Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has not helped over the past ~2 years with his sales of shares

A little PTSD there? Elon's very first sale was 1 year and 2 weeks ago. :p

Hint: Elon's not killing the SP; the shortzes, multiple covid shutdowns, a war, an energy crisis and a recession are causing large market players to revalue growth / tech.

But it's the shortzes. :p

On broad FSD release, prepare for this mentally as mistakes will be made, then amplified. Unless Tesla does something amazing with V11, there could be a sizable change in the types of driving mistakes made as they shift from humans to machine (or to both as a combination of actions). However, I don't know their plan or additional safeguards they put in place, so it's just a hunch at best.

My hope is that all the people who bought FSD actually understand the capability and weaknesses. That they all quickly learn to engage or disengage at appropriate times (at first anyway), and they are intensely aware of the road surroundings at all the right times. It does seem as thought Tesla is watching/alerting more quickly at higher risk situations which is ideal - the car seems to know when it's higher risk and alerts drivers in a timely fashion.

As reluctant as this all sounds, if I were to pick a quarter to release FSD then I'd still pick this one while earnings are strong. There's no good time to release FSD, just a better time. Continued delay of the release pushes out the usability date for existing battery supply (Machine Utilization or MU applies to the Mission directly). The transition will happen and a lot of people will never accept it, even if it costs more money to have the human present or to drive themselves. So folks will likely have a choice with different pricing.

It's another Pioneers vs Settlers moment. Pioneers thrive in a state of change - it's what we do and thoroughly enjoy. Bring it on, but brace yourselves.
I have to admit that wide release of FSD in the form of what's currently running on my Tesla is worrisome. Feels like we've had enough black (at least brown😉) swan events lately that giving the haters and FUD spinners this gift seems like bad timing. Maybe the thought is that the stock is so low already....how much worse could it get??? Is this capitulation?

I was just wondering where all the Tesla buyers are? Pretty quiet out there, I just put in a put order for 300 but I'm an investor:)
I just bought 600 shares, the first time I have ever bought common equity. Normally I buy DITM options, but I’m waiting for a clear turnaround in sentiment before buying more options.

But I couldn’t resist buying a few chairs at $170. I’ve always been a sucker for Thanksgiving holiday sales.

I have to admit that wide release of FSD in the form of what's currently running on my Tesla is worrisome. Feels like we've had enough black (at least brown😉) swan events lately that giving the haters and FUD spinners this gift seems like bad timing. Maybe the thought is that the stock is so low already....how much worse could it get??? Is this capitulation?
I've considered that myself many times.

The real dangers are usually at high speeds etc. so city streets shouldn't add too much chaos. I'm hoping they fixed the issue where the car doesn't slow down until after a speed limit change though, that could cause problems with school zones etc. It's also more difficult to abuse FSD than Autopilot. Cautiously optimistic.

Retail never had the power , “they” just made them believe they do. The game is rigged. Like Artful said, just watch how everything will turn when they are satisfied and positioned to ride the upside.

This is probably true.

Ah well, I'm all in and have been for years now, I'm just along for the ride, both good and bad. :cool:

TSLA at $171.94 is getting pretty ridiculous. There seems to be some sort of algorithm to short or sell shares continuously every day since Nov 1 (when TSLA was at ~$233). This is troubling and frustrating. I've been holding all my shares since 2012 but sadly am thinking about selling at least some shares to get in again at a lower price ($140'sh level?) in the future. This price action has been crushing. Thoughts?
Usually when this thoughts come in, we are near bottom. You held on for a decade and the share price is getting to you finally. We need more people like you to get real bottom.

I just bought 600 shares, the first time I have ever bought common equity. Normally I buy DITM options, but I’m waiting for a clear turnaround in sentiment before buying more options.

But I couldn’t resist buying a few chairs at $170. I’ve always been a sucker for Thanksgiving holiday sales.
I'm with you there. I could not swing 600 chairs, but for the first time in an e(l?)on I put in a small "buy ladder".
Could no longer ignore the blowout deal!
There, did my part for Q4 SP.

H O D L

A little PTSD there? Elon's very first sale was 1 year and 2 weeks ago. :p

Hint: Elon's not killing the SP; the shortzes, multiple covid shutdowns, a war, an energy crisis and a recession are causing large market players to revalue growth / tech.

But it's the shortzes. :p

Chicken or Egg?
What causes the manipulators to sense weakness, so that they are brave enough to conduct their monkey business :)
Actions should not just be counted based on shares sold, but also on the amount of FUD that it can create.
(+This is key piece that all them charts etc showing SP/Elon sell dates, relation is missing)

In the Serengeti, Hyenas don't attack Lions without a reason ;)

Last edited:
Sentiment is market wide, not just TSLA.
one set of CPI/PPI did not a trend make .... so I guess we need another set of data points for Nov.

For TSLA, there is one extra ingredient :)
I’m really surprised that the favorable CPI/PPI numbers didn’t set off a sustained rally. The initial jump in the NASDAQ is all being clawed back. TSLA is very unlikely to turnaround until the NASDAQ does.

But, but, but, ... Madoff is dead, how can Madoff Rule?

I'd too like to see changes in how this foolishness perpetuates the pseudo-crime wave officially protected by the SEC.
It has been interesting to see the different response to Bernie and FTX. This tweet was on Elon’s Twitter page, and was posted 3 days ago. I would agree with others that this has created more uncertainty in the market than China Covid, etc.

1669049844841.png

Last edited:
I’m really surprised that the favorable CPI/PPI numbers didn’t set off a sustained rally. The initial jump in the NASDAQ is all being clawed back. TSLA is very unlikely to turnaround until the NASDAQ does.
Between Powell's insistence that they would rather tighten too far and then ease up (sorry about all that pain Main Street!) than to not go far enough, plus folks like Bullard saying we need to be at 7% has people doubting the FED pivot.

If I’m understanding correctly, James Stephenson’s delivery forecast is just referring to Troy Teslike’s estimate but rounded up to 420k for the memes. I can’t find James’s production estimates but he does have a bar chart showing tens of thousands of vehicles added to inventory in Q4 as Troy does, although James says it’s due to expectations of more major wave unwinding in Q4 whereas Troy mainly attributes the expectation to demand in China.