Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Serious question. Where would you think Tesla should put Superchargers to create basic charging coverage for Alaska?
Well. First BC hydro has to complete a charge route thru BC to the North. That won’t be till 2025 if they stick to their plan. BC hydro does a good job but there are challenges with that route as far as electrical infrastructure.

Reactions: ShareLofty
Elon to Tom Randall (Bloomberg): "Tom, we’re not “starting a price war”, we’re just lowering prices to enable affordability at scale".

When you are guiding to triple BMW sales and x4 Mercede sales with just 2 car models, I say a little price lowering is warranted just to find new buyers.

BMW is the barometer for luxury car sales as it's akin to Toyota of the luxury world. Mercedes being 60% of BMW is the Honda of the luxury world

Honestly if Tesla manage to pull this off, sell 900k Model 3 and Ys in the US at an ASP of 47k, this will tell every Tesla investor that 20M car guidance is not hot air. Just imagine the demand for a 25k car where Toyota sits. If just 2 models of cars can triple BMW sales at the 50k mark, will a 25k car triple Toyota's sales? Now you know where Tesla got their internal guidance of 20M from.

Elon to Tom Randall (Bloomberg): "Tom, we’re not “starting a price war”, we’re just lowering prices to enable affordability at scale".

I’m sure Elon is lying and meant to say ‘Tom, we’re not “starting a price war”, we’re lowering prices because of demand issues, and next week we’ll be starting an aggressive ad campaign in hopes of fixing that demand problem.’

Right.
Right?
Right!?

When you are guiding to triple BMW sales and x4 Mercede sales with just 2 car models, I say a little price lowering is warranted just to find new buyers.

BMW is the barometer for luxury car sales as it's akin to Toyota of the luxury world. Mercedes being 60% of BMW is the Honda of the luxury world

Honestly if Tesla manage to pull this off, sell 900k Model 3 and Ys in the US at an ASP of 47k, this will tell every Tesla investor that 20M car guidance is not hot air. Just imagine the demand for a 25k car where Toyota sits. If just 2 models of cars can triple BMW sales at the 50k mark, will a 25k car triple Toyota's sales? Now you know where Tesla got their internal guidance of 20M from.
Honestly, ‘when’ Tesla pulls it off; I’d be ever so grateful if ‘you know who you are’ simply shut up for good.

Honestly, ‘when’ Tesla pulls it off; I’d be ever so grateful if ‘you know who you are’ simply shut up for good.
According to the internet, even from every major Tesla bulls...Tesla is having an execution problem because managing to out sell their competitors by 2x, 3x, or 4x is not good enough using pretty much just 1 platform of cars. Even as Tesla guides for mass market car sales like 4x Volkswagen and 1x Honda at an asp still higher than 2020, people all over are back seat driving Tesla as if they know better.

According to the internet, even from every major Tesla bulls...Tesla is having an execution problem because managing to out sell their competitors by 2x, 3x, or 4x is not good enough using pretty much just 1 platform of cars. Even as Tesla guides for mass market car sales like 4x Volkswagen and 1x Honda at an asp still higher than 2020, people all over are back seat driving Tesla as if they know better.
It’s hilarious, isn’t it?

And Fortune has an article by Christiaan Hetzner titled:

Elon Musk’s latest price cuts for Tesla in Europe have investors worried the carmaker grew too fast

I’m sure Elon is lying and meant to say ‘Tom, we’re not “starting a price war”, we’re lowering prices because of demand issues, and next week we’ll be starting an aggressive ad campaign in hopes of fixing that demand problem.’

Right.
Right?
Right!?
I posted disagree because Tesla productivity improvements are demonstrably substantial. In any even prices are largely returning to prepandemic levels. Whether the statement is 100% correct ir not there is no evidence that Elon was lying. Further there is zero evidence thst Tesla would ever mount an advertising campaign, much less an aggressive one.

We will soon see Q1 results. If Free Cash Flow diminishes materially there will be reasons to be concerned.

Probably.:eek::eek:
From where I sit serious disarray today. Nothing to do with TSLA.
Joke. All day long, every day.

Most everyone knows The Cat is made up of sarcasm filled cells. The Cat eats, sleeps, and sweats sarcasm. It can’t help itself.

Sorry your day has been filled with sucky disarray. (Not sarcasm, but close)

So, you get similar results as DT on his routes ?
I cannot say that as I have not tried his specific routes. Just to be clear I’m not saying I have 100% bad drives. Sometimes I go from place to place with no interventions and a pleasant experience. But also certain common routes for me are guaranteed to have interventions for a variety of reasons, and it’s not until that goes away that I think it will have more mass appeal

I cannot say that as I have not tried his specific routes. Just to be clear I’m not saying I have 100% bad drives. Sometimes I go from place to place with no interventions and a pleasant experience. But also certain common routes for me are guaranteed to have interventions for a variety of reasons, and it’s not until that goes away that I think it will have more mass appeal

400,000 FSD Beta users drive "nearly 1 Million miles" per day, according to EM. That 2.5 mile per user per day is indeed very small. Perhaps only a small % of those 400k users actually use FSDb on a regular basis.

As I wrote earlier, FSD has a very steeep learning curve. If you a user puts in the effort, they will figure out the best way to use FSD (also figure out how it behaves and where it can be trusted etc) and use it more & more. If a user doesn't they will continue to see that it is difficult to use whenever they try it and will use it less and less. Perhaps they will try it once every new version comes out - and won't be using it for a long time until the disengagement rates go to 1 in 100 miles instead of 1 in 10 miles it is at now.

IMO FSDb has to improve 10x more for "mass appeal".

BTW, the current state of FSD is what I was hoping it was like, when we got it first 1 1/2 years ago.