Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I took a 3-month hiatus because I couldn’t keep my eyes open in this rollar coaster. I am now questioning everything. Sell it all and put in a long term savings account at 3.6% interest or just hold I guess and hope we don’t lose everything invested. 😪
I am holding. There are just too many positive catalysts that are hidden in this FUD storm.

So imagine you're one of the big industries being disrupted by Tesla and you've been trying to get Musk out for years, well here's a chance, short the stock to oblivion while getting the MSM's to point fingers at Elon's "antics" being behind it, froment shareholder discontent

Conspiracy theory, maybe, but shorting the stock so much down here just before a potential FED-pivot and record quarter/year seems disingenuous
Aren't there any whales with some common sense willing to make $$ just by being contrarian ;)
Hope uncle Leo is OK today :)

If someone could post a screengrab of the intraday Options volume chart, that'd be helpful. Over 110M shares of TSLA traded by half-time today. I highly doubt there's that much liquidity in TSLA stock, and that the majority of this volume is naked short selling from Options maker makers as a reflex to high Put options volume.

Link to TSLA Options charts: TSLA Open Interest, Volume and Max Pain

The midday Options volume chart is our only insight into this looming issue (which some of you may have heard of before). Note that Options aren't traded in the Pre-market, but as soon as the Main session began, the push was on:

TSLA.2022-12-13.09-30.png

“Arresting the slide means changing Musk’s behavior on his social media platform.”

Perception is reality, fundamentals don’t matter. Tesla brand is hurting and the market is reacting to that. Shorts are taking full advantage. Tesla board is silent.

Until Elon Musk is done with this Twitter mess that he created, stock will be depressed. In my opinion he’s picked the wrong fight. Cannot win the battle with government to force free speech, no matter how rich you are or how brilliant an engineer you are.

In the meantime, retail investors who are over-leveraged and don’t have time on their side are having to face margin calls, maintenance calls and heavy losses. His biggest supporters are hurting, he’s letting them down.

Just something to relax: A quote from todays Benzinga report linked below. The calculation is based on a price of $167.82.
"The $1,000 investment in Tesla today would be worth $8,487.34 in 2030 if Baron’s price target is reached. This represents a gain of 748.7% over the next eight to 10 years. This represents average annual gains of 74.9% to 93.6% depending on when Baron’s target is reached over the course of the next eight to 10 years."
Here's How Much A $1,000 Investment In Tesla Stock Will Be Worth In 2030 If Ron Baron's Price Target Hits

Same for me except my port is down two million. Sunday night coming home from a camping trip and hit a foot of snow and 12 degrees, No motel. Just stayed in my pop up camper in my truck. Saved $100.
MX makes pretty decent sleeping quarters with a dreamcase (or without if you have some comforters) assuming you pack light or don’t mind throwing the luggage in the front while you sleep. 🤌

“Arresting the slide means changing Musk’s behavior on his social media platform.”

Perception is reality, fundamentals don’t matter. Tesla brand is hurting and the market is reacting to that. Shorts are taking full advantage. Tesla board is silent.

Until Elon Musk is done with this Twitter mess that he created, stock will be depressed. In my opinion he’s picked the wrong fight. Cannot win the battle with government to force free speech, no matter how rich you are or how brilliant an engineer you are.

In the meantime, retail investors who are over-leveraged and don’t have time on their side are having to face margin calls, maintenance calls and heavy losses. His biggest supporters are hurting, he’s letting them down.
Yep this post is right on the money. It won't be here long.

Bingo. And it is what I have been saying for months. Amazing quarterly reports, new products, tech breakthroughs and FSD successes are no longer relevant in this investors thread. It’s all about the next fox extreme right wing Elon headline.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t put that much blame on Elon anymore. It’s way past that now. This is the boards doing nothing approach. I am too much of a small time investor to understand what motives the board would have to do this. Or maybe they are just that incompetent, but I doubt that. There is more to this than incompetency. No idea really.

We are very small investors so not a big deal for us. And we’ll probably just ride the escalator down to see what happens. But I feel for those who are younger and have a serious stake in this company. Ugh.

Jmho
But I feel for those who are younger and have a serious stake in this company. Ugh. - Why would this statement be true? If you are younger and have a serious stake, you have nothing but time and $TSLA will ultimately win out in the next 5-10 years.

So imagine you're one of the big industries being disrupted by Tesla and you've been trying to get Musk out for years, well here's a chance, short the stock to oblivion while getting the MSM's to point fingers at Elon's "antics" being behind it, froment shareholder discontent

Conspiracy theory, maybe, but shorting the stock so much down here just before a potential FED-pivot and record quarter/year seems disingenuous
Industries don’t short stocks.

MX makes pretty decent sleeping quarters with a dreamcase (or without if you have some comforters) assuming you pack light or don’t mind throwing the luggage in the front while you sleep. 🤌
I have a 3/4 ton Toyota 4 wheel drive with beefed up leaf springs and shocks. Hallmark pop up camper with fridge, table,stove bed and heater. This thing can go to a lot of places. If the stock keeps dropping I can't afford that new cyber truck I ordered.

The battle is against a windmill.

Is this new news?

Looks like Tesla expanding yet again and again and again.
If anyone at tesla (who actually see daily order numbers) thinks that the company growth story is over, they sure are doing a great job at pretending its still accelerating like crazy.

People selling today are going to feel really, really stupid once sanity returns to the market.

I think a full year P/E change after Q4 earnings will shake a lot of people out of their bubble. You can only keep predicting a company is in trouble for so long before the financials just make you look like an idiot :D
Mostly I feel sorry for those who put stop-loss limits. They are the big losers. I don't feel so sorry for those who used margin because that's just gambling, not investing.