Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just returned from Europe and i can confidently state that Tesla is about to take over the world
i saw numerous Teslas all over Vienna and Budapest, similar to London last year. i don't know about Paris since when i was last there 2 years ago i don't recall seeing many Teslas then. i am sure that has changed. i am highly confident based on my personal observations as well as several conversations that Tesla is the single most desirable brand out there.
in my personal opinion, Tesla long term shareholders have nothing to worry about

Picking a stock, especially over less than a year, is, IMO, 1/3 logic, 1/3 macros / luck, and 1/3 emotion (but many times the market's 'emotion', not the individual's). So maybe you got lucky, maybe you didn't.
Cannot agree more.
In April I decided to sell some TSLA for personal spending coming up until next year, .
Based on the sentiment here of Q1 results I sold before publication of Q1, at USD 187.xx
At the end of April I concluded that that looked like a good decision at that time: TSLA was substantionally lower than 187.
And that next month in hindsight it could be a bad decision.

Must have felt it coming, look at where we are now.
Trying to time the market Maarten...? :rolleyes: Blessed that it was a very small portfolio percentage, but it is still a bit nagging me.

I was confronted again with the wisdom, that the only thing that counts for us investors: long term.
Is Tesla executing? I will keep my nose on the matter, but for me that is still a very clear yes.

Last edited:
The best battery swap is no (free) battery swap!

NIO also lowered their prices by ~$4,200.

NIO does not have much margin to give. They need to trim costs as well . Looking at NIO makes me appreciate Musk’s strategic thinking. He knew immediately battery swap was a waste of money. Milked it for regulatory credits and moved on.
Fun fact: NIO’s accumulated deficit since going public is over $10 billion with cumulative deliveries of around 330,000.
Tesla’s deficit peaked at $6billion in 2020 with over a million cumulative deliveries. It is now positive at $12 billion.
I spent countless hours looking for the next Tesla. I don’t think it exists

Last edited:
What is the opening bell on Monday looking like right now?

Ding, ding.

opening-bell-ding-ding.gif

Weekend trading related topic, anyone on TD Ameritrade dreading the shift to Schwab, or have already experienced it? I've been seeing a number of complaints about the shift, I'm still on TD because I also have Thinkorswim.
I’m a little concerned about TDA/Schwab.

All I know is for the first time, TDAmeritrade’s Think or Swim (AKA “TOS”) online trading program misrepresented my cost basis of options I rolled when I hovered over, then clicked “View Trades” in my Account Statement tab and I rolled them in my taxed account based on that misinformation, resulting in unexpectedly rolling 30 contracts at a loss. TOS had otherwise been pretty much flawless and easy to use up to this point; I’ve never traded any other way.

I discovered the issue when I attempted to assign the options I sold by ID the day after I sold them. Their excuse was that TOS is primarily a “trading program” and I had to look up that information on the website, though they talked me through selecting options on the program that were supposed to fix the problem (I guess I’ll see on Monday).

If problems like this persist under Schwab I’ll be very disappointed.

I’ve heard very little from them about switching over to Schwab, except that they’re keeping TOS. I hope they are keeping their TOS programmers happy!

What other brokerage does everyone like in case I need to explore other options than TDA/Schwab? TIA.

Funny thing - I was at a Supercharger near Portland OR a couple months ago, and there was this beatup early Model S charging. Looked like a car a homeless person would live in. (Front end bashed in, trash piled in the inside...) Then I got to thinking he was pretty smart. No energy costs because his car had free Supercharging...
It was most probably Rich Rebuilds 😂

For those who don't have much or any first hand experience using CCS and NACS, this video from Two Bit da Vinci might be an insightul watch:

Good video except at the end. Elon has said that all cars will pay the same price and that there was no charge to Ford or GM to use the Supercharging network. Rest of the video is great.