Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the speed they drove at in their 500 mile Fremont to San Diego drive?
Mostly 55 by the looks of things.
1669945597200.png

EDIT: Seems like some of it is higher as well:
1669945652775.png

He said they were posting a video of the whole trip in real time without any jump cuts. 500 miles in 8 hours averages to 62.5 MPH but trip included mandatory brake check I believe and also a bathroom break so actual drive time was less.

To answer my own question, the video at the end showed the driver cruising at 55 mph. No doubt some faster and some slower speeds depending on traffic. I thought I heard the person beside Elon on stage (who was he, anyone know?) say something like 82 kph, which would be average 51 mph, which is about right for that distance in the time they took. I guess I could do a distance/time calculation taking into account the 1/2 hour break...

I know it was light on details, but days like today remind me why I have no concern being fully invested in this company. Be it Semi trucks, Energy storage, FSD, Robotaxis, or just really profitable cars, there are so many ways this company can grow massively from here. Even with the macro uncertainty, T-word noise, I sleep easy not as easy as I would if I had no margin though

To answer my own question, the video at the end showed the driver cruising at 55 mph. No doubt some faster and some slower speeds depending on traffic. I thought I heard the person beside Elon on stage (who was he, anyone know?) say something like 82 kph, which would be average 51 mph, which is about right for that distance in the time they took. I guess I could do a distance/time calculation taking into account the 1/2 hour break...

I had no idea about speed limit for trucks in Cali:

truck speeds.PNG