Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If true that means we are decades away from above Level 3 driving. Roads are not going to be redesigned anytime soon. FSD needs to be able to solve existing situations at least as well as humans can.
Maybe so. Or at least humans will have to be ok with routes that arent as efficient and the navigation systems to be smart enough to not take the route that FSD wont take the risks that us stupid humans take. It is stupid on high speed roads to exit on the left then cut across 4 lanes of traffic aggressively to then exit on the right. I sometimes dont think we will have true autonomous driving until cars can talk to each other and then negotiate traffic. Then we wouldnt really even need traffic signals except for pedestrians.

ALERT: Busted Growth Story :)

IMO this is the whole problem with the new requirements. FEELS like the folks that made up these requirements never driven/own an EV and/or never been on an EV road trip with a Tesla. Its like taking two steps forward and then a step back. Charging tapers and timing of arrivals makes these requirement cost more than it needs to be. Boy this feels like a government run business requirements.
I see it as trying to future proof the network. There are already cars shipping that can maintain a ~150kW charge rate for more than a half hour. And it is going to become more common. Also, starting with only 4 stalls per site, they are more likely to all be in use at a given time.

But yes, I think it would work out better to use the same amount of power spread over more stalls. (Obviously Tesla thinks allocating ~90kW per stall is about right, but that is for Tesla vehicles. Other vehicles with larger batteries might demand a higher per stall allocation; Hummer; F-150 Lightning; Rivian; Lucid; etc.)

TSLA holding up very well in a big bowl of red today on index level.

Bullish.

F7E57D66-D4FB-4308-9F38-D735E1BF2B48.gif

Looks like a major expansion in FSD Beta group incoming. Hold on to your butts. Personally, I won't get worried about risks too much until it's at the point where it's almost good enough to completely drive by itself.
View attachment 852803

If recent posts on Reddit are to be believed, the average Safety Score is an 85. So this would be the first time Tesla is including below-average drivers in FSD Beta. Indicates to me they're confident in the safety of the system.

We’ll see how it holds up throughout today with the macros tanking again. So day this week it’s shown the ability to maintain strength throughout the day. Feels like today will be a real test though (and for the macros as well).
For today, it sure looks to me like the TSLA options market IS the macro. This is the precise amount of market-wide downward pressure that keeps TSLA $300c within shouting distance for tomorrow's close.

Loving that oil futures are tanking with this "macro down" day. And that NASDAQ is sitting -1.4% while we're in the green. This feels to me like MM's expending a lot of energy to keep TSLA down, and we'll see the SP snap higher when they cover next week.

Volume is trailing off though, so hopefully some big buy orders pop up every time we're pushed down toward $302.

I’m a four alarm idiot. I’m scraping couch cushions to purchase more TSLA after the 10.69.2 update. I’ve talked to some of you privately about it.

It’s not robotaxi level. It’s worth $20k right now, though.

Is it the occupancy network? What’s going on here. I’m shocked and I’m going to keep writing “shocked” and other such terms to family, friends, and those of you who are unfortunate enough to have to read what I write.

I didn’t expect this so soon.
I have the FSD Beta in my Model 3. My experience is such that FSD is a ‘must have’ capability even as it stands today—I would not buy a car without it. I believe I am vastly safer with it.

It’s not perfect but I’ve a sense now of where it is good and where it is not so good. I don’t feel like I need to do all that many interventions though sometimes I take over when an intervention is not demanded.

I recently did a few hours driving each in a very nice ICE vehicle and a couple of Model X’s without FSD and, boy, did I miss having it.

$15k is a fair price today in my estimation. And, yes, I’d pay $20k if I were buying a Tesla today especially considering where the technology will be when the car would be delivered—not to mention where it will go over the life of the vehicle.