Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, how long do you expect to live?
Lol. Turning 67 in just a few more weeks.
Question is, how long will I hold on to this car? With the steady advancements, there may be tantalizing improvements that I would choose to upgrade to, and pass on this car to a family member. I would order a Model 2 for my girlfriend and a CyberVan, both on the day of their announcements, so this isn't my last Tesla.
$2400/yr for FSD, vs 66 shares of TSLA bought today is the calculation. It doesn't really make sense to lock up $12K now, I keep telling myself.

While some may believe that the outperformance by TSLA to the market in the the premarket today to the downside has to do with a website, I am fairly certain it has to do with the latest COVID scare in China. TSLA has been continuously hammered by the COVID scares, shutdown fears and weak economy in China. I do not see that that the SP ever bounces back from these incessant China hits the past couple of months.

Yet again this morning we are presented with the specter of a possible shut down in China and specifically in the Tesla Shanghai factory. This will be because of the extreme current zero Covid policy that China continues to follow.

I was greeted this past week with my 90 year old Mom going down with sudden weakness in her legs and inability to walk for no reason I could discern. We go off to the 911 races to rule out another stroke or a DVT, and I am presented at the hospital with a positive COVID PCR for her. Detective work revealed that it must have been one of her aides the previous week that had passed on the accursed virus.

Six days into the sickness, my mom seems to be fine. I figured out that her lack of mobility had to do with the sudden and extreme body aches so prevalent in the latest variants (My mom’s communication skills are lacking…). I was exposed to her for a solid 12 hours, the first few of which I had no clue she was positive. So was my SO. Five days later we show no symptoms and are testing negative. Perhaps there is something to be said for vaccinations and previous infection granting some immunity.

My point here is that China is engaged in political madness. Their end game with the zero COVID had better come soon, because even the patient and peaceful Chinese people are reaching the end of their patience, it is wrecking their already weak economy, and I am apprehensive where the unrest that may break out would eventually lead.

I think we forget just how much the market is trying to discount the huge uncertainties in China, as it is regarded as Tesla’s most important market, and it is indeed a very easy target for FUD.

Forgive me if this is a repost. Just popped up on Tweetbot.

Musk says next month they take the Safety Score gate off of FSD. FSD for all (But it’ll cost you $14k)

View attachment 876664
Quite nervous about this decision. Not sure if FSD beta is ready for primetime for all owners who bought FSD.

I am worried about the haters and the Dan O Clowns and the lying media

Last edited:
While some may believe that the outperformance by TSLA to the market in the the premarket today to the downside has to do with a website, I am fairly certain it has to do with the latest COVID scare in China.
I'm seeing a lot of negative headlines for Tesla including "recalls", a crash and trial in Korea, the "bird", etc., but China isn't one of them so I think it's likely a combination of piling on as much garbage as they can.

I'm seeing a lot of negative headlines for Tesla including "recalls", a crash and trial in Korea, the "bird", etc., but China isn't one of them so I think it's likely a combination of piling on as much garbage as they can.
I believe it's EV stocks mostly, they all took a dump at the open:

Screenshot 2022-11-21 071217.png

Macros working against TSLA, of course. However, there are some very large (10,000 plus shares each) sell orders that have been keeping TSLA below $174. Either MMs playing their games or "someone" is selling today.
Elon's not selling. We've had multiple days since the last time he sold where hedge funds are deliberately trying to make it look like he is.

Not sure how much impact this is having but james Stephenson's latest projections show 420k del and $1.12 non gaap eps (he does show taking the tax deferral), both of which are below consensus. Hate to think what that would do for sentiment
YEah, I'm worried Tesla has another massive record Q4, but the SP takes another hit because it "missed estimates..."

Not sure how much impact this is having but james Stephenson's latest projections show 420k del and $1.12 non gaap eps (he does show taking the tax deferral), both of which are below consensus. Hate to think what that would do for sentiment
Link to the twitter post that shows this? I don't have the time to sift through all of Jame's slides

TSLA at $171.94 is getting pretty ridiculous. There seems to be some sort of algorithm to short or sell shares continuously every day since Nov 1 (when TSLA was at ~$233). This is troubling and frustrating. I've been holding all my shares since 2012 but sadly am thinking about selling at least some shares to get in again at a lower price ($140'sh level?) in the future. This price action has been crushing. Thoughts?