Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I posted earlier, a dealer in our area has 16 model 3's, most are 2019 RWD SR lease returns, listed at 267 miles max charge. Per the CarFax data, most are clean low mileage. They're currently asking between $33,998 and $36,998... all pricing post Friday the 13th of course. I personally think it wouldn't be that difficult to talk them down another 10%, since a 2023 AWD model 3 SR can be purchased for $36,490 (which is kinda deceiving as I assume you'd have to pay sales tax on the amount before applying the Tax credit).

But regardless, these used rigs, even though they're SR's, become way more attractive than even 4 years ago due to the growth and dependability of the Supercharger network. There are few places I would travel that would require a charge to get there, only to return. That in itself is a big selling feature IMHO...

Claims it's over 100 stalls now all operational but Tesla Find Us still says 80 stalls.

I think this is the proper thread for that location (Coalinga = Harris ranch?). But no one has posted the new PICs yet. I can post there if someone wants to confirm I have the right thread.

1673809104190.png

1673809140463.png

1673809167658.png

Based on IRA and subsequent Tesla price cuts… should competition be spending $$ building infrastructure like charging ;) if their cars not selling:)

Btw any news when US super chargers going to be open for all?
In my perfect world, the US would put Tesla in charge of the nations charging network, make Tesla's plug the standard.

Like on what planet/plane of existence is it the unreliable and crappy suppliers the choice for a nation?

And under the “Clueless” category: The Daily Double!

Wyoming Legislators Draft Resolution Banning Electric Vehicles By 2035​

Unlike California’s ban on gas-powered cars, the resolution’s co-sponsor, Sen. Brian Boner, R-Douglas, said the Wyoming resolution would be meaningful in making a statement if passed, but it would be entirely symbolic.
At first, the headline looked like it was from The Onion. However, it might be cute to visit (in a Tesla) an old-timey looking petting zoo of rare gas cars in 2035. They'll have to scrap for parts like Cuba does for the classic castoffs. However, I can imagine Wyoming trying to ban BEVs at their border. Backward ho!

Claims it's over 100 stalls now all operational but Tesla Find Us still says 80 stalls.

I think this is the proper thread for that location (Coalinga = Harris ranch?). But no one has posted the new PICs yet. I can post there if someone wants to confirm I have the right thread.

I read somewhere these supercharger additions were half paid by IRA. Can anyone confirm?

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
agreed and it's just a likely that Ford's remnants will be part of another Auto organization.
I’m sorry but Ford going under or even merging with someone would be an absolute tragedy, let’s not forget the heritage and history of this company? they basically started the car industry with the Model T, they’ve built some legendary cars over the decades, I’ve always owned Fords myself so yeh I’ve got a soft spot for them, I like there CEO Jim Farley as well, he seems a decent guy, look I’m not fussed about the rest of legacy auto but I hope Ford can fight through it all and survive..

I read somewhere these supercharger additions were half paid by IRA. Can anyone confirm?
Highly unlikely. First I don't think the IRA is funding any chargers, that is a different bill that created/funded the NEVI program. Second, no NEVI funding has been issued yet. (I think the earliest it will go out is April.) Third, the NEVI program requires CCS connectors. Fourth, it only puts 4 chargers every 50 miles on major highways. (They might allow larger installs, but they are really going for wide coverage vs. density.)

I do think I saw some mention that a California program funded part of the install, but I'm not sure about that.

Last edited:
Some friends who see me driving my Teslas told me about lower prices for the M3 and MY. Seems they have been waiting for this and are buying Teslas. Elon made a 3D chess move here. With COGS going down, FSD working great, and all the other products and factories gearing up I see some huge gains for the SP. Too bad for legacy and MSM which has become irrelevant. Word of Mouth made Tesla popular.
🚛 on the road now. The best products win. Perhaps some welfare money for Wyoming to help those poor people.

Interesting, I was reading Nextdoor and apparently near us there is a large area that was bought by a developer. Well apparently construction is stalled or something and they rented the space out to stealerships. They now use the space to store their inventory and apparently there are so many vehicles that complaint threads of eyesores and such on Nextdoor now. That must hurt having to store so many ICE on the local level.

Looks like the other auto brands in the US and Europe are going to have big problems ramping their EV programs with these new Tesla price cuts.

There there OEMs, you can still meet all your obligations by buying more credits from Tesla who will have plenty for all!

After calculating how inflation affected other car manufactures, I am pretty convinced that Tesla raised their prices the way they did for 2022 not due to cost but due to demand. Oil prices sky rocketed and the EV hysteria was at an ATH. I think Tesla was hoping to cash in after fulfilling all of their backlogs who got in before the price rise. However they did not anticipate oil prices to tank. I think many believe Oil was going to hit 200+ or 5 dollar gas was here to stay until the war is over.

Since that did not happen, demand dropped at those high prices so Tesla adjusted back to baseline inflation.