Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good video except at the end. Elon has said that all cars will pay the same price and that there was no charge to Ford or GM to use the Supercharging network. Rest of the video is great.
Did he actuslly say thet, or did you infer it from something else he said (e.g. like «level playing field» or something)?

This is as close to a love letter to Tesla that I've ever seen from Bloomberg.

Tesla’s Shrewdest Product Is Proving to Be Its Charging Network​

"June 12 (Reuters) - Electric vehicle charging equipment maker Blink Charging (BLNK.O) said on Monday it will launch a new fast charger with Tesla's connector, as the industry moves away from the standard Combined Charging System connector used by many automakers."

"June 12 (Reuters) - Electric vehicle charging equipment maker Blink Charging (BLNK.O) said on Monday it will launch a new fast charger with Tesla's connector, as the industry moves away from the standard Combined Charging System connector used by many automakers."

I guess they blinked...

just returned from Europe and i can confidently state that Tesla is about to take over the world
i saw numerous Teslas all over Vienna and Budapest, similar to London last year. i don't know about Paris since when i was last there 2 years ago i don't recall seeing many Teslas then. i am sure that has changed. i am highly confident based on my personal observations as well as several conversations that Tesla is the single most desirable brand out there.
in my personal opinion, Tesla long term shareholders have nothing to worry about
Phew.

Just making a point at this juncture to um, point out what is classically, stereotypically, and clichély known as *the domino effect* or *the house of cards effect*.

Please keep this in mind when Tesla accidentally on purpose puts the first OEM to death. Followed by that OEMs chain of dealerships. Followed by the first gas station chain. Etc., etc.

I think a lot of this is charging companies announcing things they were already working on in the background since Tesla announced NACS last year.
Um, perhaps but I don’t think so. Maybe one was. Maybe a second was *contemplating*. But, nah. *This* is all too quick and too ‘coincidental’ in timing.

Additionally, it’s all simply ‘announcements’. We’ll see what happens over the next 6-9 months, but I won’t be holding my breath.

If you’re correct and everyone has been working on this in the background ‘for the past year’, I’d expect to see the new NACS begin to show up at these company’s locales like now. Indeed, they should have been showing up already.

Or are you saying they’d all formed committees to discuss forming a committee to talk about a committee to transition to NACS?

Or are you saying they’d all formed committees to discuss forming a committee to talk about a committee to transition to NACS?
As much as it pains me to agree with a cat...this is spot on.

When a new better way of doing anything is started...the old way screams essentially "but we make money the old way...we don't/won't change"

Till they are dead/irrelevant.

Attended an EV event this weekend that featured the Model PD, a modified Model Y for police use. I interviewed the representative and edited the video down to content more specific to the Tesla. They looked at Rivian, Ford and GM but realized how far ahead Tesla is to the other manufacturers.

I also chatted with owners of a Ford Lightning. I asked her about Ford joining the NACS. She hopes to never use Tesla chargers because she believes Elon is morally bankrupt and doesn't want to give him money. Bit my tongue and silently wished her well once EA and the others disappear.

Article is only ten year late! I mean, this was literally obvious ten years ago.

Um, perhaps but I don’t think so. Maybe one was. Maybe a second was *contemplating*. But, nah. *This* is all too quick and too ‘coincidental’ in timing.

Additionally, it’s all simply ‘announcements’. We’ll see what happens over the next 6-9 months, but I won’t be holding my breath.

If you’re correct and everyone has been working on this in the background ‘for the past year’, I’d expect to see the new NACS begin to show up at these company’s locales like now. Indeed, they should have been showing up already.

For some, such as EverCharge, they formerly had Tesla plugs but discontinued them when CCS appeared to be gaining ground. FWIW, CCS2, because it works, has much fewer objections than does CCS1 with that horrible, constantly breaking pin. The single best thing about every other standard other than CCS1 is that they all work, cumbersome although they all are. Obviously the NACS ability to cope with DC and AC without the assistance of Rube Goldberg (look him up of anybody does not know him) is intrinsically wise.
I am convinced, although he's long dead, that CCS1, in particular, was designed by him. It is not easy to design something explicitly to ensure it will not work./s

Thanks to flip-flopping @danahull!