Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friends, we have just barely scratched the surface of Tesla's potential market. Let that SINK in.

Lol! Tesla needs a Marketing Department! :p

Elon.Let that Sink In.jpg

But why buy the cow when you can milk it through the fence? ;)

Cheers!

IIRC Elon had once laughed about the competition someone mentioned, and asked back, ”have you driven the car?”
To be fair, BYD cars have improved a lot since then.

But the argument that people will pay more for a Tesla is correct.

The argument that other Chinese EV, makers have lower production costs than Tesla in China is hypothetical. Mostly they are selling lower priced, and lower spec models, on thinner margins,

But stack those Chinese EVs up against an ICE car, on price, specs and margins they are not far away.

Well fund managers Gary is talking about needs to practice more risk management because they have clients to answer to who doesn't know a lick about Tesla or any business they have investments in. All they see is "okay so in this Q half of my money is gone...why?". This is why they like to avoid companies with potential black swan events tied to the well being of one person.

Meaning they prefer to go for companies with useless CEOs, like Mary Barra...

Meaning they prefer to go for companies with useless CEOs, like Mary Barra...
You may not like GM but the last 3 months have been tough for a lot of companies. Whoever is managing GM has squeezed by with a slight gain as I look at share price performance as of yesterday’s close.

I am shocked they have managed as well as they have but the share price is the share Price. Doubt it can continue but they may continue to surprise.

Now is not a good time since Elon still has one tranche remaining to vest from his 2018 CEO compensation plan. Elon must remain either CEO or Executive Chairman + Chief Product Architect for that tranche to vest. Paging @mongo

Do you think he wants to Chair the Board again, or is Robyn Denholm doing a good job? No matter, after the 2022 10-K drops in late January, Elon's last tranche will have vested, and he's free to move on from the CEO duties. I personally hope for and expect the new CEO will be current CFO Zachary Kirkhorn.
You must not have read what I wrote.

I did not and am not suggesting he leave the CEO position. Not at all. I hope he stays as long as he wishes. I’m just suggesting he appoint a successor as a contingency plan if the unthinkable happens, and let that successor have a little more public leadership role to demonstrate to conservative institutions that Tesla runs just fine without Elon in the weeds on a day-to-day basis.

Interesting twitter thread about the reduction of gas usage in Germany:
Households are currently using 41% less gas than the average of the last few years, while the industry uses 24% less.
It's crazy hot in here. I live in Paris, my windows are open 24/7 and I'm walking in shorts and t-shirts these days. I may go sunbathing in a park, in boxer this afternoon. We're almost in November. This is not fine.

To be fair, BYD cars have improved a lot since then.

But the argument that people will pay more for a Tesla is correct.

The argument that other Chinese EV, makers have lower production costs than Tesla in China is hypothetical. Mostly they are selling lower priced, and lower spec models, on thinner margins,

But stack those Chinese EVs up against an ICE car, on price, specs and margins they are not far away.
What gets little coverage is that the cars from there are based on ICE platforms, predominantly. They are also using mobileye. So on both things that matter, they are not leading.

You must not have read what I wrote.

I did not and am not suggesting he leave the CEO position. Not at all. I hope he stays as long as he wishes. I’m just suggesting he appoint a successor as a contingency plan if the unthinkable happens, and let that successor have a little more public leadership role to demonstrate to conservative institutions that Tesla runs just fine without Elon in the weeds on a day-to-day basis.

Tesla, Inc. is not a kingdom, and Elon is not King. The Board of Director's nominates the CEO, and the shareholders of the company vote to approve or disapprove the appointment. Elon could no more "appoint a successor" than the President of the United States can appoint theirs. Its NOT THE PLACE of the CEO to appoint a sucessor.

This is just more Wall St. B.S. justification for an excuse to bash the share price (while they're grabbing retail shares). They have an endless supply of false narratives. When the last one ('overhang') has run its course, they roll out the next one ('succession'). Then they replay the oldies ('demand', 'safety', 'exec turnover', ad nauseam). Then its 'Telsa needs a Marketing Dept'. Brother.

Want to know when they're lying? When they want something from you. Its chronic on Wall St.

Now is not a good time since Elon still has one tranche remaining to vest from his 2018 CEO compensation plan. Elon must remain either CEO or Executive Chairman + Chief Product Architect for that tranche to vest. Paging @mongo
Yup: Proxy Statement
Employment Requirement for Continued Vesting. Mr. Musk must continue to lead Tesla’s management at the time each milestone is met in order for the corresponding tranche to vest under the CEO Performance Award. Specifically, he must be serving as either Tesla’s Chief Executive Officer or, alternatively, as both its Executive Chairman and Chief Product Officer, in which case any other Chief Executive Officer would be reporting directly to him.
Note: the 3 year blockage of Elon as Chairman has expired.
Note: the ruling that forced his stepping down as Chairman came just under 4 months after a vote to remove him as Chairman was defeated by shareholders.

Tesla, Inc. is not a kingdom, and Elon is not King. The Board of Director's nominates the CEO, and the shareholders of the company vote to approve or disapprove the appointment. Elon could no more "appoint a successor" than the President of the United States can appoint theirs. Its NOT THE PLACE of the CEO to appoint a sucessor.

This is just more Wall St. B.S. justification for an excuse to bash the share price (while they're grabbing retail shares). They have an endless supply of false narratives. When the last one ('overhang') has run its course, they roll out the next one ('succession'). Then they replay the oldies ('demand', 'safety', 'exec turnover', ad nauseam). Then its 'Telsa needs a Marketing Dept'. Brother.

Want to know when they're lying? When they want something from you. Its chronic on Wall St.
Are you intentionally being pedantic and argumentative for sport? It’s condescending.

Not saying this is a formal thing. Obviously.

Take a look at how Steve Jobs groomed Steve Cook. Same idea.

Edit: I’ll be more formal: the board should appoint a COO who should take a more active role in day-to-day operations.

Last edited:
Main purpose of purchasing TWTR is to divert FUD from TSLA.
24 hours into this but working brilliantly so far. EU warning Elon on free speech is just the start.

Problem will occur when (or if) they realise that they can't control a private Twitter and aim their sights back on TSLA in spite (with twice the venom).