Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First selecting the 3 red circled settings, then bookmark the URL will provide all of Elon's tweets with the latest on top, along with other tweets I found useful. I used to simply go to see the latest Elon's tweets including replies, but this is my new preference.

View attachment 839059

Edit: Also helpful for me since I drop following frequently. But if you follow a large number of them, then using Elon's twitter page --> Latest --> posts&replies might work for you.
Just a quick tip for everyone who wants to follow Elon's Twitter activity without any effort:

1. Follow this Twitter account (bot)

2. Set notifications on

You'll get a notification from every tweet and like made by Elon.

So I just added all the form 4's up for Elon's sale last Friday. Here's the summary:

Shares sold: 7,924,107
Total Sale Proceeds: $19,562,349,656 $6,886,743,995

That seems a little excessive unless all of his funding from other investors for twitter have fallen out. I expect a significant amount of that to go back into TSLA even if he does end up buying Twitter as I'm betting he hasn't lost every side investor he had lined up.

Edit: stupid error on my part. Corrected total proceeds.

Last edited:
So I just added all the form 4's up for Elon's sale last Friday. Here's the summary:

Total Sale Proceeds: $19,562,349,656

That seems a little excessive unless all of his funding from other investors for twitter have fallen out. I expect a significant amount of that to go back into TSLA even if he does end up buying Twitter as I'm betting he hasn't lost every side investor he had lined up.
The backers falling out will be the narrative though... unlikely but we will have to hear it until it closes.

Reactions: saniflash
Another reason to hope the Twitter deal falls through. Maybe some of you can finally realize this was not 3D chess by Elon, he put himself in a position of being forced to sell TSLA again because of the Twitter mess.
The deal isn’t falling through. The best we can hope is EM negotiates a lower price for Twitter and therefore he has extra cash laying around and buys more TSLA.

Because, in the investor meeting (an official Tesla event) he said "Think of it as a buying opportunity", and then sold...
I suggest looking at the entire question/ response, not just a sound bite: [uh/um changed to punctuation for readability]

Question : "Hi. So i do actually have a question; but one thing that I want to okay to ask is like people ask you all the questions, what do you think people miss and should be excited way more about and what do you think people are threatened way too much about and shouldn't be worried at all? "

Response:
Yeah that's actually that's a good point. You know, I think actually the questions and ideas posed by retail investors, like small retail investors, like I think many of you in the audience are actually the most insightful; and, it's, I find it, remarkable that you know essentially amateur, or like normal, everyday people actually understand Tesla better than the analysts. I mean how much you must see this as like that's like and, I mean, I think like you know to really say like, 'well like what's what's the what's the point of a company' Is the point of a company is to create useful products and services, you know? A company is not it should not exist in and of itself. It exists it's it's a group of people gathered together to make products and services and, if those products and services are great, it's a valuable and useful company and if they're not, it's not. And so, really, to understand a company you must use its products, and if you think the products are great then it's well the company is great. That's it, that that's how it is and so I think ironically a lot of the people people that sort of professional analysts don't drive teslas. So like well okay you know maybe you should. Yeah cool I mean I mean we aim to make Tesla the most amount of fun you can have in a car you know so so yeah so let's see.

I think sometimes people fret a bit too much about short-term things that which are clearly just, you know, just bumps in the road type of thing, where there might be a supplier shortage or you know some shut down in some part of the world, but but really those things are you know are clearly just kind of one-off items that don't really matter for the long-term. The the sort of the you know the the trend, if you like looking at the sort of cumulative output and cumulative miles driven, and you can see that cumulative output is a very clean exponential. And it's so you know so i guess sometimes people fret a little bit too much about this quarter or that quarter; but, you know, if you're a shareholder, a company is really like the net present value of future cash flows and so what is a you know one quarter is not really a big deal. I think, if you see people panicking, then instead of you're saying oh man my stock's gone down, it's a buying opportunity. "

All in line with previous volatility and random person of the corner shouting what your house is worth.

Taxes anybody?
Hope he does not have to sell more in the future
to pay for long term capital gains.

When did he start this round of selling?

It's not about Kool Aid, it's about past performance and track records, and Elon does have a history of making great business decisions which do not seem great at the time he makes them.

And, in my opinion, your post was a tad condescending if I'm being honest.
I’m with JRP3. Time for EM to become Chief Product Officer and hand over CEO to someone who will maximize the stock price.

The deal isn’t falling through. The best we can hope is EM negotiates a lower price for Twitter and therefore he has extra cash laying around and buys more TSLA.
I don't believe it's ever been confirmed that the Semi is using 4680 and in fact, I seem to remember, there have been comments from Tesla that make it seem like it will actually be 2170's

??

What we have Up and Down now?
I thought I only had to worry about team Cats & Dogs ;)
same person, but bi-polar :) :)

And TSLA straight back to underperforming it's beta 😅

The reality is it's going to take till Oct for the stink of Elon and his Twitter mess to come off the stock and even then, I think the stock trades well before it's fair value for a while now.
Elon is selling! 😂

The morning is still finding footing. Too early to say how it will go today. Once the sales are 'done,' Tesla has typically responded positively. We know the reason for an underperformance now, but does it regress back to the normal is the question. It has in the past, but the past isn't always how it will go in the future.

• Helpful
Reactions: ZsoZso