Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the wild card here is the glut of commercial RE loans that their rates are set to 'reset'. That could throw a wrench in things.
Well the flip side to that is commercial real estate values are in crumbles, especially on the west coast. So while new commercial real estate loan rates will be higher than before, the size of the loan needed is less thanks to the decline in value of commercial real estate

Apparently it is still all about the batteries.
OK, I got a different take. Why would Elon announce this? We were not waiting around for Semi, all eyes are on CyberTruck and FSD. So why even mention an impact next year and beyond if he didn't want the stock to cool some. Maybe he's thinking employees have had enough growth in their portfolios for now, and too much too fast could cause an increase in attrition for the newest Teslanaires. Even leave less growth for the next phase of hiring. So like the Waves in Shipping, he's trying to level out his turnover? Maybe it's one reason.

Another might be he needs to change direction on a factory build out and just needs to be out front with the news. It just seems odd to me.

Plus, there will be so many darn Superchargers by then, 620 mi range anything other than a tow vehicle will be viewed as a wasteful use of batteries and money. (Edit: Wait, can it tow? IDK, can't read paywalled.)
The new Toyota EV has a 620 mile range! Perfect for people with big blatters!

OK, I got a different take. Why would Elon announce this? We were not waiting around for Semi, all eyes are on CyberTruck and FSD. So why even mention an impact next year and beyond if he didn't want the stock to cool some. Maybe he's thinking employees have had enough growth in their portfolios for now, and too much too fast could cause an increase in attrition for the newest Teslanaires. Even leave less growth for the next phase of hiring. So like the Waves in Shipping, he's trying to level out his turnover? Maybe it's one reason.

Another might be he needs to change direction on a factory build out and just needs to be out front with the news. It just seems odd to me.
Did he announce it or is this just a WSJ journalistic piece, digging up statements from interviews and spinning them as an announcement for the clicks ? Didn't pay the paywall so who knows :)

Looks like the [supposed] Semi battery delay is not tanking TSLA
It's not big news IMO. TSLA didn't rocket up when Semi production started, it's not going to be a significant percentage of revenue for awhile, and analysts aren't factoring many into their predictions until later in 2024 anyway...so I wouldn't expect it to. (Or at least, it shouldn't). In fact, I think it was somewhat common knowledge that we wouldn't see the semi take off until later next year anyway. They still have to build the main production line in Nevada, after all.

Sure would be a shame if Elon and the CEO of VW (forgot who it is now that Diess is gone) scheduled a Twitter spaces for tomorrow to announce they have adopted NACS....
Elon did say he would try advertising :D:D:D...each of these announcements is great free promotion/advertising for Tesla

Say it isn't so!!

1686683390886.png

RSU's dont work like that. They usually vest over 4 years, so unless people have been holding their stock for 4 years, its paper money until their shares vest.