Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I could understand why Tesla/Elon didn't want to commit to Cybertruck delivery event in Q3 back on the Q2 earnings call but the rate at which we're seeing them get produced, I don't see how they wouldn't be ready for hand over at least 30-50 Cybertruck's in mid to late September. Yes some of these are for EPA certification purposes and crash test purposes, but based on what I've seen, the Cybertruck's built for those purposes have already been built over the past couple of weeks and shipped out already. Saw some photos of Cybertrucks on flatbed that had clearly gone through crash testing.

Sure would be nice if they announced the date of the delivery event to get the stock a catalyst to bring in some support.

Some nice pics of "Supercharger V4", which for now it just a V4 stall, not charger

Of note, control part now is inside a box, probably a bit more complex with the whole payment and screen part, also, radiator is significantly bigger than V3 stall

And also I got someone to snap a pic of the "V4" cabinet, which other than a few kW more than a V3 on the AC/DC conversion side, it's exactly the same

But the beefier cooling seems like it can/will be paired with higher power cabinets on true V4 sites, and means probably two things

One, is that Cybertruck won't be that much higher voltage, so they will need to crank the amps more, thus more cable cooling required, second is that it is higher voltage, but will also need more current meaning 500+ kW peak

It looks like that cabinet is configured for V3 lower voltage posts. With a 1000V DC input bus, the only components that would need to change to support 1kV are the output capacitors and voltage divider, assuming they were not already compatible. The listed power would match the 2 cabinet 750kW semi chargers Pepsi has.
Nice to see wider AC voltage tolerance.

I could understand why Tesla/Elon didn't want to commit to Cybertruck delivery event in Q3 back on the Q2 earnings call but the rate at which we're seeing them get produced, I don't see how they wouldn't be ready for hand over at least 30-50 Cybertruck's in mid to late September. Yes some of these are for EPA certification purposes and crash test purposes, but based on what I've seen, the Cybertruck's built for those purposes have already been built over the past couple of weeks and shipped out already. Saw some photos of Cybertrucks on flatbed that had clearly gone through crash testing.

Sure would be nice if they announced the date of the delivery event to get the stock a catalyst to bring in some support.
Only three on an auto carrier? Are they that heavy? Time to talk to the state of Texas and UP and get a branch built to the factory.

Reactions: navguy12
Only three on an auto carrier? Are they that heavy? Time to talk to the state of Texas and UP and get a branch built to the factory.
They are not stacked properly
download.jpg

What the heck! Never heard of this before. What are the advantages?

YTSL: Buy shares tsla, buy adtl shares using 25% leverage, sell covered calls and/or cash covered puts. Use option selling premiums to distribute funds

TSLY: hold US bills and sell slightly otm calls and cash secured puts on tsla to benefit from upside and distribute premiums from option selling premiums.

Not sure if faster ...
Tesla however has matured, they now sandbag and talk less about early release dates and high expectations.
With the 3, even months before 1st employees got their vehicles, it was like Model 3 already in production. ... and fluffbot and EM sleeping in factory floor :)

Basically no one knows much about Highland and CT release dates.

If it is this hard for Tesla to change to Highland, the value proposition of releasing a new slightly modified version by incumbents every year must have been a big waste of resources.cheers!!

Reactions: saniflash
That depends on how much you think the IRA will help in the long run.

I suspect a lot of people on this board have over-extended their personal finances to invest in Tesla because they think it will pay off in the long run. The same can be said of government investments in sustainable energy.

But back to the original point, I agree that most analysts are under-estimating the effect of the IRA on Tesla. Tesla is ramping EVs and Megapacks and battery packs and battery cells at an astonishing rate. No company will benefit from the IRA more than Tesla. Nobody else will even be close.
Well I don't think we need to get into discussions about the potential perils of things like investing on margin that we know has burned many on the extreme end, but if that's the intention then it needs to be in the budget since the budget feeds into all sorts of other things.

For example that additional 9x of funding needs to come from somewhere, that needs to be planned for

Maybe they are trucking them to California or Nevada for the handover event?

Hmm. Since Tesla can't sell cars in the state of Texas, what will they do for the Cybertruck handover event? Will they ship them out of state to be sold and then ship them back to Austin for the event?
I assume they will do the same thing they are doing with Model Ys currently built at GigaTexas.

Order/purchase/payment handled online, and then delivered wherever. (I think what they can't do in Texas is participate in the purchase process in person, but they can deliver a vehicle that you have already purchased, and paid for, online.)

I assume they will do the same thing they are doing with Model Ys currently built at GigaTexas.

Order/purchase/payment handled online, and then delivered wherever. (I think what they can't do in Texas is participate in the purchase process in person.)
Yeah the Texas dynamic gets blown out of proportion. It's a bit inconvenient sure, but it's not that bad. You just have to order online, you can't walk into a Tesla store and order directly through them.

You can take delivery in Texas. I was just in Dallas 2 weeks ago and the drive from Love field to downtown takes you right by a Tesla delivery center with many Tesla's in the lot being delivered.

Hmm. Since Tesla can't sell cars in the state of Texas, what will they do for the Cybertruck handover event? Will they ship them out of state to be sold and then ship them back to Austin for the event?

It seems that the handover event might be an opportunity to point out the absurdity of Texas law.

The Texas law prevents Tesla from being able to offer a customer the ability to walk into a Texas showroom, select a vehicle there, then purchase the chosen vehicle on the spot and drive it home. Like how it is usually done at a stealership.

Is there any statute indicating the vehicle needs to be physically present at the location the sale is conducted? That would be ridiculous.

An online sale is conducted in California by a Texas buyer. There is no statute preventing someone from taking delivery in Texas. That seems to pretty much explain how all the Teslas have ended up on roads in Texas.

Reactions: Prunesquallor
Just a heads up, 100 day moving average is 219.94/share...if it doesn't hold, I expect a quick drop to the 200 day which is 197/share.

TSLA continues to underperform it's beta. How many days is that since earnings? At least 90% of the days have been underperforming. Sometimes by huge amounts. Seems like today will be the day the 100 day gets tested.

Last edited: