Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since it’s still the weekend:

Was thinking about what Elon said, how he sees a path for Tesla being bigger than Aramco and Apple combined.

I’m thinking that he’s aware of the full value of Aramco, and that’s what he meant. No?

If any of you US citizen remember this far back in time...

I still have the Autopilot that keeps the lane and the distance to the car in front.

I do not have lane changes or simple summon or auto park.

But it still is the best assistant I have tried. Mercedes, Jaguar and other modern cars are just miles and years behind my old fashioned autopilot. Both the Jag and the Merc just gave up without notifying me. And suddenly the car is heading into a ditch or into the car in the next lane - with no warning. So scary. But paranoid me could see what was happening and saved the car and myself from various disasters. Obviously the assist was then turned off and manual driving commenced. But it's soo bad. How is that even possible these days? How can they even release such garbage?

And then I watch tweets and youtubes about the FSD that you in the US can play with. And I am totally envious!
I do not mind paying full price for Autopilot on the TMX. I think it's nice to participate in getting FSD up and running for the best of mankind. But I so would love to participate in testing FSD. Please @elon!
Question is, why are you still driving a Jag and MB?

Since it’s still the weekend:

Was thinking about what Elon said, how he sees a path for Tesla being bigger than Aramco and Apple combined.

I’m thinking that he’s aware of the full value of Aramco, and that’s what he meant. No?

I would think he just means ~3T + ~2T + any adjustment made for both over time.

1689532946195.png

Reactions: Paul_SF

Sure hope this rumor is not true. One reason I reserved the CT was the 500 miles range.
Hopefully that's either FUD or just for the initial launch. If after 4.5 years they under deliver so bad we lose 150 miles of range in addition to the 6th seat, I will be rethinking my investment thesis. No way I'll remain "all in". I'll probably go to about 20 percent.

Now that I think about it, Elon's recent comments about FSD could be a stock pump to compensate for an impending collapse over the CT specs. I don't think this is the case but I'm not going to turn a blind eye either.

Analysts Will Be Amazed. Tesla To Produce Significantly More Cybertrucks Than Expected
Wall Street currently predicts that Tesla will deliver a total of 94,000 Tesla Cybertrucks to customers next year and approximately 160,000 vehicles by 2025. However, well-known analyst and investment advisor Gary Black presents a different perspective. Based on disclosed communication between the California-based company’s management and its suppliers, Tesla is preparing for an annual production of up to 375,000 Cybertrucks.

This article is making the rounds, more fluff but this paragraph and the headline are 99% of the content of the article for anyone that's heard of the cybertruck before today.

Haven't seen this mentioned and may apply to other countries, but just a data point for those who like to speculate on Project Highland. Tesla currently offers 0% finance here in the UK for the Model 3 (and only the Model 3), valid for orders placed up to 31st August. Seems to line up with a major refresh of the Model 3.
In Finland you get 2.99% on model Y at the moment, compared to 5 something for model 3

Not sure how this will display, the text below is the text of the tweet above. It's a very long tweet so I hope this comes across.
-------

Model S Plaid is an absolute WORKHORSE!
In the last 2 weeks here are some of its astonishing accomplishments:

🇨🇦 Completed a Cross-Canada roadtrip: Toronto Ontario to Tofino British Columbia & back (~7,000miles)

🏁Dominated multiple ICE super cars in Mountains & Prairies

🏔️Slalomed up and down mountain passes in Track Mode

🛻 Offroaded with lifted SUVs & pickup trucks down logging roads & hydro access pathways, then up a mountain in Squamish BC.

🏍️Bested a Supersport Bike in Vancouver to the point the driver literally bowed down to the Plaid

🏕️Provided comfortable lodging via Camp Mode

⛈️Handled massive rain storms and washout thanks to an amazing ESP system and Tri-motor All Wheel Drive

⛽️Gave incredibly economical travel costs compared to ICE

🔧Zero mechanical issues

🦌Cameras picked up wildlife near the freeway several times and warned us

🚧Hopped curbs, embankments drove through drainage ditches in various situations

🚛Took a Semi-Truck tire on the chin at highway speed and still brought us home safely

📺Provided us with entertainment via Netflix, Spotify, gaming, and a sensational sound system

🌪️Held the road incredibly well in high wind situations

🛋️Provided a comfortable ride via air suspension, cooled seats and active noise cancellation

🧳Massive storage allows us to bring all our luggage, gear, 2 bicycles (inside when driving) and more

🔌Easy charging solutions via the Supercharger Network, and various adapters

🚢Kept us cool with AC running while parked in the bowls of a Ferry Ship (x2) when others had to turn off their engines

🦾Relaxing, fatigue free travel thanks to Autopilot driving most of the time, handling curvy mountain roads & straight lines on the plains

💥Big Plaid power allowed us to escape & outrun a potential car jacking & robbery at 2am in the middle of nowhere

🏆Tesla Model S Plaid is THE best car ever made in human history. There is no other vehicle that offers everything this car does.

🙏A massive “Thank You” to @tesla and the Team who designed & built the Model S Plaid.

and “Thank You” to @elonmusk for you influence on this project.

Me as well but if they are cell constrained it could be for now.
Could be more of a domestic-cell constrain in that the cells satisfying IRA requirements and would be used for huge battery packs facilitating more CT miles are being directed towards vehicles with smaller battery packs that will maximize their potential in terms of getting tax incentives for consumers across more units, boosting sales, etc

Lots of variables around that though, like what the starting price of the CT will be. However, the IRA is really written to incentivize smaller battery packs because a pile of qualifying battery minerals/components can be spread across more units accruing the full incentive rather than using more batteries for fewer CT units with much bigger packs that still only qualify for $7500.

The IRA incentivizes hybrids in this way as well, particularly as the requirements become more demanding and tiny little hybrid batteries stretch that pile of qualifying raw materials much further than even a smaller BEV while still garnering that full $7500 -- it'll be interesting to see if domestic hybrid manufacturing picks up as a result.