Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dad gum it! 😤

Just realized we'll have to suffer through another of those weekend thingies before we can watch the SP some more. 😞

Maybe next week we can have a 15% day. These 10% days are becoming so mundane. 😉

HODL
No worries, me , @ThisStockGood and @wipster will have plenty of OT
nonsense to keep you busy reading. That is until the mods invariably drop the hammer 🔨 !

Efficient Market Theory only works when the manipulators are not in control. Everyone who uses options or margin encourages manipulation.
Yep.

Totally agree and I’m fully a hypocrite. Fully half my portfolio is super leveraged right now. It’s been gut wrenching, nauseating, and humbling.

At this point I feel like I need to keep in the game until we’ve recovered though.

Are those the words of an addict? I’m totally not gambling here… just one more win and…

Yep.

Totally agree and I’m fully a hypocrite. Fully half my portfolio is super leveraged right now. It’s been gut wrenching, nauseating, and humbling.

At this point I feel like I need to keep in the game until we’ve recovered though.

Are those the words of an addict? I’m totally not gambling here… just one more win and…
If it doesn't work out for you, there is a new support group # if needed.

1-800-4TESLAQ

Edit: I don't know if their counselors are trained to work with Bulls, or Ogres for that matter, but worth a shot.

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre and 2daMoon
these last couple days show the folly in trying to time the market. Instead of stressing about timing, I'm just enjoying the show
This was the first time I actually witness capitulation and V shape rally afterwards. I saw so many people throwing up their hand. Chicken Genius doesn't look so Genius right about now.

As the trading week comes to an end boys and girls, let's not forget there are still mentally unstable people out there on television:

1674853090957.png

The people that short TSLA are the same people who think it is extraordinarily clever to say EVs are powered by coal
I feel the people who short Tesla are like my friends who doubt the idea of buying an EV / Tesla. Or become "hangry" whenever I have to supercharge on road trips if we take the Tesla because people who drive gas cars will become infuriated that a Tesla cannot get back on the road as fast as a gas car. Even if you tell them they should eat food while they charge, they may not accept the idea because they only want In n Out and won't settle for Carls Jr. Even though I tell them supercharging low cost is like getting free food.

Gas car enthusiasts keep saying that they don't like the idea of charging because it's slow. This is the only thing holding EV adoption back is these people who keep doubting EVs due to their slow refueling time. I am hoping one day we have higher capacity battery or faster charging time to the point the most reluctant gas owner will give in and get an EV.

Tesla launches a $399/mo lease special on Model 3 with $4,500 down.

For comparison:
  • Cheapest BMW I could find was a 2 series for $489/mo with $5,389 down
  • Cheapest Mercedes A-Class for $469/mo and $3,623 down.
  • Toyota Camry LE is $299/mo with $3,598 down
  • Honda Accord $289/mo with $4,099 down
The fuel savings alone would make up the $100/mo difference on the two low end comparisons.
I was trying to figure out how much of the IRA $7500 Tesla was giving back for the 3 so I configured a 3 Sr+, 3p, Y and YP all for $60,990 (using various options to get to the same total), and with identical lease options, the monthly amounts were $598, $748, $711 and $735. I imagine there are some different residual calculations based on model and options, but assuming they are roughly equal, it looks like Tesla is applying ~$3500 to the 3sr+ model price.