Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At first glance I was reminded of Ford Prefect's description of Hotblack Desiato's space ship, "Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow"

Not saying it actually steers like a cow, but I think it does have gills.

01-Acura-Precision-EV-Concept.jpg

Last edited:
I will make a simple conditional prediction for the SP reaction on the ER tomorrow:

1. If Elon is on the call the stock will dip (go down)
2. If Elon is not on the call, the stock will rally (go up)

I am not attempting to predict the size of the move (that depends on how the fundamentals are received by the investors), just the direction purely depending on the presence of Mr. Musk at the ER.

I will make a simple conditional prediction for the SP reaction on the ER tomorrow:

I am not attempting to predict the size of the move (that depends on how the fundamentals are received by the investors), just the direction purely depending on the presence of Mr. Musk at the ER.
Such BS.

I predict that you will be on my ignore list before the earnings call. 👋

Is it really that reasonable of a solution? They provide versions with either a 5-20 or 6-20 outlet for ~$400. But where does someone get an EVSE that supports those outlets, and how much does that cost? (Most EVs don't even come with a 5-15 EVSE anymore.) We know the Tesla UMC supports those, but for a non-Tesla they would have to buy another adapter to use it.

Alternatively, they could install Tesla Wall Connectors, either the Tesla version that costs $425 (wasn't this $350 just a little bit ago?) or the J1772 version that costs $550, and then people wouldn't have to provide their own EVSE that could easily be stolen. And Tesla does support charging people for the electricity used by them. (Though it seems like they want installs of at least 12 Wall Connectors to support that.)

The Orange solution is good for a number of reasons. EVSEs with their long cables are a maintenance nightmare. Cables get stolen (cut for the copper), run over, expensive heads dropped on the concrete, and generally trashed. Whereas a wall mounted plug is virtually indestructible in comparison. EVSEs deliver a lot more power, thus causing either a big drain on the apartment's electric service, or increased costs. If you install the 5-20 socket, you've limited the power per vehicle and it makes it much more tenable to provide power to all EVs.

As far as the extra $200 portable EVSE goes, if Orange had half a brain, they'd sell those too. But that market is going to fill itself in short order anyways as more non-Tesla EVs are sold.

Don’t know why people think Musk would skip this call. It’s a year end call which makes it pretty likely to begin with. The stock is just fractions over the 2 year low and investors are very worried. Musk missing this call would send the absolute wrong message here.

Double so since Musk has been under huge scrutiny for Musk being distracted CEO due to Twitter lately.

Musk is going to be on the call. There is just too much going on right now for it to be otherwise.

Whereas a wall mounted plug is virtually indestructible in comparison. EVSEs deliver a lot more power, thus causing either a big drain on the apartment's electric service, or increased costs. If you install the 5-20 socket, you've limited the power per vehicle and it makes it much more tenable to provide power to all EVs.
Wall Connectors can be configured to deliver less power too. And they can share power between them in groups of up to 16. So that isn't really a benefit of the Orange solution. In fact it is better for the Wall Connectors as EVs can charge quickly if there are only a couple needing to charge making full power available to others that come later.

My bullish side says they will realize FSD revenue (partially) just as a sweetener for all this good news on 4680/Semi. Otherwise, why release the Nevada news now? Elon looked quite excited in his presentation.

My bearish side says those GigaPress and Factory ramps were a bit costly so the earnings are around a mere $1.01 (guess) but the realization sets in the weeks following, on up to March 1st for Investor Day with some dips along the way.

I'm 60% Bullish over the next 24 hrs.

Seems like EM is teasing a Buy Back with his Bee Bee tweets? Today would be a good time to announce it.

and 69 others - formerly known as captkerosene. (Tired of people thinking I work in the oil industry ... not that that's bad!)
Tesla has better things to do with their (our) money and I expect we'll hear more about it on March 1st.