Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mostly agree. Especially on present company performance. But that can change and his “antics” as you call them can affect that. Regardless, from an investors point of view which is what this thread is about, his “antics” have hurt the investment.

IMHO.

IMHO, your opinion is appreciated, now you may goto these forum to discuss the thing matters to you, just IMHO, it’s all good. Stay healthy all. 👍

Elon & Twitter​

Elon Musk​

This seems true. Certainly for me. Doesn't matter what I thought/think of Elons behavior personally. But I used to be certain that if something happened to Elon the stock price would dive. A lot. Fast. So I had already decided if this happened I would sell immediately so I could buy back in a few days/weeks later. Not wait and think about it some more. Immediate sell.

Now I've decided I probably won't. I suspect enough 'investors' would now probably see Elon gone as a positive so the risk for falling stock price is a lot less and it's possible it would be a positive for the stock price at least in the short span.

Again, this is based on how I think 'others' will act. Not personal believes about what Elon does or don't.

Is this certain? Of course not, but the odds have changed.

This is borne out by recent facts - a day on which we saw a headline speculating that Tesla might have appointed a “global CEO” saw Tesla drop by about ~3%.

Reactions: Drumheller
Friday Ndq down .7% TSLA up 3%.
Today ndq up .4% TSLA down 4.5%.
So net. TSLA down 1.5% while ndq down .3%

Really not outside our beta or my expectations. Just another one of those days. Hopefully macros turn a corner soon.

As @Papafox has noted; Friday is a monthly option expiration and max pain is $190…so there is my understanding of the astrology involved in the mechanics of TSLA for this week.

Don’t panic?

Really not outside our beta or my expectations. Just another one of those days. Hopefully macros turn a corner soon.

As @Papafox has noted; Friday is a monthly option expiration and max pain is $190…so there is my understanding of the astrology involved in the mechanics of TSLA for this week.

Don’t panic?
In other words, buy now and sell close to $190 on Friday? My kid's college fund is riding on this advice!!

Don’t panic?
More interesting part is the volume. Stock is down more than it was up on Friday and yet volume today is trending to 60-70% of the volume on Friday.

Today is all about bears/shorts pushing the stock back in hope that the CPI print comes in hot and the Fed shows no signs of slowing down.......they're banking on the low of 166 not holding in that scenario.

Options are all over the place. What a mess.

1670868372941.png

FUD Focus is 170 so it seems, but a long way to Fri.

1670868506579.png

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Market can't really be wrong because stock price is simply a point where buyers and sellers meet. However, it's a bit odd that the stock is taking hit for Musk tweets once again. There is nothing new, the same controversies once again. To me it seems obvious that buyers and sellers don't care about Musk tweets in 12.12 after record deliveries and earnings which are right around the corner.

Expecting quick recovery in a matter of weeks.

Market can't really be wrong because stock price is simply a point where buyers and sellers meet. However, it's a bit odd that the stock is taking hit for Musk tweets once again. There is nothing new, the same controversies once again. To me it seems obvious that buyers and sellers don't care about Musk tweets in 12.12 after record deliveries and earnings which are right around the corner.

Expecting quick recovery in a matter of weeks.
This is an excellent point. The market is always right. The question is where will it be in the future? Nobody knows...if we did we'd all be billionaires.

SIAP but Treasury issued guidance today on clean vehicle tax credits. This is what we’ve been waiting on to see how much Model 3 and Y buyers will receive next year.

Edit: at the end it says “the issuance of this revenue procedure is not the issuance of proposed guidance with respect to critical minerals and battery components”. So sounds like there is more to come.

Last edited:
OT .. but figure quickest answer will come form this thread .. Is Tesla selling standalone power walls now ?
got a cryptic email indicating they are but on the Tesla website it still requires solar in order to purchase power wall ...In typical Tesla fashion no one to contact to confirm availability .. I do remember Elon sayin power walls would be available for purchase end o the year .... 🤷‍♂️

Email content

Great news! We have increased Powerwall availability and installation capacity.

We recognize your elongated installation timeline may have led you to make other arrangements. To indicate your desire to move forward with your existing Tesla project, please complete this short survey.

After you have confirmed – the order will be reviewed and prepared for installation by our Project Advisor team.

If no action is taken by the end of day December 23, 2022, we will assume you no longer wish to proceed and process the cancellation of your Powerwall order. Any deposits received will be refunded within 7-10 business days.

We look forward to getting your installation underway.

Best Regards,

The Tesla Team

Update: I found my old order from 2 years ago ... looks like this is real
@Zero CO2
got a similar email from Tesla
reserved powerwall 5/27/2018, 4.5 years ago. Would go with it, except, Hurricane Ian really spooked me

As herds go, we all think Q4 results will be the bomb. So this thing could pop sooner than anyone expected (and certainly much later as well). It's so well known how amazing Tesla could be this quarter. Be open to the most unexpected. I think even before we have Q4 deliveries it could pop.
I like your thinking but what would drive that? Q3 was a record quarter and we just had the Semi deliveries.

As herds go, we all think Q4 results will be the bomb. So this thing could pop sooner than anyone expected (and certainly much later as well). It's so well known how amazing Tesla could be this quarter. Be open to the most unexpected. I think even before we have Q4 deliveries it could pop.
If only the SP moved $1 every time I've seen the phrase "it could pop" on this thread over the past year...