Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree. An option for a 1970’s style cruise control where it just keeps the speed would be soooo nice. TACC and FSD at this point are no longer get useable for basic highway cruising. I get that this will get fixed someday but until then they need to make a basic cruise control available that is not affected by any sensor input. TACC used to be great but it is completely unuseable and potentially unsafe now. C’mon Elon. Turn back the clock 50 years and give us a working safe cruise control.

Jmho.
Heck, you don't have to go back that far...my 2013 Model S has basic CC!

I had maybe one phantom braking in 7000 km of driving and zero auto wiper issues. Some people say that camera calibration (under service menu) on a sunny mid-day on a 3 lane highway will fix phantom braking. I am not sure if this is an urban legend or really works - I never got to do it as my delivery day was sunny & I hit the Monash highway when it was calibrating.

What are you even talking about? Just turn off auto wipers if you don't like the feature, and activate wipers manually. You can even use Voice Command: "Windshield Wipers Medium" or "Windshield Wipers Off" without looking at the screen.

How is it you are unaware of this? Are you trying to make some rhetorical point while ignoring how the wipers work?

As posted earlier, with screen shots from the manual, if you intend to ever use autopilot (or even just TACC) you can not turn off auto wipers. They are required for those.

How is it you are unaware of this? Are you trying to make some rhetorical point while ignoring how the wipers work?

Unlike those other car purchases, customers who bought Tesla cars since Oct 2022 will get parking assist as an OTA. The others brands? I'm afraid they're S.O.L. Buy a new car, wot? (because noone have functioning OTA updates, either)

Literally from the first link you cited (but I guess did not actually read?)

it is understood that the feature will be available to retrofit during the fourth quarter of the year.

So at least one other brand is not, in fact, SOL, and will, in fact still get physical sensors that work better than the vision version Tesla replaced their own sensors with.

There is no evidence for the USS removal being related to mass production. Show me the stories of other manufacturers reducing production and blaming a lack of USS. There are none.
This was an arrogant move by people who live and work in California or Texas, on US roads, who have no idea what European raods and weather are like, and it absoluitely, definitely made the product much, much worse.
I have a 2022 model Y with FSD purchased. It cannot even autopark, 8 months after purchase. My 2015 model S could. How is this 4D chess by elon? The product is getting worse.
How isn't this 4D Chess. Now they have lots of cheap and easy ways to make the cars even better. Checkmate!
As posted earlier, with screen shots from the manual, if you intend to ever use autopilot (or even just TACC) you can not turn off auto wipers. They are required for those.
I saw the screenshot, but my 2016 lets me keep my wipers in manual while using FSD. And no I haven't had it override my manual setting. The auto wipers would be fine for me if they just never went into high speed mode. High speed mode is highly annoying and really only needed almost never. Seems like an easy fix to me.

I'm happy to report the SP is GREEN and holding steady, early into this closed-market holiday.

Analysts' consensus indicates we can expect this trend to continue throughout the day.
Well, most analysts that is, excepting GJ, who loudly claims the price will fall irregardlessly* of whether the market is open or closed.

HODL

* for Dodger

Voice Commands don't seem to work well for me.
New update includes ‘British English’. That should solve your problem.
I'm sure that most of this will get sorted, but there are a few annoyances which wind people up.
People need to get less wound up, especially about ‘annoyances’.
Overall, fantastic car - but everything can be improved. I just want fewer and fewer FUD attack vectors.
Good thing Tesla continues to work to improve their cars constantly. The problem is that the more functionality Tesla gives people (much of it for free), the more they demand.

When people originally bought the Model 3; there was no automatic wiper feature of any kind, there were no ‘back up lines’ when reversing, there was no hill hold, there were no functioning heated back row seats, there was no non-American English languages, there was no dog mode, there was no blind spot help, there was no A LOT of things including most ‘just for fun’ features. And here’s the kicker, we paid more for the car than people do now, who don’t have to wait for all those convenience and fun features but who also still get to benefit from constant improvements.

Additionally, we paid more for what could be argued as a technically less safe vehicle. Yet it’s still not enough for some people and it’ll never be enough for them. Sometimes it’s helpful if people reflect to regain some perspective. It can significantly reduce getting wound up about ‘annoyances’.

I just had a visit from some Average Joes I hadn’t seen in over 20 years. Took them for a ride in the Tesla and let them drive it. They exhibited the usual response by people who don’t have any expectations and are just experiencing with an open mind - 😳😮🤯

I'm happy to report the SP is GREEN and holding steady, early into this closed-market holiday.

Analysts' consensus indicates we can expect this trend to continue throughout the day.
Well, most analysts that is, excepting GJ, who loudly claims the price will fall irregardlessly* of whether the market is open or closed.

HODL

* for Dodger
Not in Europe
Change to prev. day-0.46%

New update includes ‘British English’. That should solve your problem.

People need to get less wound up, especially about ‘annoyances’.

Good thing Tesla continues to work to improve their cars constantly. The problem is that the more functionality Tesla gives people (much of it for free), the more they demand.

When people originally bought the Model 3; there was no automatic wiper feature of any kind, there were no ‘back up lines’ when reversing, there was no hill hold, there were no functioning heated back row seats, there was no non-American English languages, there was no dog mode, there was no blind spot help, there was no A LOT of things including most ‘just for fun’ features. And here’s the kicker, we paid more for the car than people do now, who don’t have to wait for all those convenience and fun features but who also still get to benefit from constant improvements.

Additionally, we paid more for what could be argued as a technically less safe vehicle. Yet it’s still not enough for some people and it’ll never be enough for them. Sometimes it’s helpful if people reflect to regain some perspective. It can significantly reduce getting wound up about ‘annoyances’.

I just had a visit from some Average Joes I hadn’t seen in over 20 years. Took them for a ride in the Tesla and let them drive it. They exhibited the usual response by people who don’t have any expectations and are just experiencing with an open mind - 😳😮🤯
This post is one of your best! How soon we forget.

I read this thread over the weekend and everytime it felt like this:

Also, with the Ford and GM announcements with NACS, Tesla Supercharger can add another $100B in value based on our good friend, Adam Jonas.

"Data from Experian picked up by Automotive News show that Tesla's best-selling model doubled registrations to 127,541 in the first four months of 2023 over last year. Remarkably, the Model Y was the second most popular vehicle of any kind in the US after only the Ford F-150 pickup truck, which posted almost 240,000 sales during the period."

IMHO, just as Model Y is outselling the car competition in the US, the Cybertruck will similarly outsell the pickup truck competition. So plan for 720,000 annually (240,000 X 3) just for the US. Should not be a stretch to see worldwide Cybertruck sales of 1,000,000 within three to four years and stay consistent at that level.