Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah… I keep going back and forth. If it is the semi, the third axle has to be on a separate rail?
Yeah, I'm unclear on that too. I wonder if we can guess anything based on scale of other objects in the picture. The CT wheelbase should be similar to an F-150, but a Semi will have a frame much longer than the entire length of a pickup.

The other thing is, I thought with the ~9 trucks/ day run rate the Semi wouldn’t be using robots like this, was thinking more of the sleds. **shrug**
Yes, for sure. I thought at first the low ceiling might mean Sparks, but then I realized Austin has 3 floors, so at least part of the GA area could also have low ceilings.

Another clue is the silver-colored bumper-like end-cap on the frame. That's gotta be CT... :D

Cheers!

Agreed, the red ladder frame looks like a part for Semi, complete with stringers to form the battery boxes. Not sure how the megacasting fits in this picture, maybe an integrated rack to hold the triple-drive unit? Paging @mongo
I'm not sure what it is.
Assuming the tooling is red, it looks like a hodge podge of pieces, unless the long white midsection is a gripper for the frame. Possibly, it's a place holder for a vehicle.
As to what vehicle? The front end corners seem tall, which makes me think a low to the ground vehicle like Roadster. Especially given what looks like an axle portal.
SmartSelect_20230214_204944_Firefox.jpg

I'm not sure what it is.
Assuming the tooling is red, it looks like a hodge podge of pieces, unless the long white midsection is a gripper for the frame. Possibly, it's a place holder for a vehicle.
As to what vehicle? The front end corners seem tall, which makes me think a low to the ground vehicle like Roadster. Especially given what looks like an axle portal.
View attachment 907311
Wheelbase looks way too long for a sports car.

I'm not sure what it is.
Assuming the tooling is red, it looks like a hodge podge of pieces

Yeah, it's hard to tell, and the lo-rez video doesn't help. At first, I thought the red-colored ladder section could be some sort of jig for other parts added later in assembly, or it could be the frame itself for Semi, but then why paint it red? Wouldn't we have seen a red frame on early production Semi's at PepsiCo if that was standard? Good tease, anyway. ;)

Reactions: Mike Ambler
Musk has a little dial on his desk. When the marketing team asks what the content of the latest video release should be, Musk doesn’t sent a text reply, he just uses the dial based on his mood and what he thinks will get Tesla the most free buzz and publicity.

When the valentines day release slid across his desk, he carefully set the dial for maximum impact…

1676426859359.png

Buc-ee’s is building from scratch, Pilot is renovating. 🤔
I just did a 5,500 mile LA >> Augusta, GA roundtrip. I must have hit 6 different Buc-ee's along the way. Folks, if you've never been to a Buc-ee's you owe it to yourself to visit one. Kinda like Flying J and Wal-mart had a baby. They are truly impressive and offer Tesla drivers a great experience while waiting to charge. Brilliant move on BOTH Tesla and Buc-ee's part. PS. Every single Supercharger along the way WORKED!

I just did a 5,500 mile LA >> Augusta, GA roundtrip. I must have hit 6 different Buc-ee's along the way. Folks, if you've never been to a Buc-ee's you owe it to yourself to visit one. Kinda like Flying J and Wal-mart had a baby. They are truly impressive and offer Tesla drivers a great experience while waiting to charge. Brilliant move on BOTH Tesla and Buc-ee's part. PS. Every single Supercharger along the way WORKED!
I’m eager to see more and more of those gazillion gas pumps switched over to Superchargers. There’s room for Megachargers there, too.

Musk has a little dial on his desk. When the marketing team asks what the content of the latest video release should be, Musk doesn’t sent a text reply, he just uses the dial based on his mood and what he thinks will get Tesla the most free buzz and publicity.

When the valentines day release slid across his desk, he carefully set the dial for maximum impact…

View attachment 907313
Obviously created by a highly skilled craftsman using crayons and a napkin.

What would be really good if Buc-ees also had a typical sit in restaurant within their complex.

Also, to be clear, no judgment intended for anyone who is all in. If I were to pick a stock to be all in on, it would be Tesla. Also makes sense how long term investors would end up with unintentionally high allocation due to the crazy appreciation! I hope I end up in the same boat!!!
Oh my, you have a long way to go to figure out the mentality here. Nothing unintentional about it for most of us.

There is a lot of people here with 50+% in tsla. There are many of us that have very close to, and at times over, 100% in tsla.

I have no house, no condo, no car, probably own nothing I could sell to get more than maybe $1000 quickly. Yet even after this downturn I have more in tsla than I have made in 30 years of working. All from around $15k original investment (yes, it took some lucky option plays)

No, I'm not diversifying until we are another 10x or so.

But yeah, there were a few times in 2022 when I wasn't in the best of moods.

View attachment 907313
Please don't eat the crayons this time.

Man legacy auto is making EVs look really dang hard to build…
All manufacturers not named Tesla are showing us how hard it is to make EVs profitably. Is there any other EV manufacturer that is making a profit making and selling EVs? Maybe BYD? Even then, not clear as they aren't an EV pure play and I don't know if their financials are separated.