Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the diagram, it appears that TSLA closed above the upper Bollinger Band for five (maybe 6) days in a row. That's pretty neat. I wonder what it means?

I think it means hedgies are struggling to keep the lid on TSLA. IMHO we could see a run to the $240 resistance before the FOMC meeting next Wed, Jun 14, 2023. At 2:30 pm we'll see what Darth Powell pulls out his bag of shortzes... :p

EDIT to add:

The TSLA intraday high was $237.40 on Nov 01, 2022: (approximation of T/A "resistance" level going forward)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2022-11-01.22-00.png

Last edited:
FSD is not ready for the masses until they fix the phantom braking problem! I’m on a road trip. Yesterday, driving E in eastern Montana, no cars within 1/2 mile, straight road, suffered several phantom braking incidents, some accompanied by attempted lane change! This needs to be sorted. Otherwise, 11.4 is pretty good.
This post would seem to agree.
Trip report: Santa Cruz, CA to Lovell, ME

The above linked post is in my opinion the first large scale opportunity for FSD. Road trips. People driving more than four hours would likely do periodic subscriptions if it helped them significantly cut down on fatigue. There are many people out there with tesla's that cannot afford or do not want to pay 2400 per year, but a one off 200 would be doable.

Also, I would like to own one of these darned cars instead of just reading about them!! 😉
Couple of things ... I hear the Model 3 now starts at $25k after the Fed and CA tax rebates, less than a Camry! (I don't particularly like that "starts at" verbiage, but its what the industry uses to be able to say how cheap their cars are, so wth eh?)

But most importantly - owning a Tesla has been central to my own investment thesis since I first bought shares in 2012. Test driving is nice, and getting a ride in somebody else's car is nice. Driving the car every day, day in and day out, will be a constant reminder of just how awesome the company product is. And product matters. Besides its fun :).

Everybody's situation is different, but I can say with confidence that holding and being able to ignore the share price for a decade (for me) was positively and heavily influenced by driving a Roadster, and more recently the Model X, on a daily basis.

"I can't get a Tesla, I need a truck"

"For what?"

"For a Tesla to pull my dead truck + trailer + boat up a boat ramp while making it look completely effortless"

PSA: don't do this, this tow hook isn't rated for that kind of load, or if you do, don't do in reverse and open the hood of the towed vehicle so if something snaps nobody dies by having a piece of metal flying into their head like it happened a few times (not with Teslas)

I wonder what the tow hook rating actually is? Can a tow truck hook onto it and pull it up a snowy embankment out of a ditch? I don’t think I have seen any tesla guidance on this.

From Fred at Electrek...

... Tesla’s battery system has been chosen for another large 200 MWh energy storage system for Eneco in Belgium...

Worth the watch, just to see how far behind some OEMs are in some aspects. Crazy design, 487 parts for a center console

Some people (and manufacturers) think they just need to improve on EV specific parts, when in reality Tesla is able to reduce cost so much because they always take the normal car stuff with a clean slate design approach

There is a vehicle I worked on a while ago, not a car, but still and electric vehicle that can take you over 50 km that there was less parts than this lol, including cells, hardware, bus bars, obviously not counting every single components on PCBs

Paging @Big Time as I've seen your patent for the Spanking Machine mentioned in the latest episode of Answers With Joe.

Investment related merely because the machine seems to have been running quite well lately, and I'm glad to see Big Time exercising due diligence in protecting his IP for this revolutionary technology.
Few understand this!

Good work everyone, the L33T holders are going to crush it in the next bull run and super cycle.

This is going to 300-310 soon. If we go 240 tmrw I expect 300 within a few weeks

Shorties get rekt/pwned/own3d

When Tesla went above 400 my wife was trying to get me to buy this giant estate in lake placid right on the river and I talked her out of it. Now she's looking at it again and saying as soon as the stock goes back up let's go look at this place..

Her idea was that it would be a nice legacy to give to our children and grandchildren, but I'm still sticking with the plan they inherit the stock.

I got lucky. Sold the TSLA LEAPS when SP was $300 & bought a house in Oct 2021. I missed the peak by a week.. 😜

Hello sports fans! Quite the run for team Tesla! 8 wins in a row and 15 out of the last 17. Not huge blowout wins like we've seen in the past, but a steady performance that has resulted in one win after another. Hopefully it will last a lot longer!

At this point in the season, they are 17 games above 0.500 which is the most games over 0.500 they have been since they ended the 2021 season 20 games over 0.500

Today
Close:224.57
Margin of W/L:3.26
Volume:185,710,777
High - Low:7.63
Close/52 week high:71.4%
Season
Record:62-450.579
Total margin of wins:318.86
Total margin of losses:-220.73
YTD gain/loss:98.1379.7%
Best Win:17.63Jan 27
Worst Loss:-17.60Apr 20
Last 10:8-2
Streak:W8
Avg margin of victory:5.14
Avg margin of defeat:-4.91
Avg Volume:127,447,741
Avg Volume of Last 10:141,381,681
Avg High - Low:9.83
Avg H - L of Last 10:8.38

Tesla Credits (More info about the program here: Loot Box | Tesla Support)

You get "Tesla Credits" that you can spend on things like free Supercharging miles, Tesla Clothing, CCS Adapter, EAP, FSD, Cybertruck raffle chances, acceleration boost, and a few other things from the Tesla Store

I think the most common option for the buyer of a new Tesla would be getting 500 miles of free Supercharging.

I just made a realization. Considering that you can use the credits you get from referrals to purchase EAP and FSD, customers actually still have an opportunity to earn their FSD for free by referring people to purchase Tesla vehicles.

Can you imagine what would happen if Tesla continued to increase the price of FSD, but didn't increase the amount of referral credits necessary to get FSD for free? The more expensive that FSD got, the more motivated people would be to refer others to buy Teslas.

I think this could be one of the best ways for Tesla to encourage it's customers to continue to spread the message regarding how good and how affordable Teslas are now. I see this as potentially being one of Tesla's tickets to expanding to mainstream.

FSD is not ready for the masses until they fix the phantom braking problem! I’m on a road trip. Yesterday, driving E in eastern Montana, no cars within 1/2 mile, straight road, suffered several phantom braking incidents, some accompanied by attempted lane change! This needs to be sorted. Otherwise, 11.4 is pretty good.
Same here. Since I downloaded 11.4 the other day the phantom braking has been driving me crazy! Much worse than before. :rolleyes:

What is the latest wisdom on how to prevent lending out your shares if you have a margin account. Does having standing GTC share sales orders at moon prices do a thing? I'll happily let go of some if we should crush past the $1420.69 in the next few months, as unlikely as that is.
Most recent Yahoo statistics say shares short represent about a half day of trading. Maybe 3% of shares outstanding. Shorts should have no problem borrowing shares. For comparison, I've owned shares with like 20 days of trading shorted.

Hello sports fans! Quite the run for team Tesla! 8 wins in a row and 15 out of the last 17. Not huge blowout wins like we've seen in the past, but a steady performance that has resulted in one win after another. Hopefully it will last a lot longer!

At this point in the season, they are 17 games above 0.500 which is the most games over 0.500 they have been since they ended the 2021 season 20 games over 0.500

Today
Close:224.57
Margin of W/L:3.26
Volume:185,710,777
High - Low:7.63
Close/52 week high:71.4%
Season
Record:62-450.579
Total margin of wins:318.86
Total margin of losses:-220.73
YTD gain/loss:98.1379.7%
Best Win:17.63Jan 27
Worst Loss:-17.60Apr 20
Last 10:8-2
Streak:W8
Avg margin of victory:5.14
Avg margin of defeat:-4.91
Avg Volume:127,447,741
Avg Volume of Last 10:141,381,681
Avg High - Low:9.83
Avg H - L of Last 10:8.38

oops, I forgot to include 6/7's close in my streak, so it is actually 9 in a row and 16 out of last 18.