Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to remind you that the miles on FSD are almost certainly not representative of all the miles driven on average. There is a bias that you will turn it on when you feel it will perform well (as you should with a beta software). Let´s not make this mistake even if Elon has been repeating this reasoning for years.
I tend to turn it on for longer trips. My quick run to Starbucks and back each morning I dont use it. Not that it doesnt work, but more I have to pay extra attention when on FSD.

Hey, I can’t listen in. You guys aren’t telling me anything!
Yeah, we're pretty quiet. Honestly, Elon and co. aren't saying anything surprising or new to TMC. Positive vibes on 4680 production (in tandem with vendors), positive vibes on production constraints, Elon: "entrepreneurs, please get into lithium refining - it's a license to print money", Elon: "our prices are, frankly, at embarrassing levels, so hopefully we can bring down", crossed fingers on force majeure events...

Last edited:
down the lithium refining rabbit hole....

Elon should have stayed in Greece vacationing at Mykonos island *

This stuff goes over the head of financial analysts and makes them think Tesla is in trouble

* ps: Elon just explained, he is on the call if there are problems / bad news, if all good he will not be on the call
Ergo: having him on the call is bad news ;)

Last edited:
Hey, I can’t listen in. You guys aren’t telling me anything!
Here's a few points. 2170 supply is ample for remainder of the year, 4680 not required until next year.
4680 is so new - being cautious in not pushing the technology at first. Silicone or other additives will come with confidence to fully realize capability.

This was in response to a question (from Pierre I believe) asking if the 4680's are meeting some of the goals presented on Battery Day. The answer was quite vague, I'm thinking this is how they address the potential for the Osborn Effect and why they don't contain silicone. It simply can't be too good at first.