Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not at present going to ban a certain blathering blowhard, but if other participants do not refrain from baiting him with their own assessments of his activities, I may have to do that - and at the same time at the very least delete your posts for running afoul of rudeness to others.

Like, how many times does a body have to be wrong before a stopped clock (in the middle of an intersection or elsewhere) beats him?

Strange conclusion IMO…

Tesla lawyers argued Autopilot was not designed for city traffic, according to Der Spiegel, to which the court said it was not feasible for drivers to switch the feature on and off manually in different settings as it would distract from driving.

Is this a new standard?

I've been participating in the fully paid lending program for about a year now. They've lent out lots of highly speculative things in my account, but never once did anyone borrow a single share of TSLA. I don't think there's a lot of demand to short it right now.
100% TSLA .. in this particular account .. so may be moot point thanks for the feedback

Strange conclusion IMO…

Tesla lawyers argued Autopilot was not designed for city traffic, according to Der Spiegel, to which the court said it was not feasible for drivers to switch the feature on and off manually in different settings as it would distract from driving.

Is this a new standard?

So this . . . person (censoring myself) . . . gets basically their ENTIRE car for free because the software doesn't do something it was not advertised to ever do (we are talking Autopilot . . . not FSD).

I hope that Elon is beefing up the European legal team as well and appeals this judgement. Bad precedent that cannot be allowed to stand.

(If this lands on your 720 prediction, I might have some follow up questions...)

But seriously, is this dip bc of Karpathy leaving or just poking at Q2 earnings fear? What am I missing? The market is up.
China concerns as others have mentioned. There's also Manchin not supporting green budget initiatives, which tanked solar stocks (ENPH uptick rule in place) and could have some overflow. However it's more than likely Market Makers keeping a lid on things (for now) for Friday Options expiration - anything $700-$730 will dobut definately under $750.

So this . . . person (censoring myself) . . . gets basically their ENTIRE car for free because the software doesn't do something it was not advertised to ever do (we are talking Autopilot . . . not FSD).

I hope that Elon is beefing up the European legal team as well and appeals this judgement. Bad precedent that cannot be allowed to stand.
I would assume Tesla is buying the car back.

(If this lands on your 720 prediction, I might have some follow up questions...)

But seriously, is this dip bc of Karpathy leaving or just poking at Q2 earnings fear? What am I missing? The market is up.
Looks like other EV stocks are down even more, e.g. LCID -3.5%, RIVN -1% and also ENPH (solar tech) -3.3%, so it maybe some kind rotation out of green tech ?

They should reimburse the full price while taking away the car, i.e. full refund and cancel the sale and put the person on the black list, so Tesla never sells them another car in the future.

was looking into lending my TSLA shares in TD Ameritrade account in their (Fully Paid Lending Income Program) ... trying to understand the risks ... in particular the red text below
sounds like there is a > 0% chance I could lose my TSLA shares ... any help understanding risk here is appreciated .. in my mind the possibility of losing accumulated shares is not worth the income 🤷‍♂️

Important considerations​

It’s important to note that there are risks of Fully Paid Lending Income
  • Typical Investment Risk: All inherent investment risks apply and share performance is subject to market fluctuation.
  • SIPC: The SIPC doesn’t cover shares on loans, which are secured by 102% collateral provided by TD Ameritrade and held at a third party bank. You can withdraw on this collateral in the unlikely event of a default in which TD Ameritrade does not return borrowed securities.
  • Tax Implications: After you lend out a dividend-paying security, you’ll receive cash-in-lieu of your regular dividend payment. It’s important to remember that dividend income is taxed at a different rate.
  • Waived Voting Rights: Your shares will be lent out and you will temporarily forfeit your voting rights to the borrower. However, if you’d like to reclaim them before the record date, it’s easy to regain your voting privileges.
  • Market Dictates Demand: Whether or not your securities are borrowed depends on their volume and lending market demand. Interest rates and demand will vary by security over time

I wouldn't lend my TSLA shares on a matter of principle, especially not right now in TSLA's trajectory.

Money is simply not that important!

Looks like other EV stocks are down even more, e.g. LCID -3.5%, RIVN -1% and also ENPH (solar tech) -3.3%, so it maybe some kind rotation out of green tech ?

Possibly related to the recent news Manchin came out a firm no on anything climate related- likely killing any anticipated green incentives beyond the little that was in the previous infrastructure bill?

Strange conclusion IMO…

Tesla lawyers argued Autopilot was not designed for city traffic, according to Der Spiegel, to which the court said it was not feasible for drivers to switch the feature on and offers manually in different settings as it would distract from driving.

Is this a new standard?
Did Tesla lawyers ask the court how infeasible it is for all cars built in the last 40-50 years to switch in and out of cruise control?

I've been participating in the fully paid lending program for about a year now. They've lent out lots of highly speculative things in my account, but never once did anyone borrow a single share of TSLA. I don't think there's a lot of demand to short it right now.

I presume you can select which shares you own participate in the lending program?

If there is no demand for shares right now, the last thing you want to do is make them available to help market makers or other manipulators out of a bind when they finally need to borrow them. It's not worth it to only lend them out once in a blue moon when they really need them.

Unless you are proud to help out the enemy or so greedy you don't care. And I will note that I am not against normal shorting of a stock. Key word is "normal".

Strange conclusion IMO…

Is this a new standard?
As BMW drivers are known to be unable to properly operate indicators, it might be a correct assessment of a significant portion of the local driver population... :p

I thought BMW's didn't come with turn indicators, are you saying they actually do? 🤔
It's actually not a joke that the familiar BMW quick click for 3 blinks on turn indicator is an option that costs extra. Base included option is just blink on full actuation.

Since it's just something that's programmed in software, Teslas have always had this by default but now you know where they got the idea from!

Reactions: UCF3