Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to ask that certain people please stop posting the same idea over and over that EM be either removed as CEO.....or that he has caused great harm to Tesla the company.

First IMHO you are wrong....but more importantly most of you have posted your opinion many, many times.

“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action trolling.” — Ian Fleming

Lower commodity prices yes but vehicle prices are also coming down

These things are all interconnected, and dropping industrial commodities futures are indicative of the looming recession and lower industrial activity generating less demand. And higher commodity prices driving up costs of end products is also part of balancing demand with supply by reducing demand through higher prices.

Commodities like copper are used as economic barometers in this way. It’s not like new significant supply magically comes online, so a drastic drop in a short period likely means the economic outlook has recently soured

I think you've focused too much on the media (intentional mis)interpretation of what Elon has Tweeted than what he actually Tweeted. I see this bandied about a lot so let's look at what he actually Tweeted.

Note: Elon isn't "out" of Tesla, at all. He still holds a massive amount of TSLA.

He’s sold mostly shares which were from his CEO compensation plan—money he earned as CEO for results delivered—not the shares from money he invested in the company.

Splitting hairs people will say?

Considering the CEO compensation plan is the way he gets paid, it is unreasonable to interpret it otherwise. Musk never selling a share of stock means he would have needed to come up with billions of dollars outside of the money he earned from Tesla in order to pay the taxes on options package he got.

Also, seems like people are starting to lump all of the sales together “To acquire Twitter” when the first sale was largely to pay a huge tax bill from said CEO compensation plan.

Lower prices and better margins in 2023?

"Raw materials used in battery packs seem to have peaked

This would reduce the cost of producing a battery pack for an electric vehicle significantly"

Raw materials cost to Tesla is a complicated story. They will usually have long term contracts - which may have some element of future/spot market pricing built in. But the price itself will be less volatile than the spot or future market. So, while over long term lower material cost is obviously good news, difficult to say what it means in terms of margins - esp. if Tesla has to reduce prices.

A friend of mine called me and has a VW diesel which is not legal to drive since it doesn't pass the smog requirements. VW can't get the parts yet for months now. What is interesting is that he is buying TSLA stock now. I wonder how many new investors are getting in.
Just very interesting.
I feel the big disruption is starting as Tony Seba predicted. Mkt should be down but TSLA?

I am still confused from his explanation. Why would the system say station 1 but it's actually station 4?
40 seconds in the video he explains "someone came out here today to physically get this site online" implying they replaced components or wiped devices and set them up again. Whatever they did, they didn't configure the site as a whole correctly even though they got the individual units working.

Bought 23 shares today. My first dip! Looks like the shares have stopped falling!

Clearly, from here they can only go up!

Or possibly down.

Or stay the same for a while.

I hold to the Efficient Market Hypothesis. Which is why it’s fundamentally impossible to predict a stock’s move - barring inside information, of course.