Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmm... a bunch of "analysts" jumping ship... some could say that they may know something (earnings call will disappoint), but I'm assuming they just want the uninformed to sell so that they can get into $TSLA at a lower price. HODL it is.

Attachments

• tsla analyst ratings.JPG
    tsla analyst ratings.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 121
What's your point? These were made in Switzerland, or is Swiss not an approved word now? Lol.
By the way smarty pants, that was more like an American style comment.
I think his point is that they are made in Sweden.

Besides the strong previous quarter, analysts at Mizuho said they see a bright future for the company due to its position as one of the few EV companies that has a global footprint.

Mizuho sees Tesla as the world leader in EVs for at least the next decade thanks to Gigafactories in Berlin and Shanghai, along with plans to build another in Mexico.

So, if we were to tell you that Tesla is the most wanted car brand in the U.S., you probably wouldn't be surprised. But we're going to tell you anyway.

Tesla was the car brand people are looking to buy the most across the world, topping the tables as the most Googled car for sale in 39 countries, according to a study by AutoTrader.

Sure- but that's not remotely "soon" and the nag would obviously not be needed then either.
Oh, OK, I assumed you meant FSD delivery would be problematic to cars without interior camera. It won’t, but FSD beta may be off limits for those if camera is used for driver monitoring - no problem since beta access is not really commercially contracted though…

India carries lower geopolitical risk, but much higher general internal risks, due to internal political volatility. Many manufacturers have had to walk away from ambitious developments in India due to corruption, sabotage and terrorism. Chose the state wisely. Tamil Nadu would possibly be best (Home to successful Suzuki and Renault plants. Also the iconic Royal Enfield ! I commuted to work in Chennai on a Classic 500 for a short period in 2020 (madness).
OT, but I had to post when you mentioned India & Royal Enfield 500s! This is me biking with a couple of Austrian friends I met en route, in Ladakh in the northwest Himalayas. Sublime 5 months backpacking throughout India in 2014 (me at right after bungie-cording my tablet camera to a rock outcrop in 60 KM winds).

IMG_20140822_184447.JPG

And this is madness near Chennai! (on the road from Auroville) Happy family scootering on the highway, including mum on the back, holding not the bike but her baby - all without helmets.

IMG_20141118_114913.jpg

And lastly, to put it slightly on topic, FSD will be 'solved' when it can manage this! (Kolkota at night):

Attachments

• Kolkota at night.png
    Kolkota at night.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
The number one reason Americans have a reputation as not being the smartest around here.
I thought I'd change my footer. I wouldn't want to wish American on anyone, although I have assimilated over the years. :oops:

Let's put it this way, different parts of America are very different due to education and a lack thereof. Sorry you found some bad apples somewhere it seems, maybe even here on TMC.

But Canadians... we're the friendliest people on earth, haven't you heard? It's pure math. If you're stupid in Canada, you freeze to death. People in Minnesota are also pretty cool, they even have our cute Canadian accent. It's how you sound when your face freezes... then it just caught on. I do think it's the weather and the need to be friendly to survive. Anyway, hope you have a great day!

(Edit: Add in that Tesla likely has widely varied sales by US States I believe, in part, because the change to EVs also requires some understand of power and electricity which many people fear already (unknown, can't see it). So it's easy to play the numbers game and spread false rumors about grid collapse etc. Again, education and how States vote regarding Tesla business would seem to correlate with sales and EV adoption curves. It really is like Europe in that way, more so now than ever IMHO.)

Last edited:
ABS = Asset-backed securities. Sounds more like raising funds for car loans or leases
The securities themselves are backed by leases, seems like a weird setup if they were using this backed by leases to set up financing for more loans/leases.

Tesla has also been doing this as far back as 2017 so not sure why it would result in a different outcome than the previous sales that were assumedly used for expansion, but who knows.

Source: Tesla takes another stab at ABS deal | IFR

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: saniflash
The march of nines is about safety probabilities IMO. It would be irrational to loosen safety practices until FSD is many 9s into proving human supervision is a liability.

I expect to have a “hands” nag and “attentive“ nag right to the end. Is it annoying, sure, but so is an at fault accident as I see it.
There’s the other criteria of smoothness to the passenger and politeness to other drivers. We’re improving, but not there yet.

Reactions: Thumper
"The steering wheel is actually making things more dangerous at this point" Post 420786.

I wish to agree. When my car enters a complicated driving situation, I have to take my eyes off the road to check for the nag warning then I have do the steering wheel tug, which sometimes fails. It would be safer to let me keep my eyes and thoughts on the road.
I find it best to always rest my hand on the lower portion of the wheel. It’s zero stress and I can take over more rapidly if need be. I’ve never had a problem in turns.

Reactions: Nocturnal