Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not bad - but as impressive (and enjoyable) as this current move is I'm mindful of the simple fact that NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The business of Tesla is much the same as it was 1, 3, 6 months ago. Macro environment is evolving, but there was no rational reason for the extreme drop in SP. Efficient market theory my a$$. HODL (and congrats to everyone that bought from $200 down).
Eh.

Talked about this yesterday. SP is in many ways a fear indicator. The market was irrationally fearful about Tesla. Earnings results and a masterful management call as assuaged those fears. There was also a huge amount of wealth lost due to high risk market moves. Margin calls being a big contributor to selling on the way down.

”In the Short-Run, the Market Is a Voting Machine a fear and FOMO driven herd of short sighted idiots prodded and influenced by market makers, But in the Long-Run, the Market Is a Weighing Machine”

TSLA stop!
I don’t wanna rejoin ranks of super rich at expense of shorts

Wow, called the peak within 2 minutes. Impressive. :p

TSLA.2022-01-27.12.40.Hi2.png

Anyone with half a brain could have looked at Q3 financials and seen how much pricing power Tesla had.

I obviously agree with your argument since I posted a variation of the same earlier this week, but I'm curious how much gross and net profit you think remains per 3/Y cars after the price cut. My napkin math says under $5k gross profit per car, although expected to increase as supply chain improves.

While my long term shares are totally in tact, I sold off my more recent dip buying shares today at $144 based on my macro outlook and my expectations on the tone Elon will set on this call. ::ducks::

You're welcome kids! ;)

It was like 2% of my holdings so fwatevz...I'm happy to see it rise. :)

Agree. When does the combination of short covering plus FOMO come into play? Or have both already started?
I think the short covering started in AH trading the day of the earnings call. There was some huge AH activity on that evening as the big institutions were harvesting before they had to fight retail.

I’m not a TA guy, but I can read maps pretty well. I think we’re in the green square.

1674843149369.png

Edit: Just realized that within a 1 year period I bought within 5% of “Point of Maximum Financial Risk” and within 5% of “Point of Maximum Financial Opportunity”

Last edited: