tesla is actually the standard by any definition of the word. (ok, corrected -... in America)
using an adapter to charge a Tesla should not be necessary.
CHAdeMO in CA is pointless. I'll happily give my big ass adapter back if they'd just drop the plug option (only bought it to test our CA tax funded stations)

Last edited: