Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here ya go. 120 is the focus.

View attachment 888252
Or is it?

1671809614174.png

Long term investing is the way to go, but please don't forget only rich people say money doesn't bring happiness. The lower you are on the wealth scale, the more pressing basic needs are. Please don't marginalize people on the same side as you.
I think there's a sweet-spot above which more money doesn't change happiness, but having financial independence sure as hell facilitates life

That being said, I never had two pennies to rub together until I invested in TSLA, it made me richer that I could ever had imagined, and as stressed as I've ever been in my whole life. Having a little nest-egg back in 2016-2019 was fun, for it then to 50x at one point, and now fall to 20x, it's a hard game, requires some metallic testicles to get through it

I'm sure the comment about Tesla lowering prices to increase demand, to the point of negative margins, will be plastered all over the news for the week as a negative and the SP will go lower. But in reality, it should be the largest "Oh Sh!t" moment for every other automaker on the planet, because if Tesla lowers prices to the point of no profit, every other automaker will have no way to match them and compete without going bankrupt very fast!
But as you mentioned, the media will distort and twist this into: "Elon said Tesla will have negative margins in 2023!" to tank TSLA down further, GRRR!

Reactions: BornToFly
I had a similar thought, if Tesla is committed to growing volume over maintaining margins it creates an even more daunting obstacle for "the competition that's always coming" who I suspect are still struggling to produce EVs at a meaningful profit.

On another note:

A strong, independent person holds their own opinions.
A wise one knows when to keep them to themselves.

I continue to be disappointed in Elon- and yes I know it's Elon- and possibly more so by the board that more wisdom isn't being exercised especially in light of the fact this is a PUBLICLY traded company. That has benefits, but it also has responsibilities.

I'm going to start a separate thread to discuss what we as retail shareholders might do to voice our concern over how those responsibilities are being met. Heck, it can't be any more absurd than many of the proposals I have to vote on for the investors meeting every year!
I wish we could all chip in and buy Elon a speech filter as a present: just because he can say something doesn't mean he should, especially if it can be ammo for the media to distort, e.g. give them an inch and they will take a mile.

This seems irresponsible:

Why is this irresponsible? Elon said his best guess is a recession in 2023 similar to 2009, and Tesla would likely prioritize growth even if profits were zero or slightly negative.

Although someone can argue that he's making the best of a bad situation, Elon basically said that profits are likely to be much lower in 2023.

Although Uber bulls can argue that the long term 2024/2025 view is unchanged, most investors outside of TMC care about 2023.

Last edited: