Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our local utility gives a $5,000 rebate to employees that purchase an EV. My neighbor bought a Tesla and took advantage of that recently (on top of the $7500 Fed rebate). Considering I am paying for that out of my utility bill, he still owes me a beer or 20+.
Seems to make a lot of sense considering that electricity providers likely stand to benefit big time as transportation energy expenditure switches from gasoline/diesel to their product

This is big. Electrify America is a subsidiary of VW. So I'm guessing VW is next.

You said it !!

Last edited:
1 more for NACS

Polestar will adopt North American Charging Standard to enable access to Tesla Supercharger network in USA and Canada​

Correct! Even with Volvo, that still only counts as won... ;)

Only1.jpg

Cheers to the Winner!

So far today:
TSLA -0.0039%
LCID +6.39%
RIVN +6.93%
NKLA +8.19%
RIDE +4.81%

Blame it on market maker?
One day does not make a stock market cap.
- Tesla has had an amazing up 140% YTD. No company stock goes up every single day.
- Lucid is up with their partnership to build EVs with Aston Martin.
- Rivian is up still riding the coattails of joining Tesla's charging network.
- Nikola Motors is down 98.3% from their all time high, a Start Up trying to market an inefficient, incapable, hydrogen semi. Why this company would even register for a comparison to any profitable company is beyond reasoning. Try to keep your market makers at least >$1B market cap.
- Lordstown Motors, EV pickup truck wannabe, filed for bankruptcy earlier this week, down 99.5% from their all time high. Their market cap is less than many here on TMC have in their investment with Tesla. Not really a market maker imo.

So far today:
TSLA +0.49% MKT CAP at 16:00 hrs ET <> +$3.95B
LCID +6.39%
RIVN +6.93%
NKLA +8.19%
RIDE +4.81%

Blame it on market maker?

Everybody else? Up +$1.93B today on those gains... vs. +$3.95B for TSLA @ 0.49% gain

That's the difference between a mere megacap and a gigacap...

Whining Winning! ;)

Last edited:
Are Tesla's "Company-compiled estimates" out yet for 2023-Q2 Production and Deliveries? TIA.

What is WallE expecting for P&D? (and will they do the normal rug-pull after the fact?)

Yes- though it's misrepresented here as "guidance" from Tesla rather than an estimate compilation

Also the projections for 2025 are still under 3 million deliveries for that year.

I wonder if, as more companies join NACS, there will be less of an effect on TSLA. Sort of a sell-the-news situation. Totally a short-term effect, 'cos long-term it will be worth a lot more to the company.

I can only dream about the expansion of NACS into other countries, like Brazil and such, but I wonder if Tesla will be trying hard to implement NACS in their cars - and infrastructure - in India. It could be a really nice boost for NACS if the world's other largest country decides to allow NACS alongside CCS2.

Trading is open in the USA on, Monday, July 3rd btw next week even though its July 4th weekend

Remember that the week of the 4th of July is a short trading week and a traditional time for bear raids.

There will be a massive rally iff the P/D numbers come in at exactly the right numbers—but no one knows what these are though a few may know that they fall between 1,233 1/5 and 834,281.

Otherwise the SP will be driven down.

Unless of course certain other things happen, which I’ve written in the margins of a book here…

/s 😆

Remember that the week of the 4th of July is a short trading week and a traditional time for bear raids.

There will be a massive rally iff the P/D numbers come in at exactly the right numbers—but no one knows what these are though a few may know that they fall between 1,233 1/5 and 834,281.

Otherwise the SP will be driven down.

Unless of course certain other things happen, which I’ve written in the margins of a book here…

/s 😆

Shouldn't your technical analysis also include casting chicken bones for confirmation?

Maybe follow that up with a Tarot reading, just to be certain?

Oh, and Tea Leaves, we can't leave any stone unturned.

Speaking of witch, are there any stone-based methods of stock forecasting?

These numbers are likely no longer accurate, or less accurate and more difficult to interpret than they already were. Tesla recently (like in the last week) made changes to the way inventory is displayed on the website that has also messed with the inventory scrapers/trackers.

Why exactly the data are being obfuscated and seemingly made less transparent, we can only speculate.

No, when I posted, those were individual VINs. Not groupings.