Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that big option writers may want to defend $150, due to all of the interest and trades in puts there. They may also want to shut out call buyers at $153.33. S&P 500 rebalancing remains a wild card. "If" Elon did more selling today, I suspect that would've ended around 11:30 am EST. There's also the question of whether the Tesla board wants to take advantage of the final Q4 opportunity to buy back shares. Lots of considerations - stay tuned.
Missed it by .23 cents... we expect more outta you! /s

There was a huge buy wall all day parked at $150 on the depth chart that leaned out after hours. Its what stopped it from dropping below $150 all day.

That closing cross for you:

1671225151917.png

Someone send this to J Powell so we can stop increasing rates and turn the market around. ;)
Asset values are something the Fed is focused on reducing through this quantitative tightening -- repossessions will help push down prices and bring more supply back into the market and pain is necessary for this to happen.

There are surely no shortage of loans underwater right now for both houses and cars, and this will discourage new sales for who knows how long. So many vehicle trade-ins happened since 2020 on the back of skyrocketing used values, people were trading in their 3-year old cars for their original price and then upgrading to some other new vehicle also with a massively inflated price. Now we're going to see a long period where nobody will want to trade in even if they could, because they will be taking an absolutely massive depreciation hit in the process.

The only thing that will make these people trade in again near term is if new car prices drop by a corresponding amount, thus bringing down new and used car inflation metrics.

The Federal Reserve knows exactly what they're doing.

Last edited:
To sum it all up, the bank parts of Ford/GM/legacy auto are on the hook...line and sinker

Ford (F) dn -7.02% today, General Motors (GM) dn -3.91%

BTW, 15 min into the After-hrs session at 4:15 p.m. TSLA has already traded 10.1M shares. Share Price at 4:15 was 150.00 exactly.

Anybody wanna guess what the 4:00 minute volume was today? ;) 13.9M

TSLA.2022-12-16.16-00.png

Last edited:
If there's truth to this, Elon is still looking for more T***** investors.

Maybe he can soon start offering share swaps at 1:1 between TSLA and TWTR.
If it's true (big IF there obviously), I definitely think Elon was selling more shares yesterday and today. I think he's definitely offloading SpaceX shares in that private offering.

Just surreal to see him dumping his stakes in everything for the sake of Twitter, but it is what it is 🤷‍♂️

Some people will disagree on this but in the most bizarre way possible, Elon is on his way to being ousted as CEO of Tesla. Not that I necessarily think the BOD as it currently is would do it. But while Elon's offloading massive amounts of shares, someone's buying those shares. And I wouldn't be surprised to see big enough accumulation of the past year and especially this quarter to force tough decisions from the board.

But hey, let's enjoy the next 4-5 weeks or so of No More Elon Sales!!!!!

(Tbc in exactly 6 weeks)

Last edited: