Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably the dumbest place to show up. Maybe next time they can bring a Lucid that has 5% battery life to a gas station trying to convince ICErs to switch while plugging into a 110v.

Free marketing tip, maybe try an EV meet up next time and not at a place where Tesla owners are enjoying the best perk for owning a tesla.

Last edited:
Short weekend OT. Took a rideshare model 3 in NYC this morning. Right after pickup the car slammed on the brakes harder than I ever have in mine.

Similar event (didn't) happen with my new Model Y just 3 days after I took delivery. AEB FTW.

Today, I used FSD's 'Secret Autopark' feature for the 1st time to park in my garage while I watched from outside the car, standing in the driveway. The thrill of 3 KMH has never been so palpable.

One year anniversary as a Tesla owner next weekend... Fiver in TSLA last month. :D

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
How crazy would a leap of faith be?

I'm currently 100% in simple TSLA stock (since 2019), but more and more interested in LEAPS.
Especially OTM Dec25 Calls like $300 or even $450.
I'm a strong believer that Teslas rapid speed of innovation and efficient execution will accel them to the most valuable company.
The last 2 years were a period of little visible innovation for mainstream consumers. That will change in the coming 2.5 years (Cybertruck and Semi on roads, $25k Tesla, better FSD, Megapack,...). There will be enough demand, if the economy isn't crumbling hard and recovers in 12 to 18 months.

The P/E ratio got compressed a lot, and will hopefully reflect Teslas 50% groth some better once the general market loses some fear.

I see a lot of upside potential until 2026 and feel the probabilities are much higher than for the downside scenarios.

I'm not old and don't need the invested money. Am I crazy getting in 100% on those OTM longtime LEAPS?

I'm currently 100% in simple TSLA stock (since 2019), but more and more interested in LEAPS.
I'm a strong believer that Teslas rapid speed of innovation and efficient execution will accel them to the most valuable company.
The last 2 years were a period of little visible innovation for mainstream consumers. That will change in the coming 2.5 years (Cybertruck and Semi on roads, $25k Tesla, better FSD, Megapack,...). There will be enough demand, if the economy isn't crumbling hard and recovers in 12 to 18 months.

The P/E ratio got compressed a lot, and will hopefully reflect Teslas 50% groth some better once the general market loses some fear.

I see a lot of upside potential until 2026 and feel the probabilities are much higher than for the downside scenarios.

I'm not old and don't need the invested money. Am I crazy getting in 100% on those OTM longtime LEAPS?
Better thread for that:

Free marketing tip, maybe try an EV meet up next time and not at a place where Tesla owners are enjoying the best perk for owning a tesla.
There was a Lucid with rep yesterday at an EV meet I was at. The rep was quite upset he was not allowed to do test drives. The area was quite confined at a street fair with a lot of people walking around. No way to easily get in and out. He sat in the car the whole time and hardly talked with anyone. I tried asking him a few questions but he was not really interested in me as I was there with my Tesla. If Lucid was paying him, I kept thinking they wasted the money as I don't think he picked up any prospects.

Investment thread: New blood test for fatigued drivers might lead to faster adoption of Autonomous technology - Tesla/FSD adoption rates, Maybe 5 years for roadside tests, likely in aviation, trucking & mining first.

Various rights & wrongs, people having to hold down more than one job, employer pressure, shift-working, caring for others (especially newborns), long commutes due to housing costs etc. Probably best to leave these out of the thread and concentrate on likelihood of usage and potential implications. I could imagine use after fatal/serious accidents at a minimum.

Interesting that fatigue seems to lead to more serious crashes (20% of crashes vs 25% of serious crashes).

My opinion, could be used as part of a wide-ranging blood test (alcohol, drugs, fatigue, illness) used as part of accident and bad driving investigations. In the future we'll be amazed that people drove themselves (near, or far future to be determined).

Probably a vested interest from researcher quoted in article. Blood test for sleepy drivers could pave way for prosecutions

major killers on the road, alcohol is one of them, speeding is another, and fatigue is one of them. But even though the solution to fatigue is quite simple, which is to get more sleep, our capacity to manage it is impaired because we don’t have tools to be able to monitor it like we do with alcohol.”

Many sleep experts agree that legislation is needed to reduce deaths from drowsy driving. Almost half of UK drivers have admitted to driving after less than five hours’ sleep, while experts estimate that fatigue-related crashes are likely to account for up to 20% of all UK vehicle collisions, and one quarter of fatal and serious crashes.

Anderson’s team has identified five biomarkers in blood that can detect whether somebody has been awake for 24 hours or more with greater than 99% accuracy.

Probably the dumbest place to show up. Maybe next time they can bring a Lucid that has 5% battery life to a gas station trying to convince ICErs to switch while plugging into a 110v.

'Enraged' Not sure why the divisive reporting. Unless they are blocking any chargers it should just be sweet to be able to check out their cool new EV while charging.

Maybe part o f anti EV lobby work playing out?

I would love to take one for a spin and give them some feedback and n what I love about teslas. I did. the same aith ID4 and MachE and Audi etron back in the day.

When they launched the etron u let the sales guy drive my model 3 back in 2018 and he was floored and wondered what's going to happen to legacy auto.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable marketing strategy....

It's the one place you can be certain that there will be EV owners and fans coming by regularly AND that they will generally have at least 10 or 20 minutes to kill so might be open to doing something with you in that time.

It also tells us Lucid is confident their product will compare well when a Tesla driver checks it out... and from everything I've heard that seems pretty reasonable, it's a quite nice EV- it's just an expensive and not particularly profitable one... but it's likely quite lovely to test drive.

Plus word is they've got unsold cars sitting around, might as well put them to some use!

I consider it a dumbass marketing strategy.

If I were at that supercharger and they showed up, I would ask "can that car plug into this?" (pointing at supercharger). "No?" K, thx, bai.

Yeah certainly bucking the trend for the Nasdaq, which is negative

However it was +2.74% earlier... it is being dragged down. Probably one of those days where it will amount to nothing once proper trading starts (happy to be wrong about that)
Mostly likely, Friday's peg at $170 was expensive. Manipulative trades being closed down today and tomorrow.

@MaChiMiB , does your broker actually offer Dec25 $450 strike Calls on the option chain??? $390 is the highest strike I see.

I chafe at the idea of doing that 100%, unless you REALLY want to gamble. I have lots of Leaps, but also lots of shares.

If you do, it's like adding a SpaceX booster to the roller coaster, so be ready to hold on.

December 2024 IS a long way into the future, so SP is likely to take off at some point between now and then.

Edit- I roll my leaps into later expirations WAY ahead of expiration. Also, I hardly know what I'm doing, I guess we'll see. I also answered on
I guess discussions should continue there lest we interfere with the Lucid discussions /s.

Last edited:
Seems like a perfectly reasonable marketing strategy....

It's the one place you can be certain that there will be EV owners and fans coming by regularly AND that they will generally have at least 10 or 20 minutes to kill so might be open to doing something with you in that time.

It also tells us Lucid is confident their product will compare well when a Tesla driver checks it out... and from everything I've heard that seems pretty reasonable, it's a quite nice EV- it's just an expensive and not particularly profitable one... but it's likely quite lovely to test drive.

Plus word is they've got unsold cars sitting around, might as well put them to some use!

As I understand it, Lucid Motors is owned by 'the guy' who is responsible for this:

Could I personally buy a car from 'that guy'?...

Answer: No [Bleep!] way.