Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tough, but not impossible. Toyota has an advantage over other ICEV manufacturers in that they've been doing strong hybrid for a long time, plus plug-in hybrids that have heat pumps. They produced 2.7M hybrids, PHEVs and BEVs in 2022.

So they're already doing, successfully, at volume:
- motors
- inverters
- electric AWD
- AC charging (limited to PHEVs)
- heat pumps (limited to PHEVs)
- batteries

That should at least give them a faster track to some of the changes required.

But if they want to win back EV fans, they need to stop the marketing BS and make their EVs and PHEVs for people who want an EV. Their regen is relatively weak, for example.

PS They have a bZ4X update due in June, free, although requires a trip to the dealer that will supposedly: make the DCFC throttle much less, open up a higher percentage of the pack, improve the AWD efficiency, show the percentage of battery remaining (seriously), and some other improvements.
As an alternative they could make 70 mile phevs And market them properly. But they don’t do that.

Reactions: 30seconds and EVNow
^^ ?

I've always thought that meant "Look ^^ Up at this thing".

Also. It's not an emoji. It's a couple random characters.

Mostly I'd prefer people avoid posting obvious and stupid FUD. I know others like to... but not my thing.
It's weekend so sorry for OT.

I asked GPT4:
What is the meaning of ^^?

The symbol "^^" is an emoticon used in text-based communication to represent a happy or cheerful expression. It can be interpreted as two closed, smiling eyes or as an upward curved mouth, similar to the "^_^" emoticon. People use it to convey happiness, amusement, or lightheartedness in a conversation. Like other emoticons, its interpretation may vary depending on the context in which it is used.

1682113200525.jpeg

But ok, I will use more American emojis in the future so people don't accidentaly think I agree with GoJo...

Last edited:
How so? I've acknowledge both sides of his contributions.

A balanced view or acknowledgement of Elon's good and bad side was not what I felt when reading this post. You were turning a positive achievement of Elon's on its head.

I'm just one of those idiots who understands that some kids getting excited at a SpaceX rocket launch has nothing to do with the real damage Elon has also done to the Tesla brand. Those kids aren't buying Tesla's and, news flash, younger people tend to be more "awake" than older, so in 15 years or so of sh;t posting by Elon when they might want to buy a vehicle that launch might be long forgotten. Or not, who knows, maybe by then Elon will have turned things around, but a rocket launch doesn't doesn't erase his other actions.

Honestly, I couldn't figure out just how the brand supports the sustainability of our planet...

but, I bought one anyway. :cool:

1808276-00-A_1_2000.jpg
You are smarter than me, I ordered touch up paint twice. Both the wrong color.
Tesla should have a warning before you order. "Hey... that doesn't fit, match, work, etc with your model." It would help us non female brain users.

Good news is Musk will be on stage again with the millions of eyeballs watching in 2 months or so with a new bigger, burlier launch pad designed to withstand the forces of SpaceX’s next completely boring and pointless launch which will have absolutely zero halo effect on the public’s perception of Musk or Tesla at all.

I would like to hire you for my Sarcasm For Dummies 2.0 weekend getaway on The Mountain.

Planning a 3,500km roundtrip to Prince Edward Island, Canada. Tesla Superchargers are quite sparse in New Brunswick and PEI, and am YouTubing 3rd party charging sites (ChargePoint, Flo, etc.) on their operation, downloading their Apps and testing them out locally. It is some work. Up until now, I have never had to use 3rd party charging sites, and have taken Tesla's Superchargers forgranted.

Unlike Tesla's 8 or more chargers at each Supercharger station, the others seem to be content with less than a handful of isolated chargers, sometimes just one or two, with the majority as Level 2 charging at 33km/hr, less than my Tesla home charger of 60km/hr. Will plan accordingly. Some good finds though. My son takes a College course one evening per week and used to pay $10 for parking. Now we pull into the ChargePoint EV parking spot, and after class have an additional 100km added to the battery at a cost of approximately $10. So, free parking.

Tesla's Supercharging network (and destination chargers) are an absolute dream in their operation, reliability and simplicity, and just another major reason why Teslas are superior to all other EVs. The vast majority of our trip will use Tesla Superchargers, and we will set ourselves up for success using 3rd Party chargers when needed.

Planning a 3,500km roundtrip to Prince Edward Island, Canada. Tesla Superchargers are quite sparse in New Brunswick and PEI, and am YouTubing 3rd party charging sites (ChargePoint, Flo, etc.) on their operation, downloading their Apps and testing them out locally. It is some work. Up until now, I have never had to use 3rd party charging sites, and have taken Tesla's Superchargers forgranted.

Unlike Tesla's 8 or more chargers at each Supercharger station, the others seem to be content with less than a handful of isolated chargers, sometimes just one or two, with the majority as Level 2 charging at 33km/hr, less than my Tesla home charger of 60km/hr. Will plan accordingly. Some good finds though. My son takes a College course one evening per week and used to pay $10 for parking. Now we pull into the ChargePoint EV parking spot, and after class have an additional 100km added to the battery at a cost of approximately $10. So, free parking.

Tesla's Supercharging network (and destination chargers) are an absolute dream in their operation, reliability and simplicity, and just another major reason why Teslas are superior to all other EVs. The vast majority of our trip will use Tesla Superchargers, and we will set ourselves up for success using 3rd Party chargers when needed.
It was that way a few years ago for us going to The Mountain - a bit thin of SuperChargers for a stretch - and with a bit of googling from the passenger seat several potential other charging options were discovered. We had very good luck in our choices but always had a backup or two just in case.

Good luck on your trip!

You are smarter than me, I ordered touch up paint twice. Both the wrong color.
Tesla should have a warning before you order. "Hey... that doesn't fit, match, work, etc with your model." It would help us non female brain users.
Thanks for reminding me to order touch up paint for our Y.

Tesla has invented an amazing technology that allows us men to be far less likely to order the wrong paint. If you use the app, any paint selection that doesn’t match a vehicle in your account brings up a little warning. Even so, I still almost ordered the wrong paint just now.

Crazy thought here.

The CEO buys a rocket company and they make huge high profile launches that are so interesting everyone hears about them. Make it so compellingly awesome that people feel compelled to talk about it even though they might hate some of the people.

Maybe paint “TESLA” in great big letters on the side of the rocket. Or better, make some of Teslas products out of the same super shiny stainless the rocket is made of so people constantly say things like “is that the same stainless they put on the FarShip?”
Cross-marketing is not crazy at all! Make the occasional fart-sound when venting LOX, the occasional RUD might be spun to advantage somehow. Booster refueling tanks resembling Superchargers...

Generate the BUZZ!! Beats paying for advertising all the time.

I used the eChargeNetwork and Flo 50kW CCS in my Kona in New Brunswick and PEI. They all worked first time without any fuss. But they only have 1 charger per location.

Staying in Charlottetown, PE I was lucky to get access on some days to the Maritime Electric Head Office L2, which was only C$2/hour, while others were at the normal street parking price of C$3/hour (at that time).

• Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
It's weekend so sorry for OT.

I asked GPT4:
What is the meaning of ^^?

The symbol "^^" is an emoticon used in text-based communication to represent a happy or cheerful expression. It can be interpreted as two closed, smiling eyes or as an upward curved mouth, similar to the "^_^" emoticon. People use it to convey happiness, amusement, or lightheartedness in a conversation. Like other emoticons, its interpretation may vary depending on the context in which it is used.

View attachment 930656

But ok, I will use more American emojis in the future so people don't accidentaly think I agree with GoJo...
Don't ruin it, imagining that you agree with GoJo is far more entertaining.. :)

It was that way a few years ago for us going to The Mountain - a bit thin of SuperChargers for a stretch - and with a bit of googling from the passenger seat several potential other charging options were discovered. We had very good luck in our choices but always had a backup or two just in case.

Good luck on your trip!
Not all of us are gifted with your natural talent.

If you want to know why Tesla Megapacks make great "Grid Forming Batteries" and why that is important, you can find out more here:-

Well we dipped to a price/sales ratio of about 4 at the beginning of the year. If that holds as a floor the corresponding price based on trailing twelve month sales would be about $110.

If we moved back to a more reasonable P/S ratio of 10 in the current environment we would be looking at a price of $275.

If the economy went back to bull market status we could go back to sporting a P/S ratio of 15 which would have us in the $412 price range.

Remain unsure why P/S is even a thing. It’s meaningless without knowing other fundamental metrics such as growth rate, margins etc.