Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly the Biden administration continues to change the parameter of the IRA, so it's actually impossible for any company to know with full certainty how much they will qualify for. Companies will try to comply the best they can within reason. Tesla is best positioned to maximize and capitalize on IRA incentives.
And 2x confusing for consumers. I bet that really is why the push on mine.

Q4 record production, record delivery, and close to 50% growth (in spite of COVID shutdowns) is absolutely guaranteed at this point.

That may very well be true.
HOWEVER, what is not guaranteed at all is that the market will react positively and the SP will rise in response.
In fact, if past performance is any indication, chances are that the market will react negatively again to all the record breaking.
Plus, let's not forget Elon may sell some more millions of shares after the Q4 ER.

I am not sure if this has been posted here. Could this be the reason for the selling pressure?

Yes, it's been discussed here this week. There's even been a separate thread started for it (which nobody appears to visit).

FkB6_dYUUAEMVwJ

I am not sure if this has been posted here. Could this be the reason for the selling pressure?
I don't think this is how it works. The S&P is market cap weighted. When a stock is down that reduces the percentage of ownership for a fund. Rebalancing is needed for the companies that are added or removed from the index

I don't think that is accurate. I think if anything they need to buy, because Elon increased the float by selling.

I suggest you do the math. Elon's selling since in Q4 hasn't increased the float by as much as TSLA has declined vs. the S&P 500.

Also, this week's selling won't be counted by S&P DJI for the Q4 float adjustment because it occured after the S&P cut off date for Corporate events in the quarter. The effect of his sales on the float will show up in the 2023 Q1 rebalancing.

Last edited:
Q - Does Elon have any cash on hand?

Context: He's incredibly highly leveraged over the years. He's also pissing a lot of people off. One thought that came to mind this morning: maybe creditors are going to call in the debt? or maybe most/some of it?
Perhaps that has happened some, and he’s taking pains (and causing pain) to avoid it getting worse.

I wonder if there's a chance they announce something in the coming days

There is no SEC reporting requirement for corporate share buybacks done in Q4 until the 10-K comes out (likely by end of January). Hiro tweeted this on Dec 9th, remember?

HIRO MIZUNO on Twitter: "Twitter is a great forum for free speech and discussion but not an appropriate forum to disseminate financially material information of business." / Twitter

Reactions: AZRI11 and EnzoXYZ
Unpopular speculation:

1) Elon is selling a bit more today (last day to do so);

2) Q4 will not be epic… recent discounts in China and U.S. indicate challenges in delivery numbers (IMO).

I hope to be very wrong on at least #2.

Frustrated if #1 is accurate.

I just got another offer today now adding in that 10K mi for a Fremont Model Y with FSD. It could be the FSD that is singling me out - great margins with FSD BTW! I would believe Q4 US got softer than expected. TSLA stock itself may have indirectly reduced the number of vehicles delivered this quarter, and possibly IRA related as people take a back seat on any buying. Over-supply or under-demand, who knows but it's likely contained to Q4 otherwise why expand into Mexico, right?
To build a semi

• Informative
Reactions: SOULPEDL