Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again: the yoke/joke is just a proxy . . . and we're about to see more of this in 3 and Y as S/X sales crater?!?
Tesla or someone else should be able to make a "after market" wheel replacement for the yoke with stalks and a centre horn, for those that want it.

If there is strong demand for this, I would be surprised if the option doesn't already exist.

I found a few wheel replacements, but I didn't find one with stalks.

Reactions: Mengy and SO16
I don't see it being much different. You still have to qualify, and you can adjust withholding to get the credit back early now.

Wait until 2025 when someone that normally only pays $3500 in taxes owes $4000 to pay back the extra they didn't qualify for when they file their 2024 taxes. The outrage will be huge.

Though full details of how it will work aren't available yet.
I think it's going to be an enormous boost to sales as it makes an EV more attainable to a LOT more people.

Only relatively wealthy people won't qualify. For married couples, you have to make over 300K per year to not qualify. That's only 4.3% of households. These are not the buyers who are priced out of getting an EV today.

Adjusting your withholding does not help you with the down payment. But in 2024, Uncle Sam will give you $7500 to put down on the car. Most people buying a car are looking first and foremost at whether they can qualify for the loan and whether they can handle the monthly payments. A $7500 down payment makes the loan approval more likely. And saving $145 per month on the car payment is a big deal to masses of buyers.

If word gets out about what a good deal this is, we could even see a demand spike causing higher prices.

Again: the yoke/joke is just a proxy . . . and we're about to see more of this in 3 and Y as S/X sales crater?!?

First a bit of an off-topic: I think we all get that you see huge Tesla/Elon missteps...but when you (over)use your own chosen insulting epithets and repeat them at every chance ("yoke/joke", "boy racer"), you lose a lot of your persuasiveness and it starts to feel more emotional/personal and less rational. It's like when I read comments from Tesla/Elon haters, and they call him "Eloon" or "Elmo" 5 times in one paragraph. Once or twice can be clever or at least interesting...but repetition really kills it.

Anyway, that aside: have S/X sales really cratered? I know Q1 2023 looked bad with only roughly 10k delivered, but Tesla explained that many were in transit. Things seemed to look fine in Q2 with over 19K delivered....potentially approaching an annualized rate of 80K, which seems fine historically.

For reference, S/X deliveries by year:

2023 - 10,695 + 19,225 + ? + ? = maybe 65-70,000?
2022 - 66,705
2021 - 24,964 (yes, the update/transition was messed up)
2020 - 57,039 (COVID issues)
2019 - 66,771
2018 - 99,394
2017 - 101,312
2016 - 76,230
2015 - ~50,000
2014 - ~32,000
2013 - ~22,400
2012 - ~2,600

So, the Model 3 was launched in 2017, and we all remember production hell through much of 2018...so Tesla was getting tons of publicity and interest, but didn't have Model 3 production up. Many people itching for a 3 probably shifted to an S or X in those years, resulting in bigger S and X deliveries of roughly 100K in 2017 and 2018.

Model 3 production was up in 2019, and Model S/X deliveries settled back down to 65,000ish.

2020 and 2021 had COVID issues and Tesla's slow update to the newest versions of S/X.

But, 2022 and likely 2023 are at a similar S/X delivery levels to 2019 (post Model 3 ramp) and 2016 (pre Model 3).

I just don't see the "cratered" S/X deliveries or demand in those numbers.

We know prices have dropped...but so have the prices on the 3 and the Y. Tesla raised MSRPs through 2020-2022 and almost every other vehicle had huge dealer mark ups during that time due to an overall supply reduction in the vehicle market. Sales prices are coming down for all vehicles because supply has recovered...

There may be some demand issues for the vehicle market as a whole coming soon, as the economy teeters...but it would be silly to blame Tesla's yoke or lack of stalks for overall market issues if they do develop.

Recipe and/or invitation for "Group Think."

Are the videos faked?

Are the signs faked?

Do please share why you think there is inaccurate CONTENT in the video.

Thanks.
Anybody that follower similar stories knows this is about banning tesla cars in no-video-record zones, not generally. Pretending otherwise is FUD. Like this headline.

Anybody that follower similar stories knows this is about banning tesla cars in no-video-record zones, not generally. Pretending otherwise is FUD. Like this headline.

Yeah, I think this topic dates back a couple of years.

The Chinese not wanting vehicles with cameras in sensitive areas isn't news.

Attachments

• IMG_4234.jpeg
    IMG_4234.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 148
But in 2024, Uncle Sam will give you $7500 to put down on the car. Most people buying a car are looking first and foremost at whether they can qualify for the loan and whether they can handle the monthly payments.
But low income earners won't qualify for the full $7500 tax credit. And if they take it at the point of sale they will be screwed when it comes time to file their taxes.

When consultants have a report to sell, they start to tell the truth as it is unavoidable to do so

o = now, mid 2023
* = the 50/50 global transition point in mid-2026

View attachment 966804

Q - is Fremont the only factory still using production tents? If so, would anyone know of how many vehicles are produced via tents only?

I'm asking in the potential scenario that Tesla is asked/required/gets-the-opportunity to start doing a far higher production ramp with the Model 3 and doesn't want to build massive buildings anymore due to a quicker time constraint.

Q - is Fremont the only factory still using production tents? If so, would anyone know of how many vehicles are produced via tents only?
You can see tents in this video:-

My recollection is that tents were used for the GA process only and painted cars were delivered to the tents.

If Model 3 is migrating to front and rear castings, that can potentially mean hundreds of body shop robots are no longer required and a lot of space inside is free to be used for other purposes.

If the changes are similar to what I hope they will be, the GA process should be faster and more streamlined.

You can see tents in this video:-

My recollection is that tents were used for the GA process only and painted cars were delivered to the tents.

If Model 3 is migrating to front and rear castings, that can potentially mean hundreds of body shop robots are no longer required and a lot of space inside is free to be used for other purposes.

If the changes are similar to what I hope they will be, the GA process should be faster and more streamlined.

Thank you though dunno - a search resulted in this recent development this year.

Every top article before that was in 2021, 2019, and 2018.

But low income earners won't qualify for the full $7500 tax credit. And if they take it at the point of sale they will be screwed when it comes time to file their taxes.

Yes, these folks should lease their new Teslas. That way, the Leasing Co. gets the $7,500 directly, and applies the credit directly to the lease. It'd be even better if this deal was bundled with an Option-to-Buy at a pre-arranged price, so it's very much like financing a new car with a loan.

Cheers!

Thank you though dunno - a search resulted in this recent development this year.
We need to see where this new tent is built and what it is used for.

"Installation of permanent tent at road - light tunnel structure, electrical and controls.”

I really like the way "end of line" at Austin is being built across the highway on the west side well away from the rest of the factory.

The fact that this tent has a "light tunnel structure" might indicate that it is for inspection of cars as part of an "end of line" facility.

If that is true, the new tent will probably be closer to where car carriers pick up cars.

Why I like the separate "end of line" is simple, the factory just cranks out cars, "end of line" inspects them and correct minor flaws, batching more major work for a separate process which also doesn't need to be in the main factory.

If Tesla needs to return cars to the factory for rework, or if "end of line" becomes a bottleneck inside the factory, the flow is interrupted.

With the separate "end of line" the hope would be that only a small minority of cars return to the factory for rework.

Last edited:
For a change, TSLA more than 2% up in Germany: Tradegate Exchange
Let´s hope it lasts..

Up $7.26 +3.37% w. strong vol. in the Premarket vs. Friday's Close: (macros green, too)

TSLA.2023-08-21.05-45.Hi.png

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Aug 21, 2023 05:59 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$222.76 +7.26 (+2.89%)
Pre-Market Volume513,925
Pre-Market High$222.83 (05:58:08 AM)
Pre-Market Low$217 (04:00:00 AM)