Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The manipulation thing is starting to ring hollow.
some are outright selling given the risk Elon represents.

some margin call liquidation is probably going on
after midday it may stop
So you do understand or you do not understand? I’m confused. Explain your level of understanding to me like I’m a Chihuahua.

Regardless, if somebody can’t stand the heat then they should get out of the kitchen. (More Stoics for the crowd 😉)

Thank god inflation numbers did not come in hotter than expected! Imagine where TSLA would be if that happened? I’m gonna deploy the “glass half full” missile. 😊
It was insanely clear what hedge funds/shorts/and most of Wall St was trying to do to TSLA over the past 2-3 weeks.

Can you imagine how many margin calls are sitting at 160? 150?????

They're fully aware of this. Just the trigger of the margin call and stop losses alone would probably send the stock into the 140's. Come hell or high water, they are going to try and break 150 to get those margin calls. They're foaming at the mouth so badly they'll spend the $ to short enough shares to cause 45 million shares traded in the first 45 mins of trading.

As I've said for the whole quarter, Wall St has a internal clock to short the living sh*t out of this stock until we get Q4 P/D numbers. I can already hear the collective groaning from them when the CPI number came out. Now they're going to hope that Powell comes to their rescue and the Fed remains stubborn on rate hikes.

they last 2-3 times we saw this type of price action, speculate it is Elon and did not see any Form-4s. & that was at a higher price than this.

BINGO - Elon just today tweeted the formula for intrinsic value of a company, in reply to TSLA valuation and some complaints. The "read between the lines" was that Tesla was undervalued in the stock market.

He's not going to sell in this environment. He'll tap SpaceX shares (which should be HOT after just nailing a Pentagon contract for StarShield) before Tesla.

I don't know, maybe I just haven't drank the Tesla coolaid (I clearly haven't), but if one was looking for basic transportation or some of the other offerings now (Taycan, iX, i4, Ioniq 5, Mach-E) they certainly seem comparable for most use cases outside of the super charging network that someone may or may not use much.

I never saw the other products as inferior as so many people here claim I guess. The minimalistic design isn't for everyone, no front center console is annoying, buttons for everything (like volume, glove box), lack of service centers, panel gaps (hit/miss), no 360 camera, no android/carplay, poor handling (MY), cost/price for what you get (see enough posts on this from folks who wouldn't buy it now if they had to shell out current prices), looks like an egg (MY) and common as a prius (see 5 teslas anytime you're out). I don't see the allure anymore.

I "get" people who paid a lot less for a MY back in the day for $50k, but that vehicle is minimum $67k+ now.

I have driven Teslas and at the end of the day, it's still just a car to me. It's not that much better (not better at all) than other stuff (to me) that gets me from A to B. Like with Tesla solar, Tesla solar is sorta worst than their competition in that department (no choice/flexibility and in some cases, not much/any cheaper). The other EV options can only get better from here, but I always find the "inferior product" I've seen people spout annoying when I don't see the competition as inferior personally.

I guess good for me not even wanting a Tesla to start with and this is pre-Elon Twitter craziness.
Tesla’s a perfectly fine car. I like driving the Mach-E better. It has excellent build quality and has much more of a sports feel than any other crossover or SUV I’ve ever driven. (I’ve driven BMW 3s for a long time. Very fun but very unreliable.) Some drivers will find Teslas more to their liking but I wouldn’t call the Ford inferior in any way.

Last edited:
As I've said for the whole quarter, Wall St has a internal clock to short the living sh*t out of this stock until we get Q4 P/D numbers. I can already hear the collective groaning from them when the CPI number came out. Now they're going to hope that Powell comes to their rescue and the Fed remains stubborn on rate hikes.

I agree with you that the MM's want those margin calls to trigger, but I still don't agree with you that Q4 is some kind of "time limit" imposed on them.

They are in full control of the stock, and they still will be even after we have a huge Q4 beat. Only a huge influx of new LONG buyers can take the control away from the MM's and I don't see any possible Q4 situation triggering such a wave. We need a larger catalyst, like Moody's upgrading, which would permit an influx of hedge funds.

I think the MM's are pushing for <$150 in a race with the inevitable Moody's upgrade. And it's very likely Moody is waiting to upgrade until the MM's reach their goal too. Q4 won't matter IMHO, I think we're stuck in the basement until the MM's hit their target.

Hopefully next year goes better for us. 😔

You mean like that infamous Friday/Monday selloff a couple weeks ago where everyone was convinced was Elon selling.........only for that to not be the case?
And of course the MMD, which one can set their clock too, or set their business model on... SEC has to protect all businesses, including algorithmic trading and shorting.

It was insanely clear what hedge funds/shorts/and most of Wall St was trying to do to TSLA over the past 2-3 weeks.

Can you imagine how many margin calls are sitting at 160? 150?????

They're fully aware of this. Just the trigger of the margin call and stop losses alone would probably send the stock into the 140's. Come hell or high water, they are going to try and break 150 to get those margin calls. They're foaming at the mouth so badly they'll spend the $ to short enough shares to cause 45 million shares traded in the first 45 mins of trading.

I totally agree with you, man. We're getting the living daylights beat out of us until Tesla does something, anything to actual defend TSLA. The silence is deafening and ridiculous. Tesla needs to grow a pair and fight for TSLA and the investors who have stuck by Tesla through thick and thin.

Personally I'm about $15/sh off from being in the red overall for the last 10 years in this stock thanks to ill advised additions to my share count on the way up. I've never used margin and kept options limited to what I could handle in the worst case with cash. This forum is indeed quite useful for pretty well-moderated discussion of short term action but can the smug folks with $2 average cost basis contain the urge to lecture others who are struggling on days like this? Thanks