Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upcoming Economic Data on this morning's Agenda:

THURSDAY, DEC. 1Type:Period:Expected:Previous:
8:30 amInitial jobless claimsNov. 26235,000240,000
8:30 amContinuing jobless claimsNov. 19--1.55 million
8:30 amPCE price indexOct.--0.3%
8:30 amCore PCE price indexOct.0.3%0.5%
8:30 amPCE price index (year-on-year)Oct.--6.2%
8:30 amCore PCE price index (year-on-year)Oct.5.0%5.1%
8:30 amReal disposable incomeOct.--0.0%
8:30 amReal consumer spendingOct.--0.3%

GLTA! :D

Tom Swift's fictional campus in New Mexico was 4 square miles. Set in the present, 100 yrs later, Giga Texas is currently 2,100 acres (3.1 sq.mi).

Elon is constantly adding new facilities to his Texas empire (SpaceX + Boring Company ~ 12mi East of Giga Texas, plus a Neuralink facitlity between the two). Can Twitter's "2nd HQ" be far behind? (I expect that one to be West of Giga Texas)

Imma let you do the math.... ;)

Cheers to the Longs!
God, I had all those books. Let's see,

"Elon Musk and his Rocket Ship”
"Elon Musk and his Giant Robot"
"Elon Musk and his Atomic Earth Blaster"
”Elon Musk in the Race to the Moon"

Yep, checking through the list.

edit: I guess a combination of the flying Roadster and the aquatic Cybertruck would qualify for:

"Elon Musk and his Triphibian Atomicar"

Last edited:
God, I had all those books. Let's see,

"Elon Musk and his Rocket Ship”
"Elon Musk and his Giant Robot"
"Elon Musk and his Atomic Earth Blaster"
”Elon Musk in the Race to the Moon"

Yep, checking through the list.

edit: I guess a combination of the flying Roadster and the aquatic Cybertruck would qualify for:

"Elon Musk and his Triphibian Atomicar"

Lol, full disclosure: last year I read "Tom Swift and his Electric Runabout". Full text found on the Guttenberg Project. ;)

Tom_Swift_and_His_Electric_Runabout_%28book_cover%29.jpg

Spoiler: Tom's Runabout has nickel-based battery cells which recharge in half the time, and 400-miles of range. Not too bad for 1910... ;)

Cheers to all the O.G. SWIFTIES!

Upcoming Economic Data on this morning's Agenda:

THURSDAY, DEC. 1Type:Period:Expected:Previous:
8:30 amInitial jobless claimsNov. 26235,000240,000
8:30 amContinuing jobless claimsNov. 19--1.55 million
8:30 amPCE price indexOct.--0.3%
8:30 amCore PCE price indexOct.0.3%0.5%
8:30 amPCE price index (year-on-year)Oct.--6.2%
8:30 amCore PCE price index (year-on-year)Oct.5.0%5.1%
8:30 amReal disposable incomeOct.--0.0%
8:30 amReal consumer spendingOct.--0.3%

GLTA! :D

1669901594326.png

looks good from an inflation POV? Markets reacting nicely

Autonomous vehicles have been right around the corner every single year since the mid 2010s and some of us have been following it very closely for that time, but it would be great to receive some insight from a person who understands how exponential growth applies to FSD's development.

Feel free to elaborate
In the appropriate thread...

Exponential growth seems like magic. But the magic only becomes real if you can explain what is growing exponentially.
In no particular order;

Time
Freedom
Mobility

Those have significant value. Indeed, can anyone even quantify the value with a number?

Anyway, that’s your exponential growth the moment FSD is realized.

I don't think the difficulty is in understanding exponential growth per se. The problem lies in identifying the growth function as it relates to autonomy.

My personal opinion is that FSD is starting to show signs of utility, which is bullish for the stock. But I can't quantify that utility and I can't express the function of its growth.

Exponential growth seems like magic. But the magic only becomes real if you can explain what is growing exponentially.

It's hard for humans to conceptualize exponentials sure, but we can have a rough idea. The problem is knowing WHERE on the graph we are and I don't think anyone knows that. If the X axis is years, are we are 1? 2? 4? For those who are sure we are at 4 or 5, wouldn't you be knee deep in OTM options? I'm not betting on where we are on the graph myself. :)

1669907010079.png

Agree that FSD is getting close to actually being useful. From my testing we need 1 more update as sizable as 10.69.2 to make it generally a helpful product like early autopilot was.